Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Been about that retail or ‘on to the next’ for a minute. It’s nice to not stress about sneakers, even though I’m posting on a site dedicated to sneakers

Same. Retail only. I'm jaded from trying to cop kicks. I don't do any raffles anymore, just SNKRS. I've been debating getting rid of all my kicks in bulk like homie in here did recently.

Same. Retail only. I'm jaded from trying to cop kicks. I don't do any raffles anymore, just SNKRS. I've been debating getting rid of all my kicks in bulk like homie in here did recently.

It was liberating really. It was harder to say goodbye to some of those sneakers (there was some rare ****), but there's so much more out there you can devote your time to. Shoes aren't deep enough for this.

Also if anyone wants to see a list of what was sold....lemme know and I'll post. It was an extensively large set of OG 1s obviously.

Why if you don't mind me asking

I've been buying sneakers for so long, and I still love sneakers but I certainly don't have the same love for this hobby anymore. Way too much f***kery going on within this hobby now, very corny and cringe. I like the mindset I'm in now though, indifference, I don't care if I miss on a release and I definitely don't pay resale. Couple all that with the fact that I barely wear my sneakers, I usually just go for what's easily available, which are my shadows. I just don't feel like looking through boxes, I wish I had the stickers some people have on their boxes with the picture of the sneakers, reading the little description trying to figure it out gets annoying. And that's a lot of boxes to pull lol.

Oh and I can also use that money to buy more gold chains. Which I like more than sneakers now.

Once you guys see the light and go retail or bust and stick to it you'll be fine. You don't usually get to have everything you want in life, and we all know greed is a cardinal sin, so if you miss a drop then just keep it moving on to the next retail drop. Eventually things will go back to normal and J1s won't be the "in" shoe and we'll be able to be choosy in what we really want and even buy stuff we were on the fence about on discount. I know it sounds impossible, but I've seen the promised land. It exists, in days future past.

charles-xavier-403427-normal.jpg

That's exactly how I've been approaching it for a long time now.

I only go the retail route, especially since I usually have gift cards to cover an entire purchase. It wouldn't make sense for me to come out of pocket with the resale route, especially with jacked up prices. That would be a%$ backwards for me.

If I miss out, I just live with it and move to the next interest I have. I can somewhat be content with that based on the fact that I have a lot of things myself. It's not like I can wear all my stuff all the time.

When I start seeing a lot of glitter on my pairs that means I’m not wearing them enough
And to be honest I can’t remember the last pair that I un’ds

I've been buying sneakers for so long, and I still love sneakers but I certainly don't have the same love for this hobby anymore. Way too much f***kery going on within this hobby now, very corny and cringe. I like the mindset I'm in now though, indifference, I don't care if I miss on a release and I definitely don't pay resale. Couple all that with the fact that I barely wear my sneakers, I usually just go for what's easily available, which are my shadows. I just don't feel like looking through boxes, I wish I had the stickers some people have on their boxes with the picture of the sneakers, reading the little description trying to figure it out gets annoying. And that's a lot of boxes to pull lol.

Oh and I can also use that money to buy more gold chains. Which I like more than sneakers now.
I absolutely feel u bro

Once you guys see the light and go retail or bust and stick to it you'll be fine. You don't usually get to have everything you want in life, and we all know greed is a cardinal sin, so if you miss a drop then just keep it moving on to the next retail drop. Eventually things will go back to normal and J1s won't be the "in" shoe and we'll be able to be choosy in what we really want and even buy stuff we were on the fence about on discount. I know it sounds impossible, but I've seen the promised land. It exists, in days future past.

charles-xavier-403427-normal.jpg
I hear you

a lot of us on here seem to be approaching that mindset nowadays. I think it was one thing to pay resale when we struck out on something dope when retail wins were mixed in. Maybe a lil easier to justify. Especially if it wasn’t too crazy. Uni blues going for 400-500?? What the hell lol

I have paid resale for several J’s and when I look back I never regretted any, cuz they all went up $100, $200 or more. For me I wear mine but just sayin it takes the burn away when you paid $250 and they go for $500 now

Shxt is different now though.

It was liberating really. It was harder to say goodbye to some of those sneakers (there was some rare ****), but there's so much more out there you can devote your time to. Shoes aren't deep enough for this.

Also if anyone wants to see a list of what was sold....lemme know and I'll post. It was an extensively large set of OG 1s obviously.

Yeah do it! Interested to see what you kept too!

PO

Back
Top Bottom