Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Man, this dude needs to ease up on the filters. Still gross though look at the side of that shoe literally looks like crumpled up garbage bags that have been sitting in the garage for years.

SBB 3.0 Looking like 3rd degree burns up close....Dang!!!! These and the Coutures are the worst 1s JB has ever put out. I'd result to wearing mids if JB keep making these paper mache looking 1s...
Screenshot_20190604-122547.jpg

A comment like this but majority of this thread has a hardon for....Unions.

Frankenshoes. Take away the "collab" aspect and no one would give a damn.

Oh you 100% have a point about the collab portion. But, a collab usually means it’s a 1 time shoe (or part of a VERY limited run of releases such as O-W, Etc.). These shoes aren’t a collab so they don’t have some hipster clothing store, luxury brand, or celeb’s name behind it. As I mentioned earlier ITT, they are marketing these as SBBs while they took the defining aspect of SBBs completely out of the release (high quality, soft tumbled leather).

Does anyone in this thread actually like them ?

Don't be shy, step into the light.

Some said they'll still cop even if they dont necessarily like them. Force of habit, I guess. I hope they eat come release day because I know there's gonna be a massive turn and FOMO at play when they hit sneakrs & retailers.

I don't understand shoe economics for sure, but I don't get why or what drives re-stocks. Like I would have hoped for a LA-CHI restock, but the NYC-Paris kicks are the ones "they" chose... and I guess I would like to better understand why? For a cat like me who wears size 15, it is almost impossible to get my hands on the super nice joints without having to fork over re-sale costs... just annoying.

Tate

At this point, I’m sitting out all 1 releases til the OG cut pairs start releasing. Another amazing collab could change that though..

Patent does not belong on a Jordan 1. Everyone at JB (Michael included) need their *** beat for putting out something like this. They had one job and still found a way to f it up.

Part of me wonders if this is intentional.

You know it is they know people will but them regardless.

Maybe they're just really bored and want to f*** with us lol.

But on a serious note, even if it leads to mixed results, I get why JB would try new stuff. Jordan 1 heads like us will be turned off, but the majority will still scoop them up because it's a twist on a modern classic that still has the shattered backboard narrative. Then, in order to win back the favor of the true sneaker community, they'll probably bring back some classics in that OG cut and make a big deal about how they're taking it back to where it all started.

Bottom line: JB only cares about its bottom line.

I’m waiting (hoping) to snag remastereds on the low since there’s nothing on the horizon worth the cop effort.... between now and next year’s 1s anniversary. The obsidians might be the sleeper of the year for the 1s but expecting they should be AMC easy ish lift.

Then, in order to win back the favor of the true sneaker community, they'll probably bring back some classics in that OG cut and make a big deal about how they're taking it back to where it all started.

Good point. If they give us a massive GR of Chicago 1s with the OG cut, swoosh, and quality materials-all of us on here would immediately start throwing our money at them again. I hate to say it, but I could see them implementing a $190ish price point for 1s with a hyped, “remastered 2.0” GR release just like this.

Back
Top Bottom