Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
When pictures first surfaced, I thought the leather looked shiny...till I got them in hand..they're not shiny like those gym reds
Ok thanks for clarifying that because in the picture they look shiny, which I don’t mind at all.

My pair came in. I took a pic with the “B”Red toe...

E8885B99-1A6A-4501-B8C3-DA2C919D93D8.jpeg
90B66BFB-633A-49D2-8CBD-964C1D81B40E.jpeg
3ED38AE9-DFF7-4AD8-B8AD-3A5BDEE91F6D.jpeg

Last edited:
U sure? Check out the toebox royal on both...there is a noticeable difference...not talkin bout texture niether..just thickness and feel mainly..just different..for all we know it could be the same material used just different cut
Nightwing (Chris) from WearTesters said the toe box is synthetic on the royal toes. Definitely got my attention. Thoughts?

That toe box material on the Royal Toes looks like the exact same synthetic on the Gym Red collars. Really weird choice to go with and wonder how they will hold up.

looks like the alt laces that came with court purple 2.0

Nah those laces are more tie dye ish and have variations in coloring.
Speaking of which I think those laces will look crazy in the tie dye pair last page.

All these new retro+ colorways of the 1’s aren’t marketed for us.

JB knows what they’re doing. We’re in the minority of their consumer base. Most people don’t have Royals, Game Royals from ‘18, or Frags in their closet.

If you want an OG colorway retro is going to run you $400+ depending on colorway and size. Most people aren’t going to pay that for a shoe.

They want a cheaper alternative and here comes your Gym Reds, Pine Green and Court purple 2.0’s, Crimson tint, Royal Toe etc.

Yup, good way to explain it.

My EA pair isn't in hand yet, but the blue collar does throw it off completely.

Was i the only one who thought these would be simple swap to the 2014 OG Black/White? Only the blue outsole the issue.

Nightwing (Chris) from WearTesters said the toe box is synthetic on the royal toes. Definitely got my attention. Thoughts?
Definitely feels like that. I am curious how these will hold up as well...may wait to wear to possibly get rid of later. I hope this isnt the norm with materials used.

I feel like these "toes" colorways is JB saying we know what you actually want so we will give you something kinda like it to appease you instead of just giving you actual Black Toes or Black/Reds or Black/Royals.

Back
Top Bottom