Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Everyone have a safe Super Bowl Sunday

ACB94F4E-9441-4A72-A7B0-71A63E6E819F.jpeg

Everybody online keeps saying that they don't think that prices are going to go up on Chicago 1,s or any OG 1 Colorways. If you don't have Chicago's or Breds right now, you better buy a pair. Because it's not like its just a movie that's based on Jordan alone. The entire movie is based on Nike as a Company, and how them signing Jordan changed everything about shoe Culture all together afterwards.

I don't care about Lost & Founds, but im sure that prices will atleast rise to a $100.00 from where they're at right now at minimum when this movie is released.

I see alot of people saying that since the economy is different now, in comparison to when the last dance was released, that resale prices won't go up. If that's the case, then why aren't resale prices going down overall on all shoes, since people aren't spending as much money as they were after covid hit.

None of that is happening at all, prices are still where they've been while continuously going up on specific older Colorways/models. The economy/recession isn't changing that at all. Want to know why, because people are still buying highly sought after shoes.

Alot of us are way more selective compared to others, but I see people still spending money on the secondary market, as if it was 2020-2021.

I’m starting to think the ones saying the price will go up are pushing for it and want it to happen. Why? I’m not sure. But I feel that’s reseller energy(not calling out anyone suggesting). “Yo, they just aired a trailer for a movie about Jordan’s and showed Chi 1s…time to up the price another $100” 🤨

As of now prices are pretty much where they’ve been.
🤔 I actually could purchase my size right now from StockX for about $60 cheaper than I could last week. Can’t trust StockX though, nor can I afford it at the moment. Enjoying this streak of kicks under retail!!

Everybody online keeps saying that they don't think that prices are going to go up on Chicago 1,s or any OG 1 Colorways. If you don't have Chicago's or Breds right now, you better buy a pair. Because it's not like its just a movie that's based on Jordan alone. The entire movie is based on Nike as a Company, and how them signing Jordan changed everything about shoe Culture all together afterwards.

I don't care about Lost & Founds, but im sure that prices will atleast rise to a $100.00 from where they're at right now at minimum when this movie is released.

I see alot of people saying that since the economy is different now, in comparison to when the last dance was released, that resale prices won't go up. If that's the case, then why aren't resale prices going down overall on all shoes, since people aren't spending as much money as they were after covid hit.

None of that is happening at all, prices are still where they've been while continuously going up on specific older Colorways/models. The economy/recession isn't changing that at all. Want to know why, because people are still buying highly sought after shoes.

Alot of us are way more selective compared to others, but I see people still spending money on the secondary market, as if it was 2020-2021.
To my knowledge they are going down across the board. But time will tell.

people treating sneakers like speculative goods is the worst

Any of y'all have women's releases (not the extended sizing ones) that can confirm fit? Are they more narrow?

Bought the Starfish in a 12W.....I wear an 11 so I'm already sizing down to a 10.5...curious if this is gonna be too tight or not. Really just wanted another orange colorway since I'm more deliberate about when I wear my SBB 1 and 2 (and the 3 is ugly....and so is the Electro Orange garbage from a couple years ago).

They’re nowhere near what they were in 2020/2021, ask all the resellers that were flipping GRs and all the consignment stores going up in flames now. Look at a bunch the recent 1s that have dropped, those would’ve easily been $300+ on release day back then. Same with 4s and everything else.

Obviously limited stuff like Orange Lobsters and things like that are hitting for more but to say resale prices overall haven’t gone down makes zero sense and basing it off of strictly super limited stuff is an even worse way of judging it

Last edited:
They're better than me. I'm not risking my life trying to protect those sneakers.

They better hire trained armed security

That's really what it's come to now, isn't it? If dudes are just gonna walk right in and take stuff no damns given, gonna have to up the ante on security.

Back
Top Bottom