Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Jordan and Nike quality control strikes again. In early pre-release photos, particularly from IG user @hanyuzing, these UNCs looked like they had extremely tumbled side panel Sail leather, to the point of looking like elephant hide. Press photos of UNCs closer to release date looked like they had a smoother but still tumbled side panel leather.

After I won a pair from Footaction, I was wondering if my pair would have what I consider that excessive elephant looking wrinkling. I pick it up today and turns out its very wrinkled. Even the toe box has noticeable wrinkles in it that almost look like they came pre creased.

I decide to look locally for another pair in my size and found one from someone who picked up from Shoe Palace. His pair is way smoother but interestingly the wings logo leather panel looked more wrinkled/elephant than my pair which is smooth. Some people may not give a crap but there are definitely production quality differences. Here are the two pairs and detailed photos of the differences.

Side by side (Footaction on right, Shoe palace left)
347531BB-01BD-4F7D-82B0-AA4AB9D4C442.jpeg

Footaction pair size 8

9FA9B37A-D326-40BB-8646-FF3413FDC412.jpeg
E16DEA4B-0A65-4D0B-8F0D-72B7399D8310.jpeg
ACA003C4-10D3-46A3-B01F-FDA639B9D123.jpeg

Shoe palace pair size 8

6296060D-0722-494A-ABB9-8767EBE278FA.jpeg
EF06E45A-3175-4C86-A318-86644C58440D.jpeg
EADFAE83-5EE1-425B-8D01-EFD9F95160F0.jpeg

Jordan and Nike quality control strikes again. In early pre-release photos, particularly from IG user @hanyuzing, these UNCs looked like they had extremely tumbled side panel Sail leather, to the point of looking like elephant hide. Press photos of UNCs closer to release date looked like they had a smoother but still tumbled side panel leather.

After I won a pair from Footaction, I was wondering if my pair would have what I consider that excessive elephant looking wrinkling. I pick it up today and turns out its very wrinkled. Even the toe box has noticeable wrinkles in it that almost look like they came pre creased.

I decide to look locally for another pair in my size and found one from someone who picked up from Shoe Palace. His pair is way smoother but interestingly the wings logo leather panel looked more wrinkled/elephant than my pair which is smooth. Some people may not give a crap but there are definitely production quality differences. Here are the two pairs and detailed photos of the differences.

Side by side (Footaction on right, Shoe palace left)
347531BB-01BD-4F7D-82B0-AA4AB9D4C442.jpeg

Footaction pair size 8

9FA9B37A-D326-40BB-8646-FF3413FDC412.jpeg
E16DEA4B-0A65-4D0B-8F0D-72B7399D8310.jpeg
ACA003C4-10D3-46A3-B01F-FDA639B9D123.jpeg

Shoe palace pair size 8

6296060D-0722-494A-ABB9-8767EBE278FA.jpeg
EF06E45A-3175-4C86-A318-86644C58440D.jpeg
EADFAE83-5EE1-425B-8D01-EFD9F95160F0.jpeg

:stoneface:

Breds will be stressful but holiday amounts.

Chi will be stressful but all star weekend more pairs

This this right here will be survivor series.... only the strong will survive

14330272-C2CC-4B67-B769-602D7C351D75.jpeg
Eh. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m over the colored toe color blocking. Especially in the case of using Royal Blue or other colors that I have tons of. I have 2 pairs of Royals (2001 and 2017 (that was 2017 right?)), and a pair of the Game Royals. Just too redundant with what I already have. But good luck to all those that want. I know these are gonna cause a degree of chaos.

Not being D I would like to read more on it u have a link. I’m not saying I don’t believe u I actually wanna read it.

https://www.ladyfootlocker.com/help/flx-faq.html

https://help.footlocker.eu/hc/en-gb/articles/360020020134-What-is-FLX-membership-

so far it seems like it's in the early stages and has not yet combined all the footstores but someone on here did mention it is supposed to eventually. There were actually a few people who mentioned it.

wait, you bought another pair off someone just because they were less wrinkly? Did you want them to be smoother or more tumbled? My pair I got from SnipesUSA today was pretty smooth but I wouldn't be surprised to see my SNKRS pairs come tumble leather. This happened with me for the bred toes, I had some that were smooth leather and some were tumbled. Same thing again with the recent Shadows and Royals release, some really tumbled and some smooth.

wait, you bought another pair off someone just because they were less wrinkly? Did you want them to be smoother or more tumbled? My pair I got from SnipesUSA today was pretty smooth but I wouldn't be surprised to see my SNKRS pairs come tumble leather. This happened with me for the bred toes, I had some that were smooth leather and some were tumbled. Same thing again with the recent Shadows and Royals release, some really tumbled and some smooth.

Yep bought a pair for resell (gave dude stockx payout) because I wasnt happy with the really tumbled look. I may sell the footaction pair to offset or hold onto them when they inevitably rise. Prefer the smoother less wrinkle look. To me, the leather quality is still similar just the finish feels different. The wrinkle pair may feel slightly softer but thats just because theres more air behind it due to the wrinkling.

I was lucky enough to hit on FTL and FTA. Doubling up is really not my goal but considering the AJ1 trend it would be hard to pass the opportunity up. Will never break my neck to do so though. If i hit on 2 raffles then i’ll make that move.

I agree with all though. I’m 32 years old and seeing these younger cats ruin the process of copping mikes is disappointing. Especially on my fav retro. I wish the hype would have stayed with the 11s.

are the chicago’s a confirmed release for all star weekend?

Congrats to everyone that got the UNCs.

So it looks like they’re releasing another woman’s Jordan 1 collab in the near future, this time collabing with designer Melody Eshani. I have zero clue what the watches have to do with anything. Must just be watches that are a part of the collab collection, as opposed to some type of dubrae or something that comes with the kicks.
03948106-2DA6-4EE6-AF92-A7611B84516E.jpeg
EF116A14-F484-437D-AE6D-9254FBF307CD.jpeg
926FE153-362C-4EC1-BAD5-4C93F32EFB85.jpeg
23E651CC-1F63-4A5E-8468-323CF0A87548.jpeg
D1AC97A9-3DA7-4152-98A5-5FEA5C934632.jpeg
837FFD76-1FCF-418B-A787-42C66BDA66C1.jpeg
C5F58E52-F55C-4302-BA96-5F5260AA35BE.jpeg
861E3EA1-FB41-48EF-A6EA-D10978765DA7.jpeg

Looks like they're ripping off the Giuseppe watch shoes with a sprinke of 2 Chianz, ME TIME!

Trash pass

I decide to look locally for another pair in my size and found one from someone who picked up from Shoe Palace. His pair is way smoother but interestingly the wings logo leather panel looked more wrinkled/elephant than my pair which is smooth. Some people may not give a crap but there are definitely production quality differences.

The gym reds were exactly the same. The pairs we got (2xUK 7 and 2xUK10) have different levels of tumble in different places.

2 middle schoolers were in line in front of me, while one of their moms’ waited for them to purchase. The Jordan 1 is officially becoming what yeezy 350 were, 4-5 years ago-baby hypebeast magnets. Don’t know how I’m feelin about that.
Kind of makes me not want to wear 1’s so I don’t get lumped in to appearing to be one of those herbs

I got other Jordan’s I can always wear and I really look forward to releases like the V’s next year

Kind of makes me not want to wear 1’s so I don’t get lumped in to appearing to be one of those herbs

I got other Jordan’s I can always wear and I really look forward to releases like the V’s next year

I can respect some adults rocking some nikes/js more than the younger "fresh" flexing crowd and hypebeasts. In other words age makes a difference imo. Go ahead rock it.

Back
Top Bottom