• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
to me it kinda looks like a mid.

I want the straight back heel HIGH top and shape (85s still ain’t right).

I want 85/94 aesthetics but I know Nike doesn’t care

Anyone know if there are spots to do trade-ins? I got an 11 in the Palominos but need to find a 12 smh

Such a great shoe.

It’s just important to know how to accessorize when you’re wearing them.

…Professor Magoo owned Crazy Hair Day last year.

96543B86-4933-4360-A457-34889D7E8D86.jpeg
Long-Legged Larry dat u? :nerd:

Well FTL did state they were planning to close 400 stores by 2026. Their stock plunging 30% recently could be expediting that plan. Not saying this was the case in your situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they slowly started fading in some areas with limited items being the first sign.
Makes sense, tbh their business model is really terrible for modern times. There are always WAAAY too many employees in the store. Back in the day, I feel like they needed a lot of employees to help people with decision making since a lot of people coming in were seeing shoes for the first time nor could you easily buy direct from Nike unless you were going to Niketowns, etc. I feel like there was a major culture shift where most people will buy shoes without seeing them in person first whereas back in the day that typically wasn’t the case.

to me it kinda looks like a mid.

I want the straight back heel HIGH top and shape (85s still ain’t right).

I want 85/94 aesthetics but I know Nike doesn’t care
Nike won’t care if people still buy the shoes.

Lucky for us most of the new releases are sitting and with the current downturn in the economy and $180 pricepoint for OG 1s, people are getting more selective and not copping until things hit DEEP discount.

The way I see it is Nike/JB are going to either improve the quality of cws and/or craftsmanship to improve sales.

Nobody is dropping $180 on True Blue 1s or trash like those Elephant Print Highs.

Makes sense, tbh their business model is really terrible for modern times. There are always WAAAY too many employees in the store. Back in the day, I feel like they needed a lot of employees to help people with decision making since a lot of people coming in were seeing shoes for the first time nor could you easily buy direct from Nike unless you were going to Niketowns, etc. I feel like there was a major culture shift where most people will buy shoes without seeing them in person first whereas back in the day that typically wasn’t the case.

on the more coveted side it’s pay to win

you can’t get any of the shoes you want from footlocker without spending thousands of dollars for years which also cuts off all new customers

The fact resell prices aren’t too bad makes it even more annoying that they’re going to get botted on every restock.

…at least in the money sizes.

you can’t get any of the shoes you want from footlocker without spending thousands of dollars for years which also cuts off all new customers
Yep and the recent sneaker market crash/downturn has hurt their business model for coveted releases. With more and more retros sitting and resale not being too crazy on a lot of collabs, etc., few if any people are going to engage in the “pay to win” model for every release nowadays.

Makes me wonder if big resellers are hoarding stock en masse or simply selling in bulk with small profit margins per pair.
My homie has one of the bigger resell stores in my city. He specializes in used products mostly but he gets DS stuff too.

He told me he still makes at least 30 bucks per dunk he resells. I know thats the dunk market which also took a hit but if he can push 100 shoes a day at 30 dollars profit he's still making 3k a day.

He sells a lot more than just sneakers as well though.

This is another golden era of sneakers imo. Most **** can be had under retail, if I were younger and up more I'd definitely buy in en masse and just hoard it all. I'm sure the market will bounce back again with time.

Oh and I skipped on palaminos. If I'm being honest I'd prefer mochas. Not once have I looked at my breds/ royals/ shadows and been like "this pair would be more fire if it was brown".

Hell even if you HAVE spent thousands for years, it's not a guarantee. I went from hitting literally every release at my Champs or FTL, to nothing. Since they switched to FLX, I have hit exactly 3 raffles, and every single one was a waitlist pull.

Back
Top Bottom