Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
not mad at them for sticking true to the og just with NA branding, but i agree that the nylon tongue and tag woulda been best. im still gonna go for the navy pair and the silver pair hard and just hope they're easy to obtain since there's so much dislike out there for these. if the tongue bothers me at all or is the least bit uncomfortable, they can be candidates for tongue swaps.
The thing I’m curious about is their availability. Seeing as the originals were Japan exclusives, and therefore pretty limited, I wonder if these too are going to be some type of region exclusives and/or be super limited. I recently reacquired a DS of my very first Dunk from 2003 (White/Obsidian Dunk Low Pro B, which is like a low top version of the Navy’s but without silver), so I’m not needing/wanting the Navy’s as much as I did previously. But I’m still going to keep my eyes on how they turn out.

The thing I’m curious about is their availability. Seeing as the originals were Japan exclusives, and therefore pretty limited, I wonder if these too are going to be some type of region exclusives and/or be super limited. I recently reacquired a DS of my very first Dunk from 2003 (White/Obsidian Dunk Low Pro B, which is like a low top version of the Navy’s but without silver), so I’m not needing/wanting the Navy’s as much as I did previously. But I’m still going to keep my eyes on how they turn out.
I had those I believe. The ones with the stuffEd leather tounge?

haha yuppppp....i had those too.

got rid of them maybe 2-3 years ago....which is why i want these japan pack navys so bad lol

P0.jpg

haha yuppppp....i had those too.

got rid of them maybe 2-3 years ago....which is why i want these japan pack navys so bad lol

P0.jpg
Yeah!!! These. I just grabbed a DS pair in my size! I have been looking for them for the longest, as they were my first pair of Dunks ever, and they’re one of, if not my favorite, Dunk Pro B/SBs ever. A Dunk with fat tongue, navy and white (favorite color combo), I love the color blocking with the white Swoosh (not too many pairs of Dunks or Jordan’s have the Swoosh whited out against a white upper panels), and amazing quality suede and leather. These and the Chicago 1s are probably my favorite two shoes ever actually. But anyways, I’ve always been a fan of the Japan White/Navy’s because of these Dunks. As I now have the Dunks, I’m still a fan of these Jordan’s, but don’t need them like I once did. But we’ll see when we get to see them in real life and we get close to the release.

Could've just gotten the Kostons last year? I've got them so skipping the highs.
Naw. I’m not a fan of Jordan 1 Lows at all. Never have been. Their cut, the color blocking, thin tongue, they look long and skinny, etc. Just never been into them. The Koston’s obviously have their similarities to these Obsidian Dunks, but the Dunks are better in every way IMO, and not to mention, they don’t have that random orange Jumpman (though that detail doesn’t look the worst, the more I look at it).

Naw. I’m not a fan of Jordan 1 Lows at all. Never have been. Their cut, the color blocking, thin tongue, they look long and skinny, etc. Just never been into them. The Koston’s obviously have their similarities to these Obsidian Dunks, but the Dunks are better in every way IMO, and not to mention, they don’t have that random orange Jumpman (though that detail doesn’t look the worst, the more I look at it).
I thought I was going to hate them because of that detail but it's fine in person.

It's like a coral color.

I thought I was going to hate them because of that detail but it's fine in person.

It's like a coral color.
Yeah, the more I’ve seen it, it’s actually not that bad to me. But again, not a fan of Jordan 1 Lows in general. I wish both the navy Koston Lows and the tear-away Lance Mountain Lows would’ve been Dunk SB Lows. They would’ve been way better IMO.

Jordan Brand basically went to Saturday releases because kids were cutting school to cop J's but since school is out they could just drop Js at any time as they please. Would especially be dope just to keep the bots off guard. Just a thought.

The part where he’s not making sense is in that he’s saying he customized a $200 pair of shoes, but if I’m looking at stockx correctly, and I know that’s not the only measure of what a shoe costs, they’re going for well over $1K. So he basically turned a $1k sneaker into breds (in the 85 mold). Yeah he paid $200 but he could turn that into 1K with 3 clicks.
Not to mention the work and hassle of customizing/painting almost an entire shoe. Most people wouldn’t want to mess with that, plus the worry of fx’ing up an expensive shoe.

bottom line is if he’s happy, let him do him
Not everyone is a reseller like you. They dont think that way.

Back
Top Bottom