Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Have ROY’s restocked anywhere since the drop? Da net was all negative on em till they dropped & I haven’t seen em since... I need a double to stock

the market trends start with us bro. As with any other enthusiast product. We decide for the casual shopper whats good and what isnt. If something requires a boycott best believe it will start with us. And thats exactly where this is heading.

Nike was killing it just a couple years ago. Plain and simple. What theyre doing now is just wrong and it WILL eventually show up on their bottom line

Oh please. The real trendsetters don't give a **** about a swoosh being too small or the height being off. The real trendsetters are the athletes and IG influencers given pairs for free. They're not out here picketing in front of Nike HQ about some damn QC issues :lol:.

Last edited:
nike revenue increased 13% in the 4th quarter. theyre not slowing down. theyre doing just fine, no matter what us sneakerheads on NT think.

I don’t think the argument is/was ever that Nike is failing financially (they’re obviously not). Instead, it’s that the brand has become less sneakerhead focused with a lot of directions (I.e. the amount of trash or no thought cws released, etc.), which simply sucks for us sneaker enthusiasts. Not sure how that’s debatable.

its gonna be weak in May too, ain't nobody copping Travissss

not too many pairs left in the warehouse after a shock drop, and sometimes a shock drop is all a shoe release gonna get

YOU GET THIS NEGATIVITY OUT OF HERE!

tenor.gif

I love when dudes on NT think they know the ins and outs of Nike's business, company, decisions, and plans. For most of us on forums like these, our scope on sneakers is insanely narrow. We're obsessed with minor details like stitching, height, texture. We think a shoe retroing "too many times" is a bad thing. We think our opinions matter to them. Nope. I'm hard pressed to believe execs care about that ****. They're just getting their bag, just like we do at our jobs.

You're clearly underestimating Nike employees. Let's not forget what the group who runs Sportswear did for the Air Max 1 anniversary edition. They listened to all of the Air Max enthusiast who for years complained how the shoe was so far removed from it's original shape and materials, that is was questionable to even call it an AM 1 anymore. Both the execs and the designers went to the drawing board and built the shoe from the ground up. While it wasn't an exact replication of the 1986/87 mold/blue print, it came pretty close and the entire community rejoiced. They saw sales skyrocket for the AM 1 and now the shape and materials implemented are the standard, even for the ID models. I am aware that there are execs who aren't passionate about sneakers like we are, however it's ignorant to constantly dismiss our voice. I have noticed that this current generation that occupies NT has that attitude and it's truly frustrating.

Don't waste your time.. I tried for the last few pages to get dudes to look at things from a business standpoint instead of looking at it from a sneakerhead standpoint. The worst part is that some dudes quoting me actually believed sneakerheads and enthusiasts outnumber the average consumer and that Nike should value the niche market of sneakerheads over the causal audience. Alot of questions get asked on here about things nike does that would simply make sense if people on here realized that Nike is a business first and foremost. Their objective is to make money and increase profit margins, not please sneakerheads.

Nobody (that includes me) believes that sneaker enthusiast out number the casual buyer. You need to step up your reading and comprehension level if that's what you took from our back and forth. I never said Gentry was bad for business; I said he's an enthusiast worst nightmare. Thanks for the captain obvious "Nike is a business first and foremost.", how would we manage without your insight?

gentry is bad for business, it just doesnt look like it because his impact is felt after he moves on to f up something else

its gonna be weak in May too, ain't nobody copping Travissss

not too many pairs left in the warehouse after a shock drop, and sometimes a shock drop is all a shoe release gonna get

i thought that shock drop only released like 300 pairs

was joking/sarcastic about the first part lol, second part sometimes hold true tho, some shock drops are all that a release gets (ow unc, serenas for example)

Bid got accepted on a pair of Purple Toes off StockX. Been eyeing them for a while, so $247 after free shipping and a 5% code isn’t too bad. How limited were they? Remember the Pine Greens being far more available (and worth every penny IMO)

Would been all the way in if they did these and made the "lakers/que dog" colorway without a color change, a purple outsole, and a purple/gold tongue tag. But oh well, fuggit
100% in. If the Lakers SBs were as you just described, I'd be all over them, and same for the other SBs.

Back
Top Bottom