• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
AFE7162C-3993-4FB0-9E17-45FA2D923D7D.png

Another fit from the same guy. I’m sure his wife was just happy he didn’t show up like this.
I literally posted this a page before lol

theres a time and a place for everything...

no one would wear dress shoes while playing basketball

if youre going to be on national television during a historic event you can probably do better than sneakers...you wouldnt even be allowed to a party in vegas with those shoes

I need to say, before anything, that I have to put on suits and ties most of the week.

Whenever I can throw kicks in it for comfort/style/self-love/whatever you better bet I'll put on some.

Man shut up it's 2021 foh with your outdated social constructs. We got dudes becoming women and vice versa with a surgery that takes less than a couple of hours, we got drs and lawyers tatted up like they're in a gang, we got openly gay characters on cartoon shows aimed towards kids etc. My point is that this isn't 1960. You in here crying about some damn shoes and btw from the pics I've seen he was far from the only person wearing 1s earlier today.
sexuality/tattoos/gender/cartoons are a different topic...but being able to be professional or dress appropriately is important as you will constantly be judged regardless of what anyone else is wearing...

and the inauguration isnt really like attending a highschool graduation ceremony...if people think going to an interview with sneakers will have no impact on them getting a job or a promotion they are mistaken...as the world/times/cultures change people still judge...enjoy wearing pajamas to the grocery store...lol

sexuality/tattoos/gender/cartoons are a different topic...but being able to be professional or dress appropriately is important as you will constantly be judged regardless of what anyone else is wearing...

and the inauguration isnt really like attending a highschool graduation ceremony...if people think going to an interview with sneakers will have no impact on them getting a job or a promotion they are mistaken...as the world/times/cultures change people still judge...enjoy wearing pajamas to the grocery store...lol
Fam you are judged everyday and regardless of what you wear please get out of here with that straw man excuse. Tattoos were once deemed u professional now even professions from doctors to accountants. Its a different world fam, saying "someone's gonna judge you" has to be one of the most shallow excuses I've ever heard. Y'all dudes sound like them old school republicans that's stuck in 70s with this rhetoric y'all spewing.

Btw, I'm an independent and that wasn't a jab at republicans. Just speaking off my experiences with some old heads I work with. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Never forget the great Chicago sell-off of 2018 or whenever it was that everybody was convinced the "varsity red/black/white" pair was Chicagos because some blogger said it was without confirmation. :lol:

Yeah, it was December 2019 and turned out to be bloodlines instead of either Chicago's or breds, I forget which. I think that's what your talking about. People were sooo pissed.

Has anyone ever bought a DS 4 year old pair of 1s or older that did NOT have the typical Jordan 1 smell upon arrival, and instead smelled like nothing at all?

theres a time and a place for everything...

no one would wear dress shoes while playing basketball

if youre going to be on national television during a historic event you can probably do better than sneakers...you wouldnt even be allowed to a party in vegas with those shoes
unless you're drake

Wear what you want.
My thoughts exactly. For my wedding, I wore a pair of 1s, and all my groomsmen wore Dunk SB Lows. It always cracks me up when people talk about what is or isn’t right, or correct or looks good, when it comes to fashion/dress, as if the sht isn’t subjective, guided/based by certain people/groups, and by the culture/society in which one lives. Now I understand you gotta conform to certain standards sometimes (work dress codes, expected cultural standards in certain industries/fields/communities in order to be accepted or allowed to enter, etc.), but there’s no “right” fashion. I personally think you can definitely wear sneakers with formal stuff, and it can look great, with a big part of that pairing being the cut/fit of the pants with the kicks. But ultimately, wear whatever the hell you all want to wear. If you like it and feel good in it, and don’t care how you may or may not be viewed by some, that’s all that matters. Unless I HAVE to wear dress shoes (which even then I personally would contend is antiquated but I’d still do as to keep my position), I’m not wearing dress shoes.

I need to say, before anything, that I have to put on suits and ties most of the week.

Whenever I can throw kicks in it for comfort/style/self-love/whatever you better bet I'll put on some.

This

I used to work at a company with business casual, which included no sneakers. Toward the end in my last month there I yolo'ed and just wore all-black Air Maxes every day to work instead of dealing with the pain of wearing formal shoes.

Then I switched over to a company with no dress code and my addiction to buying sneakers was promptly rekindled :lol:

Man shut up it's 2021 foh with your outdated social constructs. We got dudes becoming women and vice versa with a surgery that takes less than a couple of hours, we got drs and lawyers tatted up like they're in a gang, we got openly gay characters on cartoon shows aimed towards kids etc. My point is that this isn't 1960. You in here crying about some damn shoes and btw from the pics I've seen he was far from the only person wearing 1s earlier today.

I burned one earlier before bed so forgive the length 😆

I am one of those tatted up lawyers, who also wears kicks to the office every single opportunity I could (which was basically daily). I’d come into the office wearing various J’s and Nikes with some jeans and matching Lacoste polos. These days though obviously no offices anymore.

