Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Friend of mine Just grab these off stock X for me He will be shipping these the Jordan 1 palominos and the Jordan 4 red cement next months me. As far as the j balvins go I am going to wait to see. I will say these praline do have that Jordan 1 mid hemp feel to them but I had to have them

Friend of mine Just grab these off stock X for me He will be shipping these the Jordan 1 palominos and the Jordan 4 red cement next months me. As far as the j balvins go I am going to wait to see. I will say these praline do have that Jordan 1 mid hemp feel to them but I had to have them
You scared to use StockX by yourself?

None of those pairs not even worth retail, just wait for the discount

I dont think so.. covid is what made them harder to get in the first place
1s had been popping for a while though. The OW 1s started the epic collab run of OW 1s, Union 1s, and TS 1s.

I legitimately can’t think of a 2-3 year run of hyped releases as good as those on 1 retro model. Funny enough, subsequent collabs (including the new Union one, ironically) haven’t come close.

I do think all the free money during COVID did weird things to the sneaker market, esp with hyped models like 1s. Hell, I paid $200 resale for my Electro Orange 1s a little over two years ago lol

Im not saying they werent popular, but they were a helluva lot easier to get than during the pandemic. I feel like they are just now getting back to being much easier attainable, which is great.

Im not saying they werent popular, but they were a helluva lot easier to get than during the pandemic. I feel like they are just now getting back to being much easier attainable, which is great.
Yeah a lot of that is due to the increased retail prices and also all the terrible cws they have pumped out. It’s not as bad as what Nike has been doing to the poor dunk highs/lows but AJ 1s have definitely been seeing more than their fair share of bad cws recently.

Like who in their right mind signed off on brotherhoods? Those had an awesome story with the fraternity inspiration but the execution was terrible-what were they smoking?

All of this, you can tell who just started buying Jordan 1's during the pandemic.

Game Royal's SAT, Shadows SAT, Turbo Green's SAT, UNC's from 2015 sold but you could've found them for a little over retail for months after the release. Pre-pandemic the only Jordan 1's that were some what of a paint at retail were Chicagos in 2015, Bred's in '16.

And even those were going for like 350 ish resell after release. Every Jordan 1 selling out and reselling for $300+ was the anomaly not the other way around.

All of this, you can tell who just started buying Jordan 1's during the pandemic.

Game Royal's SAT, Shadows SAT, Turbo Green's SAT, UNC's from 2015 sold but you could've found them for a little over retail for months after the release. Pre-pandemic the only Jordan 1's that were some what of a paint at retail were Chicagos in 2015, Bred's in '16.

And even those were going for like 350 ish resell after release. Every Jordan 1 selling out and reselling for $300+ was the anomaly not the other way around.
All the ultra popular OGs were a pain to get before the pandemic but I do recall metallic 1s and less popular OGs hitting outlets

I grabbed both red and blue metallics on discount within a week of release at City Blue.

Those were great times.
Problem is, they have since put the clamp on OG cws of 1s for whatever reason and only dropping them in extremely limited 85 form or “reimagined” pairs.

So unfortunately I don’t think we’re going to get past the problem of garbage OG 1 cws, unfortunately, even if 1s become much easier to attain at retail or lower.

All the ultra popular OGs were a pain to get before the pandemic but I do recall metallic 1s and less popular OGs hitting outlets
Thing is 2016 black toes and 2018 Shadows didn’t have much resell. Hell, I dropped $215 resale for 2017 Royals right after release as well. The 2017-2019 hype train on 1s drove up demand and the COVID driven demand for sneakers in general drove it up even more.

Now that the bubble has bust, we are left with $180 retail for garbage cws of 1s and lack of OG cws outside of extremely limited 85 drops and “reimagined” pairs.

I’m curious what Nike/JB’s strategy is with the model since nobody is paying $180 retail for trash like those Elephant Print highs.

I bought the elephant print highs (on discount) and the lows. They not that bad lol....

I agree with you that we are stuck getting some garbage for 180 but I feel fine knowing I've had a little of all the OGs I wanted before the major hype came.

I need to see how this next round of reimagineds will go. We really getting breds and royals within like 90 days. If those sit, it's really up for AJ1s.

I bought the elephant print highs (on discount) and the lows. They not that bad lol....

I agree with you that we are stuck getting some garbage for 180 but I feel fine knowing I've had a little of all the OGs I wanted before the major hype came.

I need to see how this next round of reimagineds will go. We really getting breds and royals within like 90 days. If those sit, it's really up for AJ1s.
Reimagined /L+F chi’s is one thing but suede royals and satin breds? Naw im good. I got the 16s and 17s anyway.

Yeah I’m mostly just upset at the $180 pricepoint and the quality level of what we’re getting at it. I think if we were getting better cws across the board and more OG cws that don’t have some “reimagined” gimmick, I’d be a lot less upset at it. To your point though, a lot of those less popular cws are going on deep discount. Skylines could be had on discount at about $100 which is wild in 2023 lol

Reimagined /L+F chi’s is one thing but suede royals and satin breds? Naw im good. I got the 16s and 17s anyway.
The suede royals are horrible but I’m going to cop because I have to complete the Royal set since I own all the other versions aside from satins (‘17 OGs, AJKOs, Flyknits, ‘15 Lows, Mystic Blues).

Yes, I know I have a problem lol

Back
Top Bottom