Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Really beat them up yesterday and they held up pretty good. Cleaned and looking barely worn.

Downside is the leather has little to no plastic coating which means easier to be scratched.

IMG_8705.jpeg

bit early on the double up pair. figured they were very well received once pairs got in hand. no quality issues. etc. so figured they'd dry up a bit especially for my larger size.

I don't mind the Black Toes. It's my favorite 1 CW. I did the sail lace swap and they look good IMO.

Still have the Black Toe Highs from 2016 in good condition too. Thankfully because who knows what they're gonna do to the "re-imagined" pair. Expecting Vel-Cro closures instead of laces or something.
Got pics of the sail lace swap? Also where you order from and what length?

Not hype just a straight fire and well produced shoe. Notice no one has ANY complaints in hand or on feet? How rare is that these days
Yup it’s this. Everyone got their pairs relatively easy. Also seen some other groups on discord with people being blown away by the quality and fit.

Some people kind of stumbled into them and are legit surprised at the differences between the og lows they’re used to getting now. Also remember that back on the previous run in 15-16 a lot of people said they don’t mess with lows. The hype was all around OG Highs. The lows sat. I gifted my brother a pair of Breds I picked up for $95 that Christmas.

Dunks re-emerging has given the low more life in the past few years and a lot of the younger generation only knows one style of low, so maybe this is increasing the profile of the 85s overall. I bet the metallic blues are a tougher pickup than this scattered release.

I think I prefer this shape and cut to the 2015s. It’s a little larger shoe but the extra padding in the heel really makes it a comfy, secure fit on foot. I also think it looks better with pants than the og low because the shape is a little higher cut.

Sounds really obvious, but when I put my foot in these, the Super Low profile, shape, and material truly teleported me back to the early 80’s of peeping my Pop’s swag, family reunions at Prospect Park, and hitting up local sneaker shops for Summer Kicks on Nostrand Ave! Never had the HI’s, but these lows are 🔥

(Photo ‘81 🕊️🙏🏾)
IMG_9789.jpeg

Tried 10.5 and 11.. could get away with the 10.5 but I don't find these to be TTS. My OG lows in a 10.5 have way more give. Doubled up and considering letting go of the OG lows. I still kind of like the NG 21 pair so I'm going back and forth. That said.. 85s are :nthat:

charmcitykid charmcitykid .. sucks you feel that way, but I get it. I got two and one of my pairs does NOT have the toe rand issue. Maybe I got lucky..

Tried 10.5 and 11.. could get away with the 10.5 but I don't find these to be TTS. My OG lows in a 10.5 have way more give. Doubled up and considering letting go of the OG lows. I still kind of like the NG 21 pair so I'm going back and forth. That said.. 85s are :nthat:

charmcitykid charmcitykid .. sucks you feel that way, but I get it. I got two and one of my pairs does NOT have the toe rand issue. Maybe I got lucky..
Yeah I went with an 11 when I previously had to wear a 10.5 cause the 11 heel slip was extreme on the og lows. If it’s not a full half size difference it’s somewhere in between but I get a great fit on the 85s TTS.

Back
Top Bottom