Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
:pimp:

5F14AC5C-B749-4AD0-BE64-EE64500AC057.jpeg

Ended up doubling on Turbos thanks to my homie.

Takes the sting outta missing those UNCs this morning. May eventually trade my second pair of GOLD toes for em but I'm not so sure just yet.

Wish they would've given the wings logo some color on the UNCs, but I'm probably nitpicking due to salt.

I'm sure the inevitable Sean Go video won't reduce my sodium either.

Lol, my dumbass just realized that the "Turbo Greens" are inspired by the Charlotte Hornets colors.

In my defense, they don't usually do that with the teams hosting the ASG and what kind of name is Turbo Green.

Nonetheless, the colorway is fire. But ill have to pass because I don't have anything to wear with it.

Lol, my dumbass just realized that the "Turbo Greens" are inspired by the Charlotte Hornets colors.

In my defense, they don't usually do that with the teams hosting the ASG and what kind of name is Turbo Green.

Nonetheless, the colorway is fire. But ill have to pass because I don't have anything to wear with it.

Yeah Turbo Green is a weird *** name for a color but I like that it's not baby/ UNC blue. I haven't seen the shoe in person yet but I'm excited to have another funky colored Jordan 1. With the direction 1's seem to be going in these might be one of the last good joints for a while.

Ransom question: we talk shoes all the time but what are some of yall occupations? I really wanna work on networking so when I graduate I have some kind of connections to get me a good as job. I was wondering if any of yall work at firms or something so I can get my foot in the door.

Ransom question: we talk shoes all the time but what are some of yall occupations? I really wanna work on networking so when I graduate I have some kind of connections to get me a good as job. I was wondering if any of yall work at firms or something so I can get my foot in the door.

Yeah NTers are gonna hook you up with a high paying job :lol:

Yeah NTers are gonna hook you up with a high paying job :lol:

Nothin wrong with trying I'm on here all the time and looking to get away from TN when I graduate. Right now I'm just building up skills Dont underestimate the power of social media. I ain't lookin for a high paying job. Just trying fo get in where I'm not pushing fast food, stocking, doing factory sh*t, or working retail.

Nothin wrong with trying I'm on here all the time and looking to get away from TN when I graduate. Right now I'm just building up skills Dont underestimate the power of social media. I ain't lookin for a high paying job. Just trying fo get in where I'm not pushing fast food, stocking, doing factory sh*t, or working retail.

Find a decent job that can be a solid stepping stone, kill it, and network within. You have to meet people while doing well at the job. That’s the best way to connect and make moves.

Work for a railroad in New York. Been there since I was 25. 30 year career to retirement. Free medical, dental and vision. Guys I work with who hustle make over 200k. Def a different lifestyle with the hours and days off but all seniority based. No college required.

i'm a customer service manager for a major airline.

Find a decent job that can be a solid stepping stone, kill it, and network within. You have to meet people while doing well at the job. That’s the best way to connect and make moves.

This is actually solid advice except trying to “find a decent job” straight out of undergrad (and even grad school for some) is pretty tough in this economy. I would advise someone to take a lower paying job in your field (or, honestly, even an unpaid internship) if it will help them network or break into whatever industry they are trying to get into. I have a few really good college friends from undergrad who had to do this in LA with the film industry, NYC with fashion and broadway, and also here in DC with politics. All these people had to hustle and pretty much all of them also worked low-paying jobs at retail or restaurants to keep the lights on while they furthered their respective careers (and all of us went to a top university-granted we graduated in ‘08 & ‘09 which was almost an economic depression). The good news is it’s much easier to do this in your early 20s than in your late 20s or 30s so really if you want to break into an industry, you’ll have to have the drive to work like this to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom