• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
ir-Jordan-1-Dynamic-Yellow-555088-170-Release-Date-7.jpg

It was designed by gentry to represent what he plans on doing with that swoosh after this run of 1s.

Jumpman comin

This is a great post. You literally list a handful of things you dislike about the sbs and then claim you prefer the spideys which have a clear sole, BLUE tongue tag, plastic swoosh and CHICKENPOX all over. The appeal of the Chicago 1s are the black/white/red color blocking - the contrasting black is an essential element in the overall aesthetic!

For the uninitiated, these type of ****posts are to put down shoes OP probably won’t be able to obtain in order to keep hype and resale prices down. Or they’re just trying to make themselves feel better for passing/failing
Wow. So this is really how you took my own opinion on a shoe? Wow. First of all, I could get the Lakers/Chi SBs if I wanted. Trust me. I never have and never would base my opinion on a shoe around whether or not I feel it’s obtainable. Obtainability has zero to do with how a pair looks IMO. Secondly, I literally qualified everything with “IMO” or “to each his or her own.” If you love the SBs and hate the Spideys, cool. Thirdly, outside of Jordan 1s, the other bulk of my collection are Dunks and SBs. I’ve been into and collecting Dunks/SBs since 2002, so if anything, the fact that they’re SBs and 1s had me gravitating towards them heavy initially. Fourth, and some already mentioned this, I’m a huge comic book fan (Marvel basically), and Spider-Man fan especially. So naturally, a Jordan 1 (my favorite shoe BTW) mixed with Spider-Man had me right away. Fifth, I mentioned all details that I don’t like about the Lakers/Chis, and I prefer the details on the Spideys over these. I’ll take the icy sole over the black sole, I’ll take the 3m dots over the black contrast stitching, the swoosh on the Spideys is cool IMO because of its inspiration, and I’ll take the blue w/ red script tongue tag over the white w/ black script tongue tag. All my personal opinion.

But ultimately, this is all my opinion. Never knocked anyone for liking whatever they like. How you took my own opinion on liking or disliking a pair of kicks, and turned it into me having some weird agenda around resale or hype is hilarious. And you mentioning “essential elements” of the Chis, black contrasting stitching has NEVER been an “essential element” of ANY Jordan 1, especially the Chis. Both these pairs have elements that stray away from the OGs. I prefer the OGs over both of these hands down, but IMO, the black contrasting stitching is the biggest offense. But ultimately, just in case this part somehow missed you, THIS IS MY OPINION. Love/like what you want. Not knocking your opinion, but don’t try to psychoanalyze mine.

Man, we ain't having Union slander in here. Not today.

Besides, you're using Frankenstein incorrectly. Frankenstein is the scientist who created the hideous monster. So in other words, Gentry.

Well imo they are ugly. Like I do not see the appeal at all of 2 separate colorways being sandwiched onto each other. The colors don't even flow.

Back
Top Bottom