Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

Don't know if this was already posted, but partial restock at Basketmania:

http://www.basketmania.co.uk/en/shoes/2482-air-jordan-xi.html

Basketmania is kinda iffy. I ordered a pair of Bred XIII's from them for basically 200 shipped. They didn't respond for a few days and when they did they said they were moving to a new server and that they would need extra $ to ship to USA. I ignored/forgot about them thinking they would just cancel my order (got another pair through FNL) but a few days later I got a shipping confirmation. I was worried there would be some delivery charge when they were dropped off, but I just got my pair today and there were no extra fees or customs that I can tell so far. Just a warning, but the shoes were on point.

What's the best way to ship a pair of sneakers in everyone's opinion (cost + reliability/quickness)? Is anyone loyal to a particular service (UPS, FedEx, USPS) and if so why?  I always use UPS, but wanted to get some other opinions - sending my brother my extra pair of Breds tomorrow and might try another shipping service.
i have a UPS store around the corner from me and that is who i use. they provide tracking number with receipt. 

Is mental kicks a good source? They have these up for $249
No...Mental Kicks is wack as hell. Do some research. Hit up you tube. If you want that early release, non authorized BS, then go ahead and cop from them. Need further proof? They have a full size run of Space Jams with soles that arent yellowed at all.

No...Mental Kicks is wack as hell. Do some research. Hit up you tube. If you want that early release, non authorized BS, then go ahead and cop from them. Need further proof? They have a full size run of Space Jams with soles that arent yellowed at all.

Good looking out

From first hand personal experience on Christmas 2011 with Mental Kicks, I advise to stay away as well.

I shipped a pair today, USPS priority mail and delivery confirmation comes with it automatically.

I've probably sold 40 pairs of shoes and USPS has never had a problem.
what do you end up paying USPS Priority per pair (with your own packaging - just for shipping and tracking)?  I've always used UPS - I'll give USPS though...

what do you end up paying USPS Priority per pair (with your own packaging - just for shipping and tracking)?  I've always used UPS - I'll give USPS though...

I've sold maybe 160-180 shoes, internationally also all with USPS Priority mail, never had a package lost. (Knock on wood)

For me, eastcoast is $8-9 and westcoast is $11-12 with my own packaging.

BTW I'm in the Midwest

Last edited:
I might try basketmania....

Why have you done the math? Shoes £189 + shipping £5 = £194 x 1.6 = $310 + 3% foreign currency charge on your credit card = $320 +$0-100 possible import tax = $320 - $420

Or you could go on eBay and buy a pair or the same price or cheaper, get the shoes faster, and not have to deal with the headache of shipping them back if they are damaged or the ship the wrong size.

CreaseWatch 2013....

today's report: Day 7 wearing 'em, minimal creasing on the side of the toebox, not very noticeable yet.  Foot not too stanky yet, minimal odor. 

oh screw it, they're gonna crease at some point. I don't care anymore bwahaha

Why have you done the math? Shoes £189 + shipping £5 = £194 x 1.6 = $310 + 3% foreign currency charge on your credit card = $320 +$0-100 possible import tax = $320 - $420

Or you could go on eBay and buy a pair or the same price or cheaper, get the shoes faster, and not have to deal with the headache of shipping them back if they are damaged or the ship the wrong size.
Wowza...it was £159 when I posted yesterday. That was a quick uptick.

CreaseWatch 2013....

today's report: Day 7 wearing 'em, minimal creasing on the side of the toebox, not very noticeable yet.  Foot not too stanky yet, minimal odor. 

oh screw it, they're gonna crease at some point. I don't care anymore bwahaha
your pants 
nthat.gif

I got some Carbon Fiber wrap that was left overs from a Dreamworks movie Chevy Camaro we are building....I'm thinking of making my Bred 11 box a custom box...what you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom