Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

How is sneakerhead allowed to have a Nike account and sale only highly coveted releases for so much higher than MSRP? I've always wondered this. I thought Nike really, really shunned that.

nike doesnt care if a retailer puts the shoes double the price.now if they put it 10 dollars below the msrp then there is a problem,because it kills the competition on other stores and nike will get complaints.if a retail store puts up yeezys up for 2k nike just doesnt give a ****.why should they?someone will still buy. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
How is sneakerhead allowed to have a Nike account and sale only highly coveted releases for so much higher than MSRP? I've always wondered this. I thought Nike really, really shunned that.

nike doesnt care if a retailer puts the shoes double the price.now if they put it 10 dollars below the msrp then there is a problem,because it kills the competition on other stores and nike will get complaints.if a retail store puts up yeezys up for 2k nike just doesnt give a ****.why should they?someone will still buy. :smh: :smh: :smh:

So someone complains if the price is too low but doesn't if it's too high?

Then why doesn't FTL and everyone else try to get their profit margin up when these have released this many times through their channels?

These have been the "hottest" shoes to the general public since they came back out in December. Shouldn't EVERYONE up their price above MSRP knowing there's hoards of people outside their doors every time these have dropped in the last 3 months?

Then why doesn't FTL and everyone else try to get their profit margin up when these have released this many times through their channels?

These have been the "hottest" shoes to the general public since they came back out in December. Shouldn't EVERYONE up their price above MSRP knowing there's hoards of people outside their doors every time these have dropped in the last 3 months?

It's called competition. Stores like Finishline are not competiting for customers with online boutiques. They are competiting with Footlocker and it's companies, Nike, and other larger retailers. No executive in their right mind would push for a price increase for the same products that are being sold by their competitors at would be lower prices.

The potential profits that a large company could realize by charging even as much as $10 over MSRP would not be enough to offset the risk.

So by your logic if Finish Line made these $200 and Foot Locker had them for $190 FNL would have a ton of XIs on the shelf?

We clearly know that isn't the case. This isn't Burger King vs McDonalds. They could mark THESE up $10-$15 and make that on every single pair no questions asked what so ever. People would complain, yes, but they would still get their shoes and move on.

Man am I the only one who thinks these are uncomfortable as hell? I just UNDS mine the other day and they honestly hurt...Usually Jordan's are fine for me. Sized .5 up on em too. Might sell these but I really love the cw..

Man am I the only one who thinks these are uncomfortable as hell? I just UNDS mine the other day and they honestly hurt...Usually Jordan's are fine for me. Sized .5 up on em too. Might sell these but I really love the cw..
give them a few wears and see if it gets better. my pair never hurt but felt better after the first wear. you can also swap the insole out with another one. that would make a difference.

So by your logic if Finish Line made these $200 and Foot Locker had them for $190 FNL would have a ton of XIs on the shelf?

We clearly know that isn't the case. This isn't Burger King vs McDonalds. They could mark THESE up $10-$15 and make that on every single pair no questions asked what so ever. People would complain, yes, but they would still get their shoes and move on.

WE know that they would sale. But, executives wouldn't take the risk. It's more than just Jordan's these places are selling. These companies depend on other sales to drive their businesses as well.

XIs never felt good out of box for me on any of the releases since 01. I dunno why you're having issues with them but they'll definitely withstand the test of time once broken in.

XIs never felt good out of box for me on any of the releases since 01. I dunno why you're having issues with them but they'll definitely withstand the test of time once broken in.
Dmp xi felt good out of the box to me.

I agree I had to break in all my XI's, they kill my feet at first
But after a few wears they fell much better.

Also, the minute a major retailer raises their price, nike will corner the market. Remember, nike is the supplier and the retailer. They could lower their prices without it being a huge blow. This is the scenario if a big firm raises prices:

Nike will lower their prices, amp up production, and limit the pairs they ship to retailers. Nike is smart, they would do it just enough to keep consumer leagues and others from getting DoJ involved.

give them a few wears and see if it gets better. my pair never hurt but felt better after the first wear. you can also swap the insole out with another one. that would make a difference.
absolutely, it took like 3 or 4 wears before they before mine got real comfortable. really likin them now!

I used to think the same thing too, but there's a store here in Chicago that does the same thing. They sold these for $350-$500 depending on who you knew. They handle all releases like that, they had yeezys on rd for $1600.

grabbed a pair on release date and got a second pair through a shoe palace raffle this past saturday. Now I gotta find someone that wants to trade a pair of concords for them.

2012 will stay DS till my 01's fall apart, but I don't see that happening for a long time..2012's are like a sad attempt at recreating the originals..Congrats to all that wanted them and got them tho..

^^^
Frowned upon, yes. But they don't stop them.

My buddy had a Nike account. As long as he Purchased X amount per month, they kept his account active.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But he had to purchase, like $10k a month to keep his account active. And he had to buy all types of Jordan's ie cp3, melo and other team Jordan's. If he didn't purchase the minimum, he'd risk losing his account
No where near the truth! Maybe, for newer account but I know plenty of MOM and POP's who get smaller runs and fewer non retro models. But I do know that awhile back that Nike tried to flood alot of smaller retailers with crazy stuff, i guess as a test or something but alot of them are still standing.

They have different types of accounts. I think one of them is called an "energy" account or something like that and are allowed to get smaller batches. I've never had many connects who actually owned accounts just kinda learned/heard through the grapevine.

So someone complains if the price is too low but doesn't if it's too high?

lol.maybe you didnt understand what i said.if we both have two retail accounts(stores) and we re selling the same product me for 200 you for 100 you re going to complain to nike why i keep such a high price?you will sell them much faster than me.simple as that.overpricing isnt a problem for anyone(except us buyers of course).lowering the msrp is.and thats not an opinion,its nike policy(here in europe) that i already discussed with 2-3 retailers plus a nike employee.

Back
Top Bottom