• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
C784897E-49E1-4AB7-87C9-327C6E3FEFFA.jpeg

Ooped him like 40 pairs over the years....but yah, when our friendship ended for what he did, I wasn't inclined to help him at all anymore. He still asked me a few months after that if I'd help him get the Bred 11s (this happened last year).

Yah he didn't get a pair at all :lol:

Ooped him like 40 pairs over the years....but yah, when our friendship ended for what he did, I wasn't inclined to help him at all anymore. He still asked me a few months after that if I'd help him get the Bred 11s (this happened last year).

Yah he didn't get a pair at all :lol:
Wow, sounds like he ain't even oop'd you back. I have a real big thing about ooping "friends" but it just ends up being one sided.

story time (if you don't mind)?

Might be a little long.....

Met the guy around college cause he was dating a girl I've known since elementary school. He wasn't entirely taking his life seriously I guess...but he told me he looked up to me and wanted get his life together like me (which she wanted too...he's only a month younger than me).

They broke up but we still remained friends and I'd oop him pairs...which didn't really bother me cause for the most part it was easy for me to get them and I was already getting myself a pair anyway (he was a 10.5 and I'm an 11...he'd usually end up taking an extra 11 I got). Gave him those random 40 pairs over years but the ones I miss the most are all 1s....Jeter OGs, Black Toes, Game Royals, Shadows...all at cost. Never needed or got an oop back; he couldn't get them on his own (not to mention it'd take months for him to pay me for some of these, but he always did).

My brother and I own our townhome together; one weekend he told his ex-gf (who he was still friendly with) that she and her friends could stay at our place while they were in town for the weekend. I was in the midst of recovering from my 5th back surgery (a multi-level spinal fusion), and that weekend was actually the first one since the surgery that I could remove my brace. I was exhausted even supporting my own weight for the first time in 3 months trying to walk around rebuilding core strength during rehab. My brother (who took care of me for most of it) and I stayed at our parents that first night cause I didn't wanna go out and wanted to spend time with my dog. Apparently this friend was talking to the ex-gf but didn't know at the time she was my brother's ex (she didn't know we were friends either). He found out exactly when they all went back to my place for post-game....a place he's been to several times. He knew at that point...but still went inside and made moves on her....on my couch without me there. Nah......bros before ****. At the very least he could have talked to my brother about what was going on before anything happened...but to even try something in my house like that after all my generosity?? I didn't need or ask for anything in return for helping him, but I still expected loyalty, and that will always extend to anything related to my brother. I gave him enough chances before I finally just said it was enabling him versus actually providing him guidance while he tried to get his life and career together (which I think he is better now but we don't talk).

It's funny cause the weekend the Homages released, I was either in Paris or Austin for fun (was traveling a lot at the time)....I won two pairs on the foot apps and changed the name on my account to him and told him to go get them; one of the pairs was his to keep. He tells me the next day he got drunk the night before and missed the pickup deadline. I got a pair on a FTL restock (and a pre-order) so I still had two anyway. He apologized profusely but asked me what I was gonna do with the second pair.....he didn't outright ask but it seemed obvious he was still angling for it. It's my brother's pair now. I don't think it was that he was drunk versus that he simply didn't have the money for them, but man....the one time I tell you to do something and you mess up. I'd have left you some cash like a kid needing lunch money if you needed it

Back
Top Bottom