Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

Atleast cats are wearing there shoes, has anyone who has purchased any of the restocks from recently online noticed the quality being worse now or on release date. Do tell

I'm 35 years old and have always known these as "Bred" XI's. Been hearing a lot of people calling these "playoff" XI's. I'm pretty sure mj wore these throughout the 95/96 season including the playoffs so what's up with this new hype beast nickname???

I'm 35 years old and have always known these as "Bred" XI's. Been hearing a lot of people calling these "playoff" XI's. I'm pretty sure mj wore these throughout the 95/96 season including the playoffs so what's up with this new hype beast nickname???

Playoffs isn't accurate and neither is "bred". If you're old enough to remember the OG's then you'll remember people weren't too big on even calling them their numerical names. It used to be called "the black and red patent leather joints"

but bred isn't a hypebeast name?

but bred isn't a hypebeast name?

:lol:

yea bred is a name used by the younger generation. black/red patently leather 11s is what we called them. definitely arent the playoffs because he wore them during the season too. i think the real playoff XI is the low ie.

Last edited:
Since I'm not too interested in anything slated for release in the next 6 months, I thinking about either doubling up on these or dropping some more $ on a pair of Concords.  If you were to choose, which would it be?

Since I'm not too interested in anything slated for release in the next 6 months, I thinking about either doubling up on these or dropping some more $ on a pair of Concords.  If you were to choose, which would it be?
It depends on how much you like to wear XI's. 

Personally, I'd pick up both, but if you had to choose one or the other these you will get a lot more wear out of where as the concords attract dirt easier. 

It depends on how much you like to wear XI's. 

Personally, I'd pick up both, but if you had to choose one or the other these you will get a lot more wear out of where as the concords attract dirt easier. 
Actually, I want to wear my black/red 11s all of the time.  I think it would probably be best to have an extra pair on ice now that I think about it.  Thanks!

Playoffs isn't accurate and neither is "bred". If you're old enough to remember the OG's then you'll remember people weren't too big on even calling them their numerical names. It used to be called "the black and red patent leather joints"

I think that Jordan starting wearing the XI concords in the 95 playoffs against the Magic and he also wore the Space Jams in that series.

In the 95-96 season he wore the concords throughout the season and when the playoffs started he began wearing the black and red XIs and in the series against the Knicks he switched to the XIs low, which had no patten leather but this kind of crocodile skin type leather.

At least that is what I remember, I was 12 at the time, but it was my first year following the complete NBA season and what a year it was!

I remember as a kid calling them brett harts lol, and alot of ppl did call them the patent and leather jordans back in the late 90's.

I think that Jordan starting wearing the XI concords in the 95 playoffs against the Magic and he also wore the Space Jams in that series.

In the 95-96 season he wore the concords throughout the season and when the playoffs started he began wearing the black and red XIs and in the series against the Knicks he switched to the XIs low, which had no patten leather but this kind of crocodile skin type leather.

At least that is what I remember, I was 12 at the time, but it was my first year following the complete NBA season and what a year it was!

i could be wrong but i think he only did the space jams in the 95 playoffs.

he definitely wore this colorway (black and red) before the playoffs started. they came out a little before easter and i remember sitting in front of the TV with my pair on watching him play in them in the 2nd 1/2 of the season.

those were the days.... putting my jays on to watch him play :lol:

Last edited:
The blk/red XI restock on March 23 at Footaction should make some cats happy...
Just got that J23 update, will be copped.
pimp.gif

I SAW A PAIR IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC FOR A SIZE 10.5 AT ONLY A LITTLE HIGHER THA RETAIL. FOR $10,000 PESOS WHICH IS THE EQUIVALENT OF $250 US DOLLARS...

DAMN I WISH I HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY IT... IT WAS 100% LEGIT THEYHAD SOME FOAMS THERE TOO FOR RETAIL THE STORE IS IN THE MALL IN SATIAGO. LAS COLINAS I WILL DEINATELY GO CASH STRAPPED NEXT TIME SO I CAN COP ME A FEW HOT PAIRS @ RETAIL
nthat.gif

I feel bad for anyone who really overpaid after the original release :smh: .. at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more restocks after Footaction

Back
Top Bottom