I know for a fact it annoyed the more conservative and older colleagues of mine. But eff all of them, I didn’t come from the same upbringing as them. But I also had plenty of coworkers who would comment on my kicks and love the fact I wore so many different pairs to work.

Sneakers for me are literally cultural identity. I am a product of the sneaker head life, since 1989 when I got my first pair of 4s (cement greys!) as a pre-teen kid. I am a part of the generation that made the culture of being a sneaker head, and I love that being a part of my life ❤️

One of my favorite things to actually say is: how many tatted up Jordan wearing lawyers do you know? 😂

So wear your kicks where you want and how you want. But of course be prepared to be clowned on if your fit ain’t right. He did it right with the Diors.

btw his outfit posted earlier is terrible 😆 uff that matching short set, burn it!

I burned one earlier before bed so forgive the length 😆

I am one of those tatted up lawyers, who also wears kicks to the office every single opportunity I could (which was basically daily). I’d come into the office wearing various J’s and Nikes with some jeans and matching Lacoste polos. These days though obviously no offices anymore.

I know for a fact it annoyed the more conservative and older colleagues of mine. But eff all of them, I didn’t come from the same upbringing as them. But I also had plenty of coworkers who would comment on my kicks and love the fact I wore so many different pairs to work.

Sneakers for me are literally cultural identity. I am a product of the sneaker head life, since 1989 when I got my first pair of 4s (cement greys!) as a pre-teen kid. I am a part of the generation that made the culture of being a sneaker head, and I love that being a part of my life ❤

One of my favorite things to actually say is: how many tatted up Jordan wearing lawyers do you know? 😂

So wear your kicks where you want and how you want. But of course be prepared to be clowned on if your fit ain’t right. He did it right with the Diors.

btw his outfit posted earlier is terrible 😆 uff that matching short set, burn it!

Hell yeah. I love wearing my kicks to work. I do it any chance I get. Unfortunately it took COVID-19 to happen for me to be able to do that daily. No dress code for the time being since most of my colleagues are working from home now.

Hello kind ppl of niketalk lol. Can you guys please help me legit check my mochas in the other forum? I’d appreciate any assistance. Thanks😎

Depends on your line of work too.

I work in Healthcare so I basically wear pajamas every day to work (scrubs). And I get to wear my sneakers every day too.

And when you work in Healthcare no one looks at you funny when you arrive for an interview in scrubs.

The problem with this forum is that most people here tend to dress from the bottom up... the shoes are not always the showpiece of an outfit. I for one think sneakers with a suit is a pretty tacky look, but outfit was well put together at least.

Wearing nice dress shoes is a more grown kinda flex. They make shoes nicer than Diors, believe it or not... but this is America, wear what you want.

The problem with this forum is that most people here tend to dress from the bottom up... the shoes are not always the showpiece of an outfit. I for one think sneakers with a suit is a pretty tacky look, but outfit was well put together at least.

Wearing nice dress shoes is a more grown kinda flex. They make shoes nicer than Diors, believe it or not... but this is America, wear what you want.
"Grown flex" everything that's being said in this thread is going over your head. The world doesn't revolve around you and your beliefs fam. What's "grown" to you can be outdated and played out to someone else. I wouldn't wear a suit with Jordans but that doesn't make it tacky. We're in the era of fashion diversity. Step outside and you got guys who dress like it's the 90s, you got guys dressed like they're from the future, and you got guys who dress like european socialites. All of those are fine because everyone has their own style. Get with the times man, your shoes don't determine if you're "grown" or not. No one thinks like that except old folks and people on NT apparently.

Yeah, it was December 2019 and turned out to be bloodlines instead of either Chicago's or breds, I forget which. I think that's what your talking about. People were sooo pissed.

Yep, it was the Bloodlines. And damn near the same thing happened when the color code for the 85 Reverse Breds leaked with everyone thinking it was going to be a remastered Banned pair.

"Grown flex" everything that's being said in this thread is going over your head. The world doesn't revolve around you and your beliefs fam. What's "grown" to you can be outdated and played out to someone else. I wouldn't wear a suit with Jordans but that doesn't make it tacky. We're in the era of fashion diversity. Step outside and you got guys who dress like it's the 90s, you got guys dressed like they're from the future, and you got guys who dress like european socialites. All of those are fine because everyone has their own style. Get with the times man, your shoes don't determine if you're "grown" or not. No one thinks like that except old folks and people on NT apparently.

Ok buddy. Like someone here already said .. wear those J Balvins to a job interview and see if you get a call back.

Why you goin so hard like it was you on stage in the Diors? :lol:

Shoes I'd rather wear to a presidential inauguration over Nikes...

The gators might be a bit much... but point being, there are much nicer shoes than a pair of Air Diors. Better materials, better craftsmanship... and you know, they're not athletic shoes.

Back
Top Bottom