Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm gettin to the point where I'm tired. This shoe has become so cliché and commercial and mainstream that this shoe is almost a turn off to me. It's all I see ppl wearing, even to the point where I see grown men rocking mids. And not just rocking them humbly, no rocking them like they DOING it! 🤢 This becoming a "fad" on top of me having more high OGs than I can beat in a lifetime has me now leaning towards more 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Where I'm from, you never see 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Everyone just tries to wear what's "in" or trendy and I hate that. Have your own style and stop being told what to wear and what us cool. I ****in hate that ****!
We from the same place and I definitely agree with you on they only wear what's trendy I like to be different plus I have people asking if I was from New York I'm like no I just like to change things up and move different

Everything becomes cliché at some point. I think that’s why I personally like to limit myself to the rule of 2. Only 2 colorway of a said shoe so I don’t over fill my closet with one style.

It’s not a hard rule if I really like something (like if the grey bel air 5s were to drop, I would cop even though I have black metallics and grapes), but it definitely saved me in my younger years of having that problem of looking like everyone else copping every pair of Foam 1s that dropped. (Grew up in the dMv)

I found myself getting annoyed by the black and white dunk phase that we’re witnessing currently, but then I remembered that there’s a difference between a sneaker head/connoisseur/fan/whatever most of us on NT are and the hypebeasts. Let the beasts beast and continue to do you charmcitykid charmcitykid . When people want to stunt or feel really good about their Fire Red Fusions or their “Bred” Mids, let them. We’re not elitists or better than them. Just smile and let them have their moment.

I'm gettin to the point where I'm tired. This shoe has become so cliché and commercial and mainstream that this shoe is almost a turn off to me. It's all I see ppl wearing, even to the point where I see grown men rocking mids. And not just rocking them humbly, no rocking them like they DOING it! 🤢 This becoming a "fad" on top of me having more high OGs than I can beat in a lifetime has me now leaning towards more 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Where I'm from, you never see 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Everyone just tries to wear what's "in" or trendy and I hate that. Have your own style and stop being told what to wear and what us cool. I ****in hate that ****!
I feel it. I do get irked at how things I love become fads, in the sense that people have no clue or knowledge about things sometimes, yet talk like they know. But for me, my feelings towards the kicks that I love (Dunk SBs, 1s, 4s, & 6s being my favorite models) never change for me personally, and I don’t view them any differently, whether they become trendy, fads, cliché, commercial, or whatever else to everyone else. Whether everyone or no one rocks the pairs I’m into, I’ve never felt the need to wear pairs that “stand out” or are different from what the masses are wearing. But I personally think a large piece of that is due to me being in a wheelchair. I can’t help but stand out in any scenario or crowd I’ve ever been a part of in my life, so even if everyone was wearing the same pair, I’m gonna stand out like a sore thumb as “the guy in the wheelchair with the fresh kicks,” and I’ve embraced that most of my life. I do love shoes, so I have a ton of them, and not walking in them enables me to have a super larger collection of basically DS pairs regardless of how old or how many times I’ve worn them, so I ultimately do end up wearing pairs that are different or older, but I don’t do it purposefully to be different per se.

let they hype die and pick up the stuff you want that you couldnt/wouldnt at the peak.
personally i think nike knows 1s need a break. which is why the colorways they drop are Not home runs or in OG form. its also why they’re over indexing on 2s, 4s, and dunks.

You don’t have to be a victim to Nikes marketing though. Atleast not all the time

Last edited:
20220715_120946.jpg
20220715_121847.jpg
20220715_120905.jpg

Seems like Dunks lows (especially Pandas) are definitely "the common" shoe RN. Must have seen atleast 30-35 pairs out in Vegas over the weekend. I know sneakercon was out there too.

Didn't get to go but not a lot of 1s on feet for what it's worth.

just gotta continue wearing what you enjoy, fam.

i work with high schoolers and the amount of fake balenciagas, AJ1s and nike dunk white/blacks is absurd.. the hypebeast culture is strong even though none of them were old enough to see jordan hoop. then i just gotta remind myself that there’s no utility in paying it any mind, youth and adults alike sometimes just want to be noticed.

It’s Baltimore. I wouldn’t expect any different.

I personally wear what I like and don’t care if everyone else has it at this point. When I originally got into sneakers in 2005, there wasn’t a billion drops per week and you saw the same people lining up to get certain shoes when they did drop. But things are obviously different now and everyone being a sneaker person hasn’t changed my outlook.

We from the same place and I definitely agree with you on they only wear what's trendy I like to be different plus I have people asking if I was from New York I'm like no I just like to change things up and move different
Bro ppl always think I'm from NY like WTF!? I don't get it. But it's bc Baltimore has such a bad stigma and I don't dress like the dudes in my city. I'm actually fresh and I don't wear NBs so I'm from NY? **** is so annoying! 🤦🏾‍♂️

If you wearing the same shoes as everyone else wtf makes you so special :rofl: those mfs going home and talkin the same **** about you, get over it
I'm not special, but I been wearing jordan 1s since '85. I wear it bc of nostalgia. I actually saw MJ play, not only on TV, but in person against the Washington bullets! I wear them bc I actually like them, not bc it's the in thing or bc the influences said it's cool. I think what I said went over your head, but truenike81 truenike81 picked up on it as he's from here also. I was mostly just speaking about where I'm from in that there's no originality and we have no identity. That's why he said ppl think he's from NY and the same happens to me. It's bc my city follows whatever the hot trends are and since jordan 1s are currently it, it's all I see. I don't like coming thru in what literally everyone else has, which is why I said I'm switching the game up. I don't see anyone rocking jordan 1 low OGs or SB dunk lows and I love those as well that will be my main wave moving forward. Hopefully you comprehend this time.

If you wearing the same shoes as everyone else wtf makes you so special :rofl: those mfs going home and talkin the same **** about you, get over it
Also, no one around me is wearing '15 UNCs, '14 black/whites, '17 all stars, storm blues, top 3s, euro gym reds, etc. Damn near DS at that! They not rocking what I'm rocking. I been doing this and it's levels so let's just get that out the way smart guy. I'm just speaking on jordan 1s in general are getting played out bc EVERYONE wearing them particularly all of a sudden in my city, smart guy.

Man 1s are just dope and versatile as hell. That’s why they’ve become my go to. It would have been like that but where I’m from stores used to back door like crazy when it came to 1s so I was never plugged in enough. Now the apps just trash lol. I guess the more stuff change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Also you could have on the same shoe as somebody and be killin with the rest of the fit. It’s more than one way to separate yourself from the rest. Clothes it’s easier to show your individuality than shoes because imo it’s only so many pairs of shoes that actually look good.

Bro ppl always think I'm from NY like WTF!? I don't get it. But it's bc Baltimore has such a bad stigma and I don't dress like the dudes in my city. I'm actually fresh and I don't wear NBs so I'm from NY? **** is so annoying! 🤦🏾‍♂️
I can't even remember the last time I had a pair of NB plus I always try to be different when it comes to my fits. It's only a few that can dress in this city everyone else looks the same

One thing I can agree with truenike81 truenike81 and charmcitykid charmcitykid EVERYONE dresses the same. You'll see a whole crew of dudes and they all laced up in the same fit essentially. Back in the day it was the Black Northface, blue jeans, and grey 992s. I've lived in Houston for the last 8 years, so I don't see enough of Maryland anymore to see what you guys see. I think I see where you guys are coming from a little better now. It's definitely not about "hating" or even "caring" for what people are wearing and more so an annoyance with the lack of originality you see out here.

There's always more sheep than wolves.

Funny thing about the NB is that they are currently the brand that’s hyped right now. That’s what the hypebeasts are wearing now instead of 1s and dunks. Give it a couple of months before the main population starts wearing them. Especially the 550s

I'm gettin to the point where I'm tired. This shoe has become so cliché and commercial and mainstream that it's almost a turn off to me. It's all I see ppl wearing, even to the point where I see grown men rocking mids. And not just rocking them humbly. No, they rocking them like they DOING it! 🤢 This becoming a "fad" on top of me having more high OGs than I can beat in a lifetime has me now leaning towards more 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Where I'm from, you never see 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Everyone just tries to wear what's "in" or trendy and I hate that. Have your own style and stop being told what to wear and what is cool. I ****in hate that ****!
I must not be outside like that anymore cuz all I ever see are mids. Dudes def rock mids like they are special tho. Only OG 1 I’ve been seeing is the Heritage ones and that’s because they sat at mall stores. I don’t even see the young StockX dudes rocking OG 1s. They strictly dunks and whatever Trav collab is out. But you know how it is in the city, you either DTLR fresh or wearing designer (real or fake). We’ve always been the minority. Just throw that **** on bro.

just gotta continue wearing what you enjoy, fam.

i work with high schoolers and the amount of fake balenciagas, AJ1s and nike dunk white/blacks is absurd.. the hypebeast culture is strong even though none of them were old enough to see jordan hoop. then i just gotta remind myself that there’s no utility in paying it any mind, youth and adults alike sometimes just want to be noticed.

Might as well get used to the black/white Dunk lows. I'm being told Nike is giving them the white AF1 treatment going forward. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom