Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I’m considering selling a pair of DS Uni Blues on eBay but noticed this (glue) stain below when I pulled them out of the box. You all think this would qualify as a “defect” or do you think it would be ok to list as New as long as I call it out in the listing?

Attachments

• 283998A7-A6D1-497B-BE18-6DF68FA57C31.jpeg
    283998A7-A6D1-497B-BE18-6DF68FA57C31.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,049
In my city, all I see is Dunk lows (especially the Black and White Colorway), an influx of Heritage hi 1's this summer because alot of us didn't like those, so they sat for the low low. Jordan 1 mids are being worn alot more in my city too, and cats be thinking that they're doing big with mids lol. I always get a stone cold face whenever I get close enough to see the jumpman on the tongue and not Nike Air.

Air Max 1's, Air Max 95's, and Air Max 97's is a staple in my city and will never go anywhere for some reason. When it comes to Air Max's in my city, and when it comes to NB's in cities like Baltimore or DC, and Timbalands in NY, i actually like seeing alot of people from the same city wear the same thing, because it some what keeps the regional dress code alive.

And that's hard to do nowadays when everybody is on social media copycatting each other dress codes while wearing what everybody else is wearing just because someone on social media said this is the popular shoe to wear this year, and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon just because, but not because they actually like it.

With that being said, OG 1 highs are only bought here for resell value, people in my city have always slept on Jordan 1's, so i never get burnt out on wearing Jordan 1 highs because it's not a popular shoe in my city. I always get the (you like Jordan 1 highs) question all of the time. People look hard whenever I wear Bred, Royal, or Trav 1 lows.

And even then i get confused looks or questions because 1's aren't the go too where im at. I wear nothing but 1 highs, i even like the new Colorways that get bashed online. I personally think that the new Colorways aren't trash, i think alot of people just don't have any style when it comes to the way they dress.

1 highs look better on tall slim frame people in my opinion, and that's no shot to anyone who isn't tall or slim. Cats be throwing on anything with 1's lol, and you can't do that with alot of the new Colorways, so of course it's going to look crazy whenever you throw on a 1 high with jorts and ankle socks.

Nobody can really pull that off with 1 highs lol. I recently wore Brotherhood's and Bordeaux 1's with some good fits with certain denim jeans while going out, and I got alot compliments on them. Brotherhood's got the most because I was sorta matchy matchy with them and the shirt that I was wearing on some casual tip. Alot of women liked the Brotherhood's, don't sleep on those if you know how to dress.

I just don't think it's one of those shoes that'll look good beat up like Breds, Royals, Shadows and many other shoes. Loud Colorways look better when they're new in my opinion.

In my city, all I see is Dunk lows (especially the Black and White Colorway), an influx of Heritage hi 1's this summer because alot of us didn't like those, so they sat for the low low. Jordan 1 mids are being worn alot more in my city too, and cats be thinking that they're doing big with mids lol. I always get a stone cold face whenever I get close enough to see the jumpman on the tongue and not Nike Air.

Air Max 1's, Air Max 95's, and Air Max 97's is a staple in my city and will never go anywhere for some reason. When it comes to Air Max's in my city, and when it comes to NB's in cities like Baltimore or DC, and Timbalands in NY, i actually like seeing alot of people from the same city wear the same thing, because it some what keeps the regional dress code alive.

And that's hard to do nowadays when everybody is on social media copycatting each other dress codes while wearing what everybody else is wearing just because someone on social media said this is the popular shoe to wear this year, and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon just because, but not because they actually like it.

With that being said, OG 1 highs are only bought here for resell value, people in my city have always slept on Jordan 1's, so i never get burnt out on wearing Jordan 1 highs because it's not a popular shoe in my city. I always get the (you like Jordan 1 highs) question all of the time. People look hard whenever I wear Bred, Royal, or Trav 1 lows.

And even then i get confused looks or questions because 1's aren't the go too where im at. I wear nothing but 1 highs, i even like the new Colorways that get bashed online. I personally think that the new Colorways aren't trash, i think alot of people just don't have any style when it comes to the way they dress.

1 highs look better on tall slim frame people in my opinion, and that's no shot to anyone who isn't tall or slim. Cats be throwing on anything with 1's lol, and you can't do that with alot of the new Colorways, so of course it's going to look crazy whenever you throw on a 1 high with jorts and ankle socks.

Nobody can really pull that off with 1 highs lol. I recently wore Brotherhood's and Bordeaux 1's with some good fits with certain denim jeans while going out, and I got alot compliments on them. Brotherhood's got the most because I was sorta matchy matchy with them and the shirt that I was wearing on some casual tip. Alot of women liked the Brotherhood's, don't sleep on those if you know how to dress.

I just don't think it's one of those shoes that'll look good beat up like Breds, Royals, Shadows and many other shoes. Loud Colorways look better when they're new in my opinion.
Bruh you wrote a novel about “in my city” and never said what city :smh:

^^
I agree with most of what you said. But I DO think alot of the new colorways are trash. On another note, I'm specifically wearing SB dunk lows, not regular dunk lows like "pandas." The quality on regular dunk lows is atrocious and now I'm seeing ppl who aren't even into sneakers wearing pandas. One of the most important things TO ME about sneakers and fashion in general is it's a,way to express your uniqueness, creativity and most importantly your individuality.

Bruh you wrote a novel about “in my city” and never said what city :smh:
It was a dark and stormy night in my city.

The clouds had gathered over the skyline and deep thunder roared as I strolled through the streets of Chinatown in my Jordan 1 Shadows. My wife had left me for another man and I hadn’t had a W on SNKRS in five years. And there was still a murder to solve. The bodies of three men lay in the morgue and all I could think about was the shape of the toe box on the Fire Red 3s that had been pushed back to February of 2024.

Now I see it clearly. My whole life has pointed in one direction. I see that now. There never has been any choice for me.
Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

Nothing made sense anymore…in my city.

Also, no one around me is wearing '15 UNCs, '14 black/whites, '17 all stars, storm blues, top 3s, euro gym reds, etc. Damn near DS at that! They not rocking what I'm rocking. I been doing this and it's levels so let's just get that out the way smart guy. I'm just speaking on jordan 1s in general are getting played out bc EVERYONE wearing them particularly all of a sudden in my city, smart guy.
Cool story. Everyone got their own, you don't know theirs. I'm sure there are qualities that make you special but your 1s are not it family. We on niketalk are an incredibly small minority of people that put the amount of value and sentiment into these objects. A lotta folks just like shoes for the thing that's in front of them, not the history or personal connection.

Also, **** does it matter if a shoe is "played out?" I can't leave the house without seeing someone rocking mocha 1s, doesn't take away my appreciation of them or stop me from wearing them. We're rocking mass produced shoes made by the largest sportswear company that's ever existed. Worry less about what other people look like and just go outside with your favorite shoes on and enjoy the world. Imagine you had this mindset with other things. You gonna walk into a restaurant, see some dude order the same dish as you and go tell him to **** off because you've been eating it since 1985?

edit: circling back to this cuz I was buggin with the restaurant analogy :lol: fashion/style in 1985 vs now is completely different. A lotta **** that was cool is not cool now and vice versa. Also be conscious of the fact that trends are not necessarily blindly followed, but manipulated in a way that forces consumers to buy in. If nike spends millions of dollars marketing the Jordan 1, putting them on celebs and athletes, putting them in commercials and ads, putting them on shelves in front of us, people are gonna wanna buy jordan 1s. And that's ok.

Last edited:

The clouds had gathered over the skyline and deep thunder roared as I strolled through the streets of Chinatown in my Jordan 1 Shadows. My wife had left me for another man and I hadn’t had a W on SNKRS in five years. And there was still a murder to solve. The bodies of three men lay in the morgue and all I could think about was the shape of the toe box on the Fire Red 3s that had been pushed back to February of 2024.

Now I see it clearly. My whole life has pointed in one direction. I see that now. There never has been any choice for me.

😵‍💫😵⚰️

Cool story. Everyone got their own, you don't know theirs. I'm sure there are qualities that make you special but your 1s are not it family. We on niketalk are an incredibly small minority of people that put the amount of value and sentiment into these objects. A lotta folks just like shoes for the thing that's in front of them, not the history or personal connection.

Also, **** does it matter if a shoe is "played out?" I can't leave the house without seeing someone rocking mocha 1s, doesn't take away my appreciation of them or stop me from wearing them. We're rocking mass produced shoes made by the largest sportswear company that's ever existed. Worry less about what other people look like and just go outside with your favorite shoes on and enjoy the world. Imagine you had this mindset with other things. You gonna walk into a restaurant, see some dude order the same dish as you and go tell him to **** off because you've been eating it since 1985?

edit: circling back to this cuz I was buggin with the restaurant analogy :lol: fashion/style in 1985 vs now is completely different. A lotta **** that was cool is not cool now and vice versa. Also be conscious of the fact that trends are not necessarily blindly followed, but manipulated in a way that forces consumers to buy in. If nike spends millions of dollars marketing the Jordan 1, putting them on celebs and athletes, putting them in commercials and ads, putting them on shelves in front of us, people are gonna wanna buy jordan 1s. And that's ok.
I'm glad you dialed it back bc the food analogy was terrible. 😅

you-have-failed-this-city-green-arrow.gif

Back
Top Bottom