Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Went ahead and copped to see in hand. Can always send back if I don’t like, but I feel like I’m gonna be happy with em 🙌

71992813-80BF-4E01-B20F-804884C5E360.jpeg

None of that is happening at all, prices are still where they've been while continuously going up on specific older Colorways/models. The economy/recession isn't changing that at all. Want to know why, because people are still buying highly sought after shoes.

Alot of us are way more selective compared to others, but I see people still spending money on the secondary market, as if it was 2020-2021.

Speaking of this, kinda wild how much the overall market on OG High Jordan 1s has changed in just two years.

From StockX:

81887F43-DA5B-46D3-94D6-2A2303AB1C65.jpeg

D51721EC-62A5-4EE1-9BA2-66B369FCBB7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of this, kinda wild how much the overall market on OG High Jordan 1s has changed in just two years.

From StockX:

81887F43-DA5B-46D3-94D6-2A2303AB1C65.jpeg

D51721EC-62A5-4EE1-9BA2-66B369FCBB7A.jpeg
This kinda bad example as it was peak pandemic on a shoe that was never that hyped. That screen shot is a lil over a month after release and even then resellers were barely breaking even. after two years I'm sure those same people are happy to cut their loses with this one.

These are one of the many many Jordan 1s that will be forgotten about with time. A few die hard 1s fans will keep them but most will gladly forget about these.

Og colorways are still doing fine and so are many of the other retro plus colorways. Hyper royals and mochas still fetch a pretty penny.

The Taxis are going for just a tad above retail in the money sizes on StockX.

Which is freaking insane to me.

…such a great shoe.

Yeah it’s wild the sheer number of terrible releases have essentially killed hype for the entire OG High model. Hypebeast perspectives aside, this is definitely both a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at at (lower resale overall but also inevitably less future OG High releases and/or worse cws). Looking at the 2023 releases, it seems like it’s only going to get worse before it gets better.

L&Fs were clearly the exception to all of this, it seems.

Yeah it’s wild the sheer number of terrible releases have essentially killed hype for the entire OG High model. Hypebeast perspectives aside, this is definitely both a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at at (lower resale overall but also inevitably less future OG High releases and/or worse cws). Looking at the 2023 releases, it seems like it’s only going to get worse before it gets better.

Didn't someone post a while back that we weren't getting many OGs for a while and instead they're gonna focus on the reimagined stuff?

Personally I would be fine with a scenario whereby we get fewer Jordan 1 releases, with better colorways that are easier to get for retail and relatively cheap on the aftermarket.

…to me that’s the best we could ever hope for.

Quality over quantity with better access.

Personally I would be fine with a scenario whereby we get fewer Jordan 1 releases, with better colorways that are easier to get for retail and relatively cheap on the aftermarket.

…to me that’s the best we could ever hope for.

Quality over quantity with better access.
Oh me too but they are saving OG cws for limited 85s or once a year “reimagined” releases like the L&Fs, which is weak IMHO.

Seems like they’re just going to pump out bad cws for the rest of the OG High cws so it’s not looking too great for us in this regard.

Honestly, I don’t care if hype has left the station long ago, I just want them to give us easily accessible OG cws and better new cws, neither of which seems to be happening.

Kind of a random question but has anyone ever had a pair they had listed on GOAT just disappear from the app? I had two pairs of Royals listed, they've been listed on there for 3 years at least. Now all of a sudden they're just not listed anymore and there's no record of them. Maybe a glitch with the app?

I didn't get an alert or an email about it or anything. And another pair I had listed is still up.

Jordan 1's have always been released in bad colorways along with good ones sprinkled in. It's just that many of you weren't in to Jordan 1's then. Highlight Reels are still the worst 1's I've ever seen and those womens Laney's are far better than the other Laney's.

I like how we can weed out the ones in it for hype and social media and resellers.

The Celtics and UNC's coming out this year are fantastic colorways, so I hope many of you continue to dislike 1's because you won't feel special anymore because they aren't valued at $300 and $400.

Jordan 1's have always been released in bad colorways along with good ones sprinkled in. It's just that many of you weren't in to Jordan 1's then. Highlight Reels are still the worst 1's I've ever seen and those womens Laney's are far better than the other Laney's.

I like how we can weed out the ones in it for hype and social media and resellers.

The Celtics and UNC's coming out this year are fantastic colorways, so I hope many of you continue to dislike 1's because you won't feel special anymore because they aren't valued at $300 and $400.

Oof. Those Laneys with the suede. *shudders*

Back
Top Bottom