Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think most of us been doing this so long.
from the days where stacking them boxes high as hell in the closet was the GOAL.

and we just carried it on to adult life.

there was none of this frustration.

The “NEED” for a pair back then was so pure.
the JOY was so authentic.

when NT market place WAS my stockX lol.

now we just happy to not lose. no matter the shoe.
I feel it

I been in this since I was like 15-16 years old and I’m 36 now lol. When I was in college and I had 100 pairs of jays it was cool cuz I wore jays literally every day. Now I don’t get to wear them much but I can afford them way easier lol

1602428821371.gif

I’ve intentionally kept things to ~50 pairs, plus about 10 beater pairs, mainly because my closet space is limited. Even that’s too many. I will NEVER or sparingly wear half of them. Originally all I wanted was a set of ogs, and it looks like we’re not getting there anytime soon.

lots of recent events have influenced my decision. I’m not long for this game anymore.

just thinking out loud. UNC Ow may go first.

I’ve intentionally kept things to ~50 pairs, plus about 10 beater pairs, mainly because my closet space is limited. Even that’s too many. I will NEVER or sparingly wear half of them. Originally all I wanted was a set of ogs, and it looks like we’re not getting there anytime soon.

lots of recent events have influenced my decision. I’m not long for this game anymore.

just thinking out loud. UNC Ow may go first.
Oh yeah OW can go :lol:

I sold off about 30-40 pairs 3-4 years ago, but they've long since been replaced already. I buy what I want and think about downsizing all the time, just don't need to at the moment. Especially when I don't get to wear any of these near as much as I'd like. Going bar hopping in Dallas in J's can sometimes be a hassle too; I'm too old to wanna be arguing with door guys about entry just cause of my shoes so they just get left at home

The part that frustrates me is the inability to get them at retail starting this year; and as you get older you have less time to jump through all those hoops. That's driven more of the desire to unload more than anything because I'm fortunate at the moment to not have to do it

I don’t have to do this, but I have a kid going to college next year and I want to help more to pay tuition. This and the fact I have pairs just sitting in my closet.
will never sell my frags or banneds or anything like that, but travs, no photos, patent top 3, etc are probably good to go.
if anyone here would want anything I have shoot an offer-I’m not gonna give steals but I will listen to reason.

Everyone talking about downsizing

Also everyone- I need those Mochas though!
😂. Actually passing on those. My plan is to sell/trade off kicks I barely wear or I changed feelings about, to get the AJ 1’s I missed out on (Court Purple 1.0, Pine Green 1.0, and SBB’s 😖).

I don’t have to do this, but I have a kid going to college next year and I want to help more to pay tuition. This and the fact I have pairs just sitting in my closet.
will never sell my frags or banneds or anything like that, but travs, no photos, patent top 3, etc are probably good to go.
if anyone here would want anything I have shoot an offer-I’m not gonna give steals but I will listen to reason.

what size are you again?

Curious, do you guys just take a loss and sell for cheap just to get rid of it? ie. I went ham and bought A LOT of ultraboosts and nmds last year, various colors for outfits and all. But now i rather get rid of 5-6 pairs I hardly wear to get something of quality like Ive been really really wanting a pair of Travis Scott 1s/Union 1s/Off white 5s

Personally, I've never taken a loss on a pair of retros. If I can't get my money back then I won't sell it till I can. The only pair of Jordans I ever sold for less than I paid was the PIT's (Play in These)....and I wore them a decent amount playing ball

Anything that I've bought I've really wanted and only wanted to wear so I don't see myself downsizing anytime. I'm at about 70 pairs or so, mostly 1s and some SBs. I try to really think about if I want them when new releases come up, and if I feel like they are too similar or inferior to other CWs I'll pass. Why would I want Bred Toes when I have Chis, Black Toes, and Black /Reds? If I'm grabbing a black/white/red 1 it's going to be one of those. That's kind of how my thought process works with new releases.

Curious, do you guys just take a loss and sell for cheap just to get rid of it? ie. I went ham and bought A LOT of ultraboosts and nmds last year, various colors for outfits and all. But now i rather get rid of 5-6 pairs I hardly wear to get something of quality like Ive been really really wanting a pair of Travis Scott 1s/Union 1s/Off white 5s

may have to take a L on those

I dumped some Sb a few years back at a loss, I will not do that again.
for your ub, you may just wanna go ahead and sell for retail if possible, or just gift them to some kid, or wear them - they are pretty comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom