Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Good point. If they give us a massive GR of Chicago 1s with the OG cut, swoosh, and quality materials-all of us on here would immediately start throwing our money at them again. I hate to say it, but I could see them implementing a $190ish price point for 1s with a hyped, “remastered 2.0” GR release just like this.

Yep, that whole notion of "remastered" is a perfect example. When they introduced that concept, they were actually celebrating the fact that, for years, they were giving us bs quality on retros. Then they finally do what they should have been doing all along, pat themselves on the back for it, and hike up the prices.

I just wanna know the fool who is saying in the meetings we need more patent leather options - that’s the game changer

I don’t mind ‘twists’ but they need to be informed by something. There are so few patent leather 1s that knock: black/gold, OG UNCs and DSMs .... not sure why they are going back to the well so soon after UNC PLs a few months ago.
E9321604-36EA-4C38-85E0-5B4090A97E9F.jpeg

Some said they'll still cop even if they dont necessarily like them. Force of habit, I guess. I hope they eat come release day because I know there's gonna be a massive turn and FOMO at play when they hit sneakrs & retailers.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what numbers will be. The turn is definitely coming with some people.

I don't know the history behind the shattered backboards, why are they so sought out? I remember wanting to cop the first pair and was surprised how fast they sold out. I just thought it was a dope colorway. I knew something was up when my brother-in-law who doesn't even buy Js was asking about them.

Maybe they're just really bored and want to f*** with us lol.

But on a serious note, even if it leads to mixed results, I get why JB would try new stuff. Jordan 1 heads like us will be turned off, but the majority will still scoop them up because it's a twist on a modern classic that still has the shattered backboard narrative. Then, in order to win back the favor of the true sneaker community, they'll probably bring back some classics in that OG cut and make a big deal about how they're taking it back to where it all started.

Bottom line: JB only cares about its bottom line.

Here’s hoping you’re right about the latter...

I don't know the history behind the shattered backboards, why are they so sought out? I remember wanting to cop the first pair and was surprised how fast they sold out. I just thought it was a dope colorway. I knew something was up when my brother-in-law who doesn't even buy Js was asking about them.

He was playing overseas and he dunked & shattered the backboard. The Jersey color was orange, white, & black

Pre-remastered era the consistency of what JB put out was so sus - some 1s were fine shape wise while others had the toebox pinky death grip. The SBBs was a new colorway and colorblocking (the toebox coloration) with a thick leather cut that was plush by 1s standard plus it introduced a new narrative to the lexicon - jordan shattering a backboard. SBBs arrived at the top of the remastered period with much of the elements procmised by the new initiative and so quickly became a standard bearer for remastered pairs coming after it.

Back
Top Bottom