Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It's a friggin Xmas miracle these things arrived.

The bottom part of the box had no tape, just some glue, leaving it partially open. The shoe box itself is crushed, and the stuffing paper has either fecal matter or ear wax smeared all over it. Thanks Nike & JB

Smh

IMG_20231202_130236.jpg

IMG_20231202_130529.jpg

IMG_20231202_130547.jpg

Thankfully the shoes themselves look flawless and I'm happy to now have 1 pair of Jordans back in the cache. I have over 50 pairs of Nikes.
IMG_20231202_130635.jpg

Also, I laughed when I saw the Xtra laces in cardboard.

When did the plastic baggies stop for JB ? LeBron's still use the plastic

Sitting at Kickz on post. No discount though.
IMG_8266.jpeg
Here is what I don’t understand about this release:

Resale on 2017 Royals isn’t THAT crazy-why did they produce so many of these? It would make far more sense to have produced suede breds or even shadows since demand on those is far far higher than royals. I say this as someone who actually loves royals more than those other two releases.

Here is what I don’t understand about this release:

Resale on 2017 Royals isn’t THAT crazy-why did they produce so many of these? It would make far more sense to have produced suede breds or even shadows since demand on those is far far higher than royals. I say this as someone who actually loves royals more than those other two releases.
Resale has nothing to do with Nikes bottom line. From their perspective they gave the masses an affordable opportunity at a legend with a twist.

Last edited:
$180 retail is an affordable opportunity?
In comparison to 300 for 2017 royals.

The casuals don't care as much about details. They just see 'royals' for 180 vs 300.

When u compare it to the sale pricing as well it's a deal.

I own the 2017s and the 2023s, not saying I would take the 2023s over the 2017s if money isn't an issue but I'm not mad at someone who saves a couple bucks by copping 2023s.

We also aren't accounting for even the die hards who just don't trust the 3rd party apps. 2017 royals are harder to come by now and they may not trust the apps of they want pair. Instead of waiting for a proper retro to cop. They can kinda fill that niche with the suedes until we get the inevitable 85 royal (which even then some people won't want).

I promise u Nike/ JB have taken all of these points into consideration.

In comparison to 300 for 2017 royals.

The casuals don't care as much about details. They just see 'royals' for 180 vs 300.

When u compare it to the sale pricing as well it's a deal.

I own the 2017s and the 2023s, not saying I would take the 2023s over the 2017s if money isn't an issue but I'm not mad at someone who saves a couple bucks by copping 2023s.

We also aren't accounting for even the die hards who just don't trust the 3rd party apps. 2017 royals are harder to come by now and they may not trust the apps of they want pair. Instead of waiting for a proper retro to cop. They can kinda fill that niche with the suedes until we get the inevitable 85 royal (which even then some people won't want).

I promise u Nike/ JB have taken all of these points into consideration.
Well they missed the mark because these are still sitting even with massive discounts. Also, 2023 suede royals are vastly inferiors to any previous OG Royal retro-although I agree with you that an 85 is inevitable.

Hence, my original point about them waiting longer to retro royals vs other OG cws which are more in demand.

Well they missed the mark because these are still sitting even with massive discounts. Hence, my original point about them waiting longer to retro royals vs other OG cws which are more in demand.

I kinda assumed they did breds and royals to bring more interest back the 1.

They couldn't do leathers again since that happened less than a decade ago and they are reserving the OG style retro for the 85 now but usually royals and breds are an easy cash grab especially if you paid attention to the post 2020 hype on Jordan 1s.

I genuinely believe these just released in bad time vs it being a bad shoe. However I agree lots of other 1 colorways get more hype than royals.

A decade ago tho (right after 2013 royals and leading up to them) royals were probably the most in demand colorway of the 1. Then being the least desired OG is relatively new.

I kinda assumed they did breds and royals to bring more interest back the 1.

They couldn't do leathers again since that happened less than a decade ago and they are reserving the OG style retro for the 85 now but usually royals and breds are an easy cash grab especially if you paid attention to the post 2020 hype on Jordan 1s.

I genuinely believe these just released in bad time vs it being a bad shoe. However I agree lots of other 1 colorways get more hype than royals.

A decade ago tho (right after 2013 royals and leading up to them) royals were probably the most in demand colorway of the 1. Then being the least desired OG is relatively new.
Honestly, I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying but they could have easily done a “lost and found” type Royal where it was simply aged instead of butchering it with suede.

