• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Mochas are getting close to $650 now??! :sick:

This was a little over a year ago:

6EE2594D-6AF0-4697-A3FE-01048E64FC2F.jpeg
$660 on GOAT in a size 11, $698 on StockX.

Local seller prices are much better so I'd go that route, but haven't seen them under $500 since like April, which is when I bought the University Blues.

$660 on GOAT in a size 11, $698 on StockX.

Local seller prices are much better so I'd go that route, but haven't seen them under $500 since like April, which is when I bought the University Blues.

Sold my pair like a week ago. Prices were too good not to.

^ This time last year Dark Mocha 1's been out / release for only about 5 weeks :lol:

Price going up there is to be expected + CW was hyped from the start
Nah b did you hear that water is WET?

Damn near 2022 and folks still can't believe when the prices on 1s go up :lol: anything over retail wasn't worth it on mochas anyway. If I didn't get mine in a trade I'd be better off without them than paying anything over $200

$700 for these is insane. Definitely hype pushing those kind of prices.

If Uni Blues/Hyper Royals reach those kind of prices, I'll be a bit disappointed.

$700 for these is insane. Definitely hype pushing those kind of prices.

If Uni Blues/Hyper Royals reach those kind of prices, I'll be a bit disappointed.

If everything continues they will be by this time next year.

This is all dependent on the current trends staying the same.

UNC and Hyper Royals will reach the Mocha prices sooner or later, especially if JB keeps putting out trash 1 colorways. People gonna double back and go for the last few decent colorways. Look at what happened to the Turbo Greens and Crimson Tint (both bad quality and barely above retail for a period of time). Shame because mocha leather was pretty plasticky themself.

people saying Volt is gonna be a sleeper, but IMO I think Smoke Grey was a bigger sleeper.

I've already seen $600 on Hyper Royals and that was GS sizes. The release rollout basically allowed that to happen.

Last edited:
^ This time last year Dark Mocha 1's been out / release for only about 5 weeks :lol:

Price going up there is to be expected + CW was hyped from the start

Nah b did you hear that water is WET?

Damn near 2022 and folks still can't believe when the prices on 1s go up :lol: anything over retail wasn't worth it on mochas anyway. If I didn't get mine in a trade I'd be better off without them than paying anything over $200

Except 2017 Royal 1s are still going for less than Mochas, which is insane.

Except 2017 Royal 1s are still going for less than Mochas, which is insane.

Not really. The price hikes aren't coming from us who favor the OG colorways. Social media fit pages, influencers, tik tokers whatever you want to call them. Loves the mochas, university blues, turbo greens, obsidians etc.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a fit picture or video with one of those shoes and some combination of wide pants, generic vintage tee, and fitted I could retire.

GS prices has gotten out of hand, half the time I see the GS command higher prices than Adult and the GS retail is lower lol. Like Mocha GS is equivalent of Mocha adult.
Wow I didn’t know this… what’s up with that, I’m guessing it’s small feet females versus actual kids (parents) dropping that dime

Not really. The price hikes aren't coming from us who favor the OG colorways. Social media fit pages, influencers, tik tokers whatever you want to call them. Loves the mochas, university blues, turbo greens, obsidians etc.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a fit picture or video with one of those shoes and some combination of wide pants, generic vintage tee, and fitted I could retire.

This is both equal parts sad and hilarious lol

Wow I didn’t know this… what’s up with that, I’m guessing it’s small feet females versus actual kids (parents) dropping that dime
I think that’s the case. And smaller quantities than adult sizes I’d guess so they dry up quicker.

it's been like that for a while now. I don't know when it started but if I had to guess, probably around the time yeezys were booming and people bought up the "bae" sizes as only adult versions released. That wasn't really with the case with Nike since they had gradeschool versions and adult versions. I see the spike with dunks and 1's specifically. I remember my friends selling the GS pairs of sbb 3.0 for more than the adult sizes so they can fund their own sizes. Lower stock definitely plays a part and more and more women and young kids starting sneaker collecting than ever before

Idk why y'all look at resale prices like it's a hobby anyway

well some of us look at resale prices because we're contemplating on buying lol. Most of the time, I look at prices for my wife's size if I already got my pair.

Back
Top Bottom