Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
FYI every single jordan 1 release is made with sub par leather.
if you've had higher priced kicks, you'll know how good quality leather
feels like.
these ones aren't it, they're just comfy/soft.
Good leather relative to jordans. In that regard, 1s are great. When discussing leather, I don’t think it’s fair to compare to high quality or even standard leather of dress shoes

feels like.

Jordan 1 is $160 and is mass produced and made in China. Could careless if the leather is "sub par", I'm paying for the name and style and usually nostalgia. The leather is fine to me

I would hate to be out somewhere wearing the blue moons and someone within the same vicinity pulls up in some Frags.
Zjwo4.gif

I know what the price is, but that's why I'm saying there's no point in critiquing the leather quality
because it's a $19 shoe being sold at 160. Don't believe me? Do your research. That's 2013 numbers
though, raw materials would have increased in price but you get the idea.

feels like.

I think beat up Breds look better than any high priced designer kicks. Plus I’m only paying 1/5 of the cost for a better looking shoe

I know what the price is, but that's why I'm saying there's no point in critiquing the leather quality
because it's a $19 shoe being sold at 160. Don't believe me? Do your research. That's 2013 numbers
though, raw materials would have increased in price but you get the idea.

You do know what overhead costs are right? Same reasoning you could when going out to dine. Rent, Salaries, Utilities, R&D, Manufacturing, etc. just because it’s a 19 dollar shoe doesn’t mean it only cost them 19 dollars to make it.

You do know what overhead costs are right? Same reasoning you could when going out to dine. Rent, Salaries, Utilities, R&D, Manufacturing, etc. just because it’s a 19 dollar shoe doesn’t mean it only cost them 19 dollars to make it.
I think the point has been missed and feelings have been hurt for no reason at all.
Please understand that my initial statement was merely talking about the futility of analyzing
leather in Jordan 1s.

that's cool. I never said they looked bad, these are the best sneakers ever. I merely said investigating the leather
and saying certain colorways have premium leather is just futile because they're all made haphazardly.

I’ll agree with that. Jordan knows how to market though. It’s a mental thing. When people think they’re getting an increase in quality, even if it’s an insignificant increase in the grand scheme of things, people will eat it up.

Moving from quality, i think it’s cool how my Metallics are much higher cut than my 2016 Breds. I like the fact that it gives it an even more 80s look

Can’t deny leather quality has gotten better or “softer” though. 1’s used to be stiff as hell, now they “break in” and are comfy

Both size 9. *Hugs*

My bad.. havent been keeping up that heavy.. I know Blues and Greens are supposed to be stateside with the others (supposedly stateside but mostly) overseas. You aiming for Blue and Greens?? Hit my jack if you have my math so we can figure it out and not clutter the thread.

feels like.
I’m glad someone had the guts to acknowledge the bs comparisons on this thread. Nobody ever compares the AJ1 Pinnacle “Vachetta Tan” to any AJ1. I wonder why....

I’m glad someone had the guts to acknowledge the bs comparisons on this thread. Nobody ever compares the AJ1 Pinnacle “Vachetta Tan” to any AJ1. I wonder why....
As far as I know I'm the only one who's been obnoxious enough to continue to point out that the vachetta tan is far superior to any $160 Jordan of the last few years. And I know I've said that "pinnacle" is literally in the name.

As far as I know I'm the only one who's been obnoxious enough to continue to point out that the vachetta tan is far superior to any $160 Jordan of the last few years. And I know I've said that "pinnacle" is literally in the name.
Welcome to the reality club.

Back
Top Bottom