I saw the royals for the 1st time yesterday walking thru the mall. I see why they sitting. They are certified 🗑!
I’m not sure what they were thinking-if they were insisting on doing a Royal retro, they should have just done a “lost and found” Royal with the same aged leather look. Hell, they could have re-used the Lost and Found Chicago box and everything as well. I talked to an employee in one of these stores (extremely small sample size, but still) and he said that people come in and ask for these but put them down when they see them, esp for $180 retail. They will obviously sell much better with the discounts but Nike/JB were crazy to think these things would sellout at $180 lol

Well they missed the mark because these are still sitting even with massive discounts. Also, 2023 suede royals are vastly inferiors to any previous OG Royal retro-although I agree with you that an 85 is inevitable.

Hence, my original point about them waiting longer to retro royals vs other OG cws which are more in demand.

I’ve seen numbers as high as 600k stock for the Royal reimagineds. And even if that’s a high ball, it’s clear that this release was intended to be widely available and plentiful during the holiday season.

As a billion dollar company that spends millions and millions on market research, I’m more inclined to believe this is all going as intended rather than Nike misjudging demand for shoes.

Success looks different for a shoe intended to be exclusive compared to a widely available release.

I’ve seen numbers as high as 600k stock for the Royal reimagineds. And even if that’s a high ball, it’s clear that this release was intended to be widely available and plentiful during the holiday season.

As a billion dollar company that spends millions and millions on market research, I’m more inclined to believe this is all going as intended rather than Nike misjudging demand for shoes.
Exactly. It’s like people can’t pick up on a strategy shift when they make 700k pairs of a AJ1. Volume over exclusivity. They moved a ton of them to their retail accounts that are already done and paid for as far as Nike is concerned.

And these will eventually sell out unlike a Burgundy 5 or Chambray 7 or Mauve 1 made in much lower numbers.

Exactly. It’s like people can’t pick up on a strategy shift when they make 700k pairs of a AJ1. Volume over exclusivity. They moved a ton of them to their retail accounts that are already done and paid for as far as Nike is concerned.

And these will eventually sell out unlike a Burgundy 5 or Chambray 7 or Mauve 1 made in much lower numbers.

And to add to this, Nike can probably slash prices all the way down to 60%, and make profit the entire way down. This release wasn’t meant to get sneaker heads excited. They were meant for mall walkers and gift givers.

And to add to this, Nike can probably slash prices all the way down to 60%, and make profit the entire way down. This release wasn’t meant to get sneaker heads excited. They were meant for mall walkers and gift givers.

I actually ended up getting both of my sons and 2 of my nephews these (all on sale). That actually wouldn't have happened with regular royals because they would've more than likely sold out or be made in limited (and ironically more desirable) numbers.

5 pairs (including mine) for a single family is probably a big win from, Nikes perspective.

I personally believe nike thought royal reimagineds would be a hit and they were wrong. I think they assumed bc it's an og c/w and the prior "reimagined" releases were successful, that royals would follow suit. Of course they'll still be making profit thru the inevitable discounts. And of course from a profit standpoint it's still a W for nike. However, we all know nike doesn't like certain product sitting. They made 600k+ pairs bc they thought we'd take the bait and they were clearly wrong. This is my perception.

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree that had they done the exact same thing as L&Fs, we are having a totally different experience and conversation. I would have bought them like everyone else and we'd be looking at a $300+ resale price point.

I personally believe nike thought royal reimagineds would be a hit and they were wrong. I think they assumed bc it's an og c/w and the prior "reimagined" releases were successful, that royals would follow suit. Of course they'll still be making profit thru the inevitable discounts. And of course from a profit standpoint it's still a W for nike. However, we all know nike doesn't like certain product sitting. They made 600k+ pairs bc they thought we'd take the bait and they were clearly wrong. This is my perception.
If they were leather maybe cracked instant sell out

If these would have released during the pandemic they probably would have sold out... but other than Nike... who really cares? I enjoy getting a shoe I want, even more so on sale... I dont care about the fact that they are still available. If anything thats a positive for most consumers (ie not resellers).

Im only made that I didnt get the Packer deal... but I am happy to save $50 and to have these in my collection.

Back
Top Bottom