Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Maybe some people just like the shoe or the colorways - can't knock on that :emoji_confused:. Jordan 1 Highs aren't "cooler", just some people have preferences for the high over everything else.

I don’t think it is debatable that, overall, quality and craftsmanship are better on OG highs than they are on the Mids. There may be a few exceptions but, generally, this is almost always the case.

Which pair of mids?
You rocking Navys/Georgetowns? No idea why those never released as an OG high, especially given they released as OG-styled AJKOs as part of the Rival Pack with the UNC AJKOs.

Nothing special. It's these:
mid.jpg

I don’t think it is debatable that, overall, quality and craftsmanship are better on OG highs than they are on the Mids. There may be a few exceptions but, generally, this is almost always the case.

Nobody is debating the quality. The materials used on High is better than Mids for the most part. But OP said they didn't "understand how someone can think buying mids is cool". So I'm saying buying High isn't any cooler than buying Mids - some people just like the shoe and colors, doesn't make them any less cool for buying Mids.

Air Jordan Retro 1 High OG SP
Release Date: Holiday 2020
Color: White/Royal-Varsity Red-Black
Style Code: DA2728-100

* I don't think this is the real pic...just a mock up.*

air-jordan-1-high-top-3-2-DA2728-100-1.jpg

Ain’t bad IF they look like this.

THIS. I absolutely hate mock ups. No point unless someone has seen the shoe and mock it up exactly that way. Usually the mock ups are wrong though.

I can’t tell you how many people i’ve seen say Silver toes are copped or a Straight heat based off that Black/white version of the WMNS UNC mock up :lol:

They already dropping resale predictions

ayoo 10/10 ill choose og high over a mid but dont sleep on them lol they arent wack or bad shoes... some mid quality is stupid premium. im team retail or bust though with 1s which is my fav AJ silhouette.

i got these 2 mids which are the only ones i own for like ~70 each and they are really nice. the legend blue cw could use better materials but the wolf grey leather is very premium

2BDA1CC3-D3D4-44A8-8508-9C5C1097007A.jpeg

F7945889-5552-4FF9-9B9D-E5B1DBA136EC.jpeg

So Lebron is supposed to apologize that Dan Gilbert and Co wasn’t getting him help? Kobe had Shaq and Gasol. Mj got Pippen and Rodman.
The best Roster he had all around was 2009-2010 (imo) But Mo Williams is arguably the second best player and that wasn’t enough.
Lebron was enough to get you there and make it competitive. Lebron never had that second option his first years on the cavs and he wasn’t getting it

No, he's not supposed to apologise, just do what it takes to make his teammates better, and stick it out. Jordan was losing to the Pistons for several years before they broke through in 1991. MJ could have requested a trade but he didn't. He gutted it out and made others around him better. He was doing it all himself in the mid-late 80s as the others were getting better. But he made Scottie a better player, made Horace a better player.
That brings me to Pip. You say MJ "got Pippen and Rodman". You say it like they went out and signed as a FA or traded for Pippen. He was drafted and wasn't regarded as much coming from a small school. He worked on his game and got better and really didn't really come into his own until that '90-'91 Championship season. He grew with MJ so he was there from the beginning.
Rodman, let's be honest, was coming from a BAD tenure in San Antonio where even Pop (as GM) couldn't stand him. They gave up nothing for him and no one wanted to deal with his BS! Plus, Dennis was there only for the last 3. Their PF was Horace Grant. A good player but nothing spectacular. And his backup was Stacey King, ugh!

MJ definitely would have one 1-2 championships and have lost more without scottie.

And LBJ would have not won without Kyrie that year and also having Draymond suspended for that game. Had he played, GS wins the series.

Lebron didn’t start super teams if we being honest, Boston lowkey did. Boston had 4 HOF’ers at once

If your talking about the 2008 Celtics, there was only 3 HOF players. KG, Pierce and Day Allen. But let's be honest, Ray wasn't a HOF at the time they signed him. He did decent in Milwaukee and was good in Seattle. He didn't become a HOF until Miami and his streak of total 3's in a career. KG & Paul, sure. I see that. But who was the 4th?

Lebron started more Player movement’s and taking a hold of their careers.

No, he didn't start the player movements as free agent signings were way before his time (see Shaq leaving Orlando for the Lakers). He didn't start more movements, just making it so friends can team up for a ring. And I don't admire GS for doing it with Durant or admire him for leaving OKC.

Last edited:
While I find some mid colorways to be pretty dope, I can’t rock em because for some reason they hurt my feet my feet around the toebox area. I can tell they’re made differently than the highs. It’s also probably because of that cheap pleather they use.

I personally like Hi's. I don't own any Mid's or Low's- they just don't do it for me. I'll likely pull the trigger on a nice Low CW over a mid. I will say the mindset that Mid's are wack or inferior is definitely an elitist view IMO. To each their own when it comes to style choice.

Nobody is debating the quality. The materials used on High is better than Mids for the most part. But OP said they didn't "understand how someone can think buying mids is cool". So I'm saying buying High isn't any cooler than buying Mids - some people just like the shoe and colors, doesn't make them any less cool for buying Mids.

Right, and I was pointing out how those “preferences” can also be tied to materials and craftsmanship, regardless of what is considered “cool” and what isn’t.

You say MJ "got Pippen and Rodman". You say it like they went out and signed as a FA or traded for Pippen. He was drafted and wasn't regarded as much coming from a small school. He worked on his game and got better and really didn't really come into his own until that '90-'91 Championship season. He grew with MJ so he was there from the beginning.

Dude, he was drafted #5 overall in 1987. Ahead of Reggie Miller, Horace Grant, Kevin Johnson, Mark Jackson...

It's not like he was chopped liver that they didn't know if he was going to pan out in the NBA, they expected him to be a big part of their program. He was an all-star in 89-90, his 3rd season in the league.

No, he's not supposed to apologise, just do what it takes to make his teammates better, and stick it out.

Damn, I’m not even much of a LeBron fan and I hate the Cavs but this argument is so dumb. Dan Gilbert was driving that organization into the ground, they were only able to somewhat get their act together after LeBron left (and, even then, they STILL blew a #1 pick in 2013) and, even after that, were only able to put together a contender upon LeBron returning because Griff was actually empowered to make good decisions (I.e. Kevin Love trade) that led them to a title.

Jerry Reinsdorf is a FAR Better owner than Dan Gilbert and it’s not even debatable.

Back
Top Bottom