Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I must be close to 100 pairs now. Thinking I’d be happier with a rotation of 30 and an extra 15-25K in the bank. It’s just really hard for me to let go.
I feel it. I’m at almost 200 pairs, and this shoe sht is a passion, so I could never let it go. I’ve let go of a few pairs here and there (usually pairs I just know I’d never wear again, for example, models like the Jordan 9, 12, 13, and 14 are pairs I’ve bought in the past but aren’t really my jam anymore), but for the most part I hold onto everything. Have just been more selective these days, and out for older pairs I’d love to have in the collection. Stuff has either got to differentiate itself from all my existing pairs, or again, be an older pair that I’ve always wanted and I know is most likely not going to see a re-release. I’ve been off of the “gotta have them all” mentality for a while now.

Im at around 30 - 40 pairs. I keep telling myself A person doesn’t need this many shoes but...
6FDA150E-CC6F-4B5D-AF23-2BC3FD5669AF.gif

Im at around 30 - 40 pairs. I keep telling myself A person doesn’t need this many shoes but...
6FDA150E-CC6F-4B5D-AF23-2BC3FD5669AF.gif

You talkin just 1s, just Jordans, or pairs of sneakers in total? That's goal-level for me total. Gotta trim a lot of fat to get there, but I think I'm gonna start working toward that. Time to let some stuff go.

You talkin just 1s, just Jordans, or pairs of sneakers in total? That's goal-level for me total. Gotta trim a lot of fat to get there, but I think I'm gonna start working toward that. Time to let some stuff go.
Total. Probably small potatoes to most folks here, but I feel that’s my cap. I hover in the 30’s after dumping what I don’t wear much. I feel like a glutton when Im buying newer shoes when I have yet to UNds 3 or 4.

Thats how it should be. Im at like 60 pairs+ and i feel overwhelmed. Ive been wearing my black inikis and all black goretex nmds alot and i feel like its all i need lol.

For some, it's an addiction.
For some, it's clout.
And for some, it's both.

We live in a world of excess. (Mostly Americans)

And hording is an issue that was brought upon us. It's generational since the great depression instilled those values onto those survivors.

For some, it's an addiction.
For some, it's clout.
And for some, it's both.

We live in a world of excess. (Mostly Americans)

And hording is an issue that was brought upon us. It's generational since the great depression instilled those values onto those survivors.

As crazy as it sounds I prolly fell in the addiction/ habit category. I just got used to having/ buying shoes.

Went through this downsizing you all are talking about this year... honestly was a relief. I only keep what I am absolutely in love with and I have lots of extra money to buy long term holds with.
I did the same thing with my wardrobe recently too. Felt great. Makes getting dressed a breeze. If it doesn’t compliment my body or I wouldn’t be excited to wear it, I got rid of it. And I got nicer items that I did love and would last longer due to better quality pieces

Question for the thread:

What's the point of having a gargantuan number of shoes (that deteriorate)....if you're never going to wear them ?

Is it for clout or is it an addiction ?

Good question. 4 years ago I was approaching 500 pairs. This was just my storage unit, not even counting pairs at my house.

Madness!!! 😖

5FCE0A0D-6771-4BD4-81AD-3C242B2376B5.jpeg

Then something hit me. How many of these shoes am I even gonna be able to wear in 15 years? Then 2 years ago my 2004 Air Jordan 2s separated on me while wearing them. 😩

Anyways, I started selling hella pairs after that. Some to just get rid of, some to cop pairs that I want for the long haul. I think I’m down to 150 pairs now with about 1/2 of my collection being Jordan 1s and Nike Dunks. Why? Cause 20 plus years from now, when I’m no longer copping sneakers... these classics will still be wearable.

Last edited:
Anyone mind legit checking these for me ? Apologies if this was done incorrectly

To homie back there asking about them Black Toe Unions.....

The rear of the shoe don’t curve. Stitching is crooked in some spots & that aged piping is waaaaay too thick & pronounced. They fake as ****.

Last edited:
I think most of us been doing this so long.
from the days where stacking them boxes high as hell in the closet was the GOAL.

and we just carried it on to adult life.

there was none of this frustration.

The “NEED” for a pair back then was so pure.
the JOY was so authentic.

when NT market place WAS my stockX lol.

now we just happy to not lose. no matter the shoe.

it’s time.
Hell. I still haven’t unds’s Royals I’ve had for at least 3 years now.

I think the fact that when you buy Heat, they appreciate in value, so it makes it hard to pass when we are sneaker heads. U can justify the purchase by saying “I can wear these a handful of times over the next year or two and they’ll be worth what I paid or more. Or if I don’t wear them at all they’ll be worth $100, $200 more anyway”

we wouldn’t be buying unnecessary kicks if they were worth $50 after a wear. But with how it is, we get tricked into thinking “what do I have to lose”. And to an extent it is true. But there comes a point where it’s just too much stuff. For some that point is 25 pairs, for others it’s 150 pairs lol

Hello Jordan 1 high support group.
My name is rhino.

So about 6 years ago, I unloaded a good portion of my collection. At the time, I was at the 140-150 mark. Thought to myself. . . Would I wear any/all of what I have? Will they be wearable in 5-10-15 years? What will I see myself wearing in the future and/or what do I mostly wear?

Ended up selling about 65 pairs and ended up with about 80-90 pairs left. Normal attrition (time) will slowly pull those numbers down. (Crumbling) The main factor for keeping what I did was longevity. Will they hold up and be wearable in 10-20-30 years? If not, they get sold off. Same way Shwa3 Ma3 Shwa3 Ma3 posted.

Now, I'm way more selective on what I buy. Mostly 1s, with occasional AMs as my daily drivers.

That big sell off felt great! The air smelled fresher, the skies looked bluer.

Back
Top Bottom