Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Infrared 6s are my Goat Jordan..

xeapcEO.gif

The Chicago 1 is my favorite Jordan ever, which is why I’ll definitely be adding this latest rendition to my other two Chicagos. It might have more resell value, and people in the sneaker space like us might view the Chicago 1s with more esteem, but I personally think that the Blk/Red 1 is the most popular Jordan 1 in terms of just general recognition. I feel like if 100K people were randomly polled about IF THEY KNOW WHAT A JORDAN 1 IS, AND IF SO, HOW DO THEY PICTURE THEM IN THEIR HEAD, I believe a larger percentage would same something along the lines of black and red or red and black. Between the marketing, Nike/Jordan leaning into black and red shoes, and other factors, I just feel like Blk/Red 1s are more iconic to the general public, than the Chi.

I don't think so to be honest. From all the pics I've seen of Jordan in 1's he mostly wore the Chicago's in game. The b/reds were worn for the Dunk Contest and the commercial and the B/red Ships were worn for a lil bit but his main's were for sure the Chicago and Black Toe.

I don't think so to be honest. From all the pics I've seen of Jordan in 1's he mostly wore the Chicago's in game. The b/reds were worn for the Dunk Contest and the commercial and the B/red Ships were worn for a lil bit but his main's were for sure the Chicago and Black Toe.
I agree that he wore the Chicagos way more than he ever wore the Blk/Reds to my recollection, I just feel like the Blk/Reds are more widely in the general public consciousness nowadays. They’ve been dropping them in different iterations all the time for a reason IMO. Nike/JB and their marketing wizardry just really elevated the Blk/Reds IMO. Especially as we get further and further from when MJ actually played in them, the Blk/Reds seem to me to be the pair that’s marketed and pushed as the signature Jordan 1.

I follow sneaker pages, resell value for Chicago's have surpassed b/reds, most people that talk 1s around me(I work at a sneaker store and wear heat all the time) say that if they could have one pair of Jordan 1s it'd be the Chicago's, reddit, etc. Chicago's are the meme Jordan 1 shoe now lol its just a fact, its partially due to them getting a lot of shine with The Last Dance doc and the shoes are just extremely photogenic.
I don't think the resell value can be considered unless both shoes released in the same numbers, those Chi's in 15 we're a ***** to get, for me at least, whereas the B/reds had me feeling like Zadeh :lol: might be time for a new poll though since apparently the old poll is no longer considered valid by you and others.

Not surprising at all. They’re the best fakes I’ve ever seen next to an authentic pair. If it wasn’t for the laces, the tongue; and the stitching on the footbed most platforms would have to stop accepting them.
Interesting because that post about reps/Stockx is saying Mochas is the most attempted fake shoe … so that means they’re catching them more than any shoe, like they aren’t getting passed.

Mike barely wore black/red 11's, Infrared 6's, and Black/cement 3's, so I can't say that those are THE Jordan when the man himself barely wore em.
Are we sure about the 6's? The 90's were forever ago, but seem to remember Mike in Infrared 6's a lot. If not, what 6 did he wear much?

Are we sure about the 6's? The 90's were forever ago, but seem to remember Mike in Infrared 6's a lot. If not, what 6 did he wear much?
How much he wore them is irrelevant, that fact that he wore them at all is all that matters. There's a reason bred colorways are always a go. Ask most people what their favorite favorite colorways of the original 14 retros are and most will name a bred colorway several times in their list. Black and red just goes..

Interesting because that post about reps/Stockx is saying Mochas is the most attempted fake shoe … so that means they’re catching them more than any shoe, like they aren’t getting passed.
Exactly, I’m not surprised that folks who don’t have any real experience in legit checking would think they could fool stock. Most people who do and don’t buy reps still believe “1:1” reps are a real thing. So thinking they can get one over on StockX isn’t surprising. The things I listed are major things that legit checkers look at though plus a laundry list over other things

This is my opinion but when reps do make it through it’s because 9/10 times things fall through the cracks cause of the volume of shoes and poor training, not because most reps are so good it’s impossible to tell.

Exactly, I’m not surprised that folks who don’t have any real experience in legit checking would think they could fool stock. Most people who do and don’t buy reps still believe “1:1” reps are a real thing. So thinking they can get one over on StockX isn’t surprising. The things I listed are major things that legit checkers look at though plus a laundry list over other things

This is my opinion but when reps do make it through it’s because 9/10 times things fall through the cracks cause of the volume of shoes and poor training, not because most reps are so good it’s impossible to tell.
Ah I see. So the reputation StockX is getting as trash Authenticators is unwarranted in your opinion. Good to know. Part of me really dislikes the whole idea of StockX and the impact it’s made, but the other part of me wants their legit checking to be on point lol. Both as a customer but also bc if they can’t legit check then the game is F’ed

Ah I see. So the reputation StockX is getting as trash Authenticators is unwarranted in your opinion. Good to know. Part of me really dislikes the whole idea of StockX and the impact it’s made, but the other part of me wants their legit checking to be on point lol. Both as a customer but also bc if they can’t legit check then the game is F’ed
I think StockX suffers from doing too much. The volume of stuff they’re going through is ridiculous. I’ve heard stories of the legit checkers being worse but it’s not like they’re legit checking through pics on an eBay listing like the average sneaker buyer. They’re doing it live and in person with plenty of authentic and fake samples to reference. It’s infinitely easier to legit check in hand that way. It’s why I’m honestly not surprising when that the viral eBay legit checker flips around a shoe and in 60 seconds she’s slapping a tag on it. In most cases all she probably needed to do is feel the tongue, look at the tag, and give it a smell for good measure, the rest of the slips and checks were for show :lol:

Back
Top Bottom