Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I work in IT and do real estate on the side.

I was previously a teacher but switched to IT after having my first kid. I bought my rental properties while teaching and my goal is to continue buying at least a place year until I have at least 30 units. I’m at 10 now so just keeping my head down til then.
I was hoping to get in to some rental properties just don’t know where to start yet

I was previously a teacher but switched to IT after having my first kid. I bought my rental properties while teaching and my goal is to continue buying at least a place year until I have at least 30 units. I’m at 10 now so just keeping my head down til then.

Wow, where do you live that you have 10 rental properties? Here in DC, that would easily be worth anywhere between $4-10 million for that many properties haha

Did you go to school for IT?

Also, thought about getting my real estate license and breaking into that field. Would you say it's worth it?

killing it man. also curious what state you live in/where your properties are?

A few GR OG 1 Highs that I've customized a bit. From L to R: Triple Black Premium Essentials now "Dark Shadow", Purple Gatorade to "Blurple", Red Metallic to "Chicago-ish". I've also got an Orange Gatorade that was made into a "Blorange", in a similar fashion to the Purple here, and I blacked out the swoosh on my "A Star Is Born" joints.

teh6h6juenl11.jpg

Work for a railroad in New York. Been there since I was 25. 30 year career to retirement. Free medical, dental and vision. Guys I work with who hustle make over 200k. Def a different lifestyle with the hours and days off but all seniority based. No college required.
Exactly what my pops did. 30 years @ Union Pacific Railroad. He retired a few years ago. First thing he did was buy a kayak & some fishing poles lol:smokin

You bought rental properties while teaching?! How did you manage to do that? I don't mean to sound rude, but aren't teacher salaries on the low-end unless you're a professor at a university or something? And now you own 10 properties that you rent out? Do you live in Detroit or something?

You bought rental properties while teaching?! How did you manage to do that? I don't mean to sound rude, but aren't teacher salaries on the low-end unless you're a professor at a university or something? And now you own 10 properties that you rent out? Do you live in Detroit or something?
I dont know sh** about real estate but im guessing he financed & then made payments from the rent he collected. Once fully paid, rent collection becomes profit. Again, I dont know ish, just a stab in the dark.

Ransom question: we talk shoes all the time but what are some of yall occupations? I really wanna work on networking so when I graduate I have some kind of connections to get me a good as job. I was wondering if any of yall work at firms or something so I can get my foot in the door.
I just graduated from OSU’s Fisher college of business and it averaging 5 applications a day (some professors said to do 15) but I’ve come to the conclusion it’s flat out going to come down to networking. I’ve gotten strategic with my applications, trying to apply to jobs immediately after getting posted or making sure that they are purely general entry and still no luck just yet. I’ll be one of the first applicants and I’ll go back and look a week later just to see a couple hundred people have since applied.smh. I graduated in mid December, but still.

Start your networking now, and try to get into internships or anything of the sort. Because unless you have a gold plated resume, it’s an uphill battle. Do everything you can now.

Keep faith and work hard. I’m clinging to optimism myself atm.

not a chance on sneakrs for the turbos in eu ^^
and that goes for pretty much all the other sites....
did not really want them that bad but still kinda suprised!

Ransom question: we talk shoes all the time but what are some of yall occupations? I really wanna work on networking so when I graduate I have some kind of connections to get me a good as job. I was wondering if any of yall work at firms or something so I can get my foot in the door.
Im a Graphic Artist/Packaging Designer at a Diecast/Toy company. I do freelance on the side as well. Networking, internship, and building a solid resume/ portfolio was so key for me. Always talk to people and be open to opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom