Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Happy Father’s Day!

IMG_5549.jpeg

Yikes, never thought I’d say this but does anyone else think they need to vault the OG 1 model for a few years? They can release AJ 1 CMFTs/Mids/Lows/Golfs/85s in the meanwhile but cws like those mauves are horrendous and are just going to rot anyways.
The weird thing about the mauves is that they are so close to the burgundy cojps which we just got a couple years back and they weren't hard to get at the time of release (nor after).

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Yikes, never thought I’d say this but does anyone else think they need to vault the OG 1 model for a few years? They can release AJ 1 CMFTs/Mids/Lows/Golfs/85s in the meanwhile but cws like those mauves are horrendous and are just going to rot anyways.
No they shouldn’t vault it cuz this is exactly what the shoe intended to be. A readily available classi that’s available to the masses in abundance. Everyone that’s trying to gatekeep is the problem

No they shouldn’t vault it cuz this is exactly what the shoe intended to be. A readily available classi that’s available to the masses in abundance. Everyone that’s trying to gatekeep is the problem

Agree with this. The 1 historically has had so many materials, concepts, and versions that I can’t even keep up. The “hype is dead” on 1 crowd is getting quite annoying at this point, and I think where we are is exactly where I like it. There have been questionable colors for YEARS, but wait until the reimagined black toe 1’s drop and see how people go wild over them.

Agree with this. The 1 historically has had so many materials, concepts, and versions that I can’t even keep up. The “hype is dead” on 1 crowd is getting quite annoying at this point, and I think where we are is exactly where I like it. There have been questionable colors for YEARS, but wait until the reimagined black toe 1’s drop and see how people go wild over them.
I mean Mids, CMFTs, Golf’s, Jumpman lows, etc. etc. are all readily available so it’s not like there are no other variants to get an AJ 1 fix from.

If they vaulted OG 1s, they could at least take time to develop better cws for when they eventually bring them back.

I do not understand being upset by more choices. When they butcher a classic, like 2013 chicagos, that ****ing sucks. But if it's an excess of colorways why does it matter? More of everything is better for us. Look at how attainable new 1s are now, IF you want them. If you don't, it's not like there aren't other things to buy. We don't see every movie, we don't order everything off the menu when we go out to eat, we don't need to buy or like every single shoe. How many 1s y'all got and y'all really "need" more? What makes you think taking them away will make them better when they're back?

The 1 is a core jordan brand silhouette that has seen a plethora of (bad) colorways and materials for many years. This is nothing new - ever since 2008. Stop acting like it is.

I do not understand being upset by more choices. When they butcher a classic, like 2013 chicagos, that ****ing sucks. But if it's an excess of colorways why does it matter? More of everything is better for us. Look at how attainable new 1s are now, IF you want them. If you don't, it's not like there aren't other things to buy. We don't see every movie, we don't order everything off the menu when we go out to eat, we don't need to buy or like every single shoe. How many 1s y'all got and y'all really "need" more? What makes you think taking them away will make them better when they're back?

The 1 is a core jordan brand silhouette that has seen a plethora of (bad) colorways and materials for many years. This is nothing new - ever since 2008. Stop acting like it is.

B/c as much as people complain about attainability, they like the scarcity as it makes the product feel more special. There are some of us who don't care if the shoes we like are everywhere, we just like them for what they are, however, I'd say that's not most people. Once it's everywhere they no longer desire them.

I get both sides but I like being able to cop most 1's at retail or less, and if I do pay resell it's nothing crazy. Imo I think more times than not AJ 1 releases are at least decent but a lot of us on this forum may possibly have a very similar pair of 1's in the stack already that may have a feature they like better (color blocking and/or materials) so the current release is automatically trash to them. You got to know that everyone didn't start coping 1's at the same time so newer collectors and people who aren't paying high resale for past releases want and should have options.

Last edited:
Will DJ Khaled wearing the Royal Reimagined deter peeps from wanting them now? 😆

The weird thing about the mauves is that they are so close to the burgundy cojps which we just got a couple years back and they weren't hard to get at the time of release (nor after).

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Nah bastardizing the model with whack colorways isn't the way.

Honestly the 1 needs a break.

Yep.
The 9 lace hole suede Royal mid highs and pepperoni spidermans come to mind first.

I mean Mids, CMFTs, Golf’s, Jumpman lows, etc. etc. are all readily available so it’s not like there are no other variants to get an AJ 1 fix from.

If they vaulted OG 1s, they could at least take time to develop better cws for when they eventually bring them back.

All good points with these posts.

I agree the market is too saturated with useless colors or silly gimmicks with the 1 High. I would prefer the brand to come out with more desirable or more common colors that are simple to wear.

As a purist at heart myself, I certainly would prefer them to focus more on rehashing the original colors decently. But that's clearly not the case these last several years based on them inundating the market with a high amount of undesirable colors. That's the primary reason I've been avoidant with getting this model.

The True Blue is literally the only color of this model I've owned in my life because it was a shade of royal blue I knew I could match with a jersey I already had in my possession.

“Man they need to slow down on the 1s”

*JB goes 1-2 years without making 1s*

“Man I wish they didn’t stop making 1s”

B/c as much as people complain about attainability, they like the scarcity as it makes the product feel more special. There are some of us who don't care if the shoes we like are everywhere, we just like them for what they are, however, I'd say that's not most people. Once it's everywhere they no longer desire them.

This just shows that people are ridiculously fickle with their shoe acquisition habits. It just seems based on following suit with some folks.

Exactly. If it’s 1 fatigue for some people, stop wearing it and rock a VI for a couple months

Exactly. If it’s 1 fatigue for some people, stop wearing it and rock a VI for a couple months
The issue is on the supply side though-Nike/JB are pumping out too many uninspired cws instead of focusing on making better ones. It’s essentially quantity over quality with releases of OG 1 cws right now.

On the other side of it, gaining new customers is essential for nike/JB. Yes there's a few of us that have been buying the same shoes and colorways over and over again, but they gotta bring new heads in, too. Some kid born in like 2007 might not be as aware of or care as much about jordan (brand) heritage. But maybe their favorite color is blue so they want a blue shoe and got the weak true blue joints. That's their introduction to the brand and now JB has a new lifetime customer.

To use myself as an example, in middle school my dad got me the jordan 1 lows that were inspired by black/red 13s. It was my first numbered retro ever. 29 year old me knows they're trash now but 13 year old me at the time thought they were amazing. From there I learned about better jordans.

Back
Top Bottom