• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Screenshot_2019-04-16-23-48-18.png

The 84 proto on top is so sick. I'd love for JB to release it just like that. Swoosh is thiccc

It wasn't even "banned" in the first place. Bred is more fitting IMO.

There were no knicknames in the first place. I’m just saying this knickname is more pertinent to the history of the shoe and is most fitting compared to these makeup colorway names. The term bred came around 2012 when the XIs retroed which was a time when you got these knicknames like ‘galaxy’, and people were dubbing every shoe with some name etc. I usually never refer to shoes with knicknames, but this name is so relevant to its OG story and faster to say than black and red.

Your post is proving my point. We're sneakerheads or more specifically Jordan heads so when we look at things we are looking at through a person who is passionate about Jordans and its history. What we lose track of is that this is a business, catering to simply one niche audience isn't good business. Casual consumers far outnumber legit Jordan heads. All they care about are colorways and popular(hyped) shoes. The history, materials etc they could care less about. This is a business and Gentry is a businessman who happens to love sneakers. You argue that he's terrible for Jordan heads but as a businessman he's what nike needs.

Explain to me exactly how keeping a Retro identical to an Original would affect the “casual consumer”? You not only sound extremely naive, but you share that sheep mentality that whatever JB releases will sell. It’s that same type of philosophy that got JB in trouble in the first place. Gentry wasn’t the reason JB was successful, that credit goes to the iconic figure MJ is. JB was successful despite Gentry’s constant **** ups.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I'm in between the young and older eras. You are really underestimating the youth. They buy Jordans by the truckload. Who do you think is buying up the mids and colorways that sneaker elitist hate like the hyper Crimsons? Also, I ask this respectfully but do you think you can do Gentry's job? Two years after he left adidas took Jordan's spot as the 2nd highest selling brand, now dude has to once again come and save Jordan and its sales. Y'all like to talk down on him but dude gets results and knows how to sell sneakers. Not sure why y'all try so hard to discredit him.

The youth buy JB by the truckload because they want to fit in and Jordan’s saw a reemergence as being cool. We saw a period in the mid to late 2000’s where the masses weren’t checking for JB anymore, Vans had taken over, remember? The current wave started with the Concord XI release in 2011 and it’s only picked up steam since then. I know I can do a way better job than Gentry too. I wouldn’t need to butcher a shoe in order to increase sales. The sheep (casual consumer) will buy anything that’s considered hot. You can cater to the enthusiast and casual consumer at the same time, it’s not simply one or the other. Gentry has chosen that route because he’s a ****ing idiot.

Explain to me exactly how keeping a Retro identical to an Original would affect the “casual consumer”? You not only sound extremely naive, but you share that sheep mentality that whatever JB releases will sell. It’s that same type of philosophy that got JB in trouble in the first place. Gentry wasn’t the reason JB was successful, that credit goes to the iconic figure MJ is. JB was successful despite Gentry’s constant **** ups.

The youth buy JB by the truckload because they want to fit in and Jordan’s saw a reemergence as being cool. We saw a period in the mid to late 2000’s where the masses weren’t checking for JB anymore, Vans had taken over, remember? The current wave started with the Concord XI release in 2011 and it’s only picked up steam since then. I know I can do a way better job than Gentry too. I wouldn’t need to butcher a shoe in order to increase sales. The sheep (casual consumer) will buy anything that’s considered hot. You can cater to the enthusiast and casual consumer at the same time, it’s not simply one or the other. Gentry has chosen that route because he’s a ****ing idiot.
My guy you are literally agreeing with my posts. The youth follow trends and what's hot. They are impressionable. They like having different colorways and options. That's JBs target, they need to indoctrinate the youth to jordan in order to secure brand loyalty which is then passed down and the cycle continues. Also how am I sounding like a sheep? I'm not giving the reasons why I buy jordans I'm telling you why the average/casual consumer buys them. Again the people on here like us who are enthusiasts are far outnumbered by the casual consumer. You guys are thinking from the perspective of shoe lovers not, businessmen. The success of any publicly owned business like Nike is to generate income, they have shareholders they have to appease. I know it hurts to hear but appeasing to strictly those passionate about jordans and OGs isn't gonna generate the same profit as going after the general public.

The idea that butchering classic after classic displays an ability to keep a brand alive is an absolute joke. The brand already had a history and nostalgia around it. If anything, the brand survived in spite of Gentry.
So why did Adidas pass up Jordan brand after Gentry left? Why would Nike hire someone back who you guys claim was ruining the brand? Again, you're only looking at this through one lens. Gentry simply produces great results for Nike as far as the financial side of things go.

So why did Adidas pass up Jordan brand after Gentry left? Why would Nike hire someone back who you guys claim was ruining the brand? Again, you're only looking at this through one lens. Gentry simply produces great results for Nike as far as the financial side of things go.

Because the materials are trash.

:rofl:

because kanye and boost.

look at em now though, it was just a phase. as expected. Adidas have always been super basic and boring. It was only a matter of time before the hype faded, JB shouldve known better than to freak out over nonsense. Now they upended their strategy to fight a ghost. The strategy was working just fine. Their own ego got the best of them, not adidas. Gentry is nothing but privleged trash coasting through life on his buddy's coattails all because hes got mouth skills for those quiet times with MJ. MJ says 'DOME IT UP' and he comes running like a dog that hears his kibble dropping into the bowl.

Last edited:
I am 1000% in on a Jordan 1 with a React midsole, even if it's a thick drop-in midsole like the Lunarlon inserts on some of the Kobe models. Jordan 1 Protro! (full-length drop-in zoom insole/midsole would be good too)

"The Air Jordan 1 React ‘Bred’ will upgrade its technology for a more comfortable feel. It isn’t confirmed if the midsole will change, or if it will stay the same as the traditional Air Jordan 1." -SneakerFiles

I wouldn't mind having if they changed the insoles to have the React technology. But it's a pass for me if they completely change the midsole.

Back
Top Bottom