Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
546A9B49-842F-4F3A-9381-7DEB8C1D764A.jpeg
Quiet storm for moi

While the comic book fans will, and should to be quite honest, come out of the wood works for a Jordan based/themed around a comic book character and movie, I feel like the Kaws 4s were a little different. I personally didn't like them, and never had even heard of Kaws at the time, I'd argue that most people that were hyped over the release also didn't know anything about Kaws either. IMO, most heard the word "collab," knowing that means limited/hyped, and lost it.
well sure, every tie-in release will be different based on what's being tied in. fact is, the baseline is established with primarily sneakerheads and then demand is heightened because of the secondary crowd. i knew how crazy the kaws crowd can get, being that some of his figures can fetch several thousands and are just as impossible to get as many sneakers, and that was just gonna make the kaws 4 release nothing but trouble.

look at all the dunk SB collabs over the years....you had de la soul and mf doom fans camping out for some releases and then pushead and unkle fans coming out for a couple others.

Have the Letterman's grown on anyone with time?

Always thought the hate for them was blown out of proportion, but they're pretty mediocre. I liked them when pictures first leaked, but with time I decided I didn't like them enough to cop. Definitely not the worst 1s like people in here were claiming though,

Same lol at first I was like I'll never wear them but today I just threw them on like "wow, these aren't as bad as I remember them"

I've always liked them but was waiting to get them for cheap, then I just got sidetracked with new releases coming out. I'd love to get a cheap pair like I did with the Hyper Royal's.

well sure, every tie-in release will be different based on what's being tied in. fact is, the baseline is established with primarily sneakerheads and then demand is heightened because of the secondary crowd. i knew how crazy the kaws crowd can get, being that some of his figures can fetch several thousands and are just as impossible to get as many sneakers, and that was just gonna make the kaws 4 release nothing but trouble.

look at all the dunk SB collabs over the years....you had de la soul and mf doom fans camping out for some releases and then pushead and unkle fans coming out for a couple others.
True. I'm just thinking that especially at this current time with Marvel movies and comic books being so popular with a super wide gamut of people, and Spider-Man being up there in terms of American popularity with the likes of Batman and Superman, a Spider-Man shoe is gonna attract damn near everyone. Especially if JB markets these to the main stream public in a main stream type of way. If JB added something to the trailers of this movie about getting the same shoe as in the movie, the chaos would be epic.

LoopTrain, hmmmm thats a new one.

And lettermans have now been delegated to rain beater status. If anyone wants a 9.5 for shipping cost, i may be in the mood to spread christmas cheer.

As a big fan of Spider-Man, I wanna really like those AJ1s but they are terrible. Looks too similar to Chicagos

So just came from my local city gear looks like there's still some ROTY's at other city gears and they have a mailing system. Said they'll call me in a few days when my pair arrives. Pretty pumped to have em and of course, sail Laces on deck, may do red. Also does anyone remember the Guava's? Saw them in person and tried them on in the store and just couldn't get into the aesthetic at all. They still have a bunch of em. I think ROTY's will be my pair closing out of 2018.

Back
Top Bottom