Retro high react
air-jordan-1-react-white-black-red-ar5321-016-2.jpg
air-jordan-1-retro-high-react-white-black-red-ar5321-016-heel.jpeg.jpg
air-jordan-1-retro-high-react-white-black-red-ar5321-016-top.jpeg.jpg
air-jordan-1-retro-high-react-white-black-red-ar5321-016-medial.jpeg.jpg
air-jordan-1-retro-high-react-white-black-red-ar5321-016-lateral.jpeg.jpg
air-jordan-1-retro-high-react-white-black-red-ar5321-016-bottom.jpeg.jpg
Yuck, BIG trash....wtf jb thinking.

Of course I know that, I mean Clays fall in the same vein because they're massively underrated like the Metallic Navy

I’m not seeing that comparison at all... Metallics are on a whole other level of underrated. Clays are not grossly underrated. They are what they should be.

I’m not seeing that comparison at all... Metallics are on a whole other level of underrated. Clays are not grossly underrated. They are what they should be.
Compared to what 1s jb been dropping this year , I'll take all of last year's drops all day long.

If anything, NT overrates Clay Greens. They're very clean, but the leather on the toebox is super trash. The creasing is horrible.

I had two pairs of Blue Moons, and although I fell in love with them from promo pics, I couldn't keep them after experiencing that leather. The first pair was pre-creased!

I ended up trading them for some Royals, which I'm 100x happier with.

This is true the Metallics are the most underrated OG colorway for how good the materials are and it being a classic. But I think the Clay's are underrated too. Tbh I'm not mad at it because when people have a low opinion on sleepers that makes them cheaper to get. But they are definitely underrated as a colorway. I like the feel of the materials I dont think most of yall touch them while they're on your feet after a long day to see how soft they really feel and how they break-in over time. I wear my shoes often so breaking in pairs is no sweat to me.

the best hand in the game pack has decent leather. people just think if it's not tumbled it's terrible. worst side effect to come out of the original SBB release.

That's so annoying

because my Chicago's and Storm Blues have good leather and are just getting softer

Good non-tumbled > tumbled > plastic non-tumbled

These best-hand pack have plastic non-tumbled. It's terrible on the toebox. It's fine on the side panels.

Good non-tumbled > tumbled > plastic non-tumbled

These best-hand pack have plastic non-tumbled. It's terrible on the toebox. It's fine on the side panels.

Hmmm its not terrible on the toebox either tbh. They dont crinkle like the Crimson tints and are softer than Turbo's. Those have that plastic-
feel you speak of. One of the reasons I returned my crimsons is because the crinkles took me back to 09 releases lol

If anything, NT overrates Clay Greens. They're very clean, but the leather on the toebox is super trash. The creasing is horrible.

I had two pairs of Blue Moons, and although I fell in love with them from promo pics, I couldn't keep them after experiencing that leather. The first pair was pre-creased!

I ended up trading them for some Royals, which I'm 100x happier with.
I was gonna say the same thing about my clays. Glad im not the only one complaining about the toe box. Mine has like extra white leather on it making the whole panel wavy. All i think about is when i wear them is how would i ever fix that? What stitch needs to be edited? Those shoes drive me crazy. Plastic lace strip instead of leather was also a nice touch. I wish i didnt buy those. They got me good with that colorway. And they fit big and looser than the rest

Damn those r horrid

Exactly, some perspective for anyone who thinks the Clay's are anywhere near terrible. They're not, they actually wear in nicely. What you got going on is natural wear and a tumbled aesthetic due to the nature of the materials folding and molding to your feet. What I got going is true creasing and stiffness with no break in due to the point of cracking over time with wear.

My chi's which have amazing quality broke in the same way as your Clay's and that toe box has felt so nice and soft to the touch out the box. Massive world of difference when wear is included should be applicated to whether a shoe is made of "quality" materials or not.

20190624_151408.jpg

Last edited:
Just because there has been worse, doesn't mean the Clay Green toe box isn't terrible. It's terrible imo. Or really bad. Or just plain bad if you prefer. However you want to describe them, we can go round and round on that, but bottom line is it isn't good.

I don't own a single shoe that creases that ugly. My LA to Chi are actually "not very good," but compared to Clay Greens I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom