Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

Wore my 01's last week and my CDP have yet to be worn, don't know if I need these but we'll see!!

Let me guess, you're not a fan of FNL? 
laugh.gif
  You are right though, their new website is terrible.  Just make sure you go to their site early as they dropped the Bred IV well before 8 am EST.  I didn't follow the GMP thread too closely but was there a lot of people who won the FNL raffle and weren't able to secure their pair through them at the actual retail stores?  I'm going to use FNL.com as my back up plan but will definitely try nikestore.com and Footlocker.com first as there is a lower order cancellation rate with those guy. 
LOL naw they just got me today, on the "guaranteed" sz 11 Concords they let slip last Wednesday.  Totally canceled and just gave those same exact excuses I posted.  Hoping to get these blk/red XI's through one of the many RSVP/Raffles.  I kind of like knowing whether I got them or not so I know how hard I will have to try on line. 

Countdown is on to Dec 21!

if you dont have og or 2001 retros then I guess. I passed on a FSR from a mom and pop so those who need them can get them at retail.

LOL naw they just got me today, on the "guaranteed" sz 11 Concords they let slip last Wednesday.  Totally canceled and just gave those same exact excuses I posted.  Hoping to get these blk/red XI's through one of the many RSVP/Raffles.  I kind of like knowing whether I got them or not so I know how hard I will have to try on line. 

Countdown is on to Dec 21!
Sucks man. I remember seeing their twitter say they were going to honor those "leaked" pairs from last week. Did you call them up and see if they would do anything? My guess is they didn't do JACK. Their customer service is extremely rude as well. I called them up to apply my WC $20 rewards on the IV's the Tuesday or Wednesday after release and they had the nerve to tell me they couldn't do it. They had to check with their manager and had the audacity to tell me i'm suppose to do that 24 hours after purchase. I told her I would have but each time I called their wait time was over 30 mins. To get to her that day, I waited 55 mins on hold listening to the instrumental to "call me maybe." 
mad.gif

My boy said they got about 3 size runs on these, that's about average, about as much as Oly 6(but with the hype on these, this concerns me) also said that he didn't know if they were getting any more or not, just an FYI...also doing a raffle...

A few pages back, someone posted that you must have a rewards card with his local store, I'd really like this if FTL gave platinum members first dibs, weed out the beasts and give the true heads a better shot...

even if the quality nor the box aren't like the OGs.. I'm still looking forward to purchasing.. Like an EKIN told me when I visited the Nike Campus in Oregon "I don't know why people cry about the box, you don't wear the box".

ive always been curious about this..

did the OG Breds come with that box above, or that orange/black box? I've seen some show off thier OG breds and its the orange/black box of the 90s era. I know for a fact the Jordan XI IE that came towards the end of the 95-96 season was the black/orange box. and all it says is Air Jordan Low, I know because my folks bought it for me. but my OGs i bought from a friend never got to see the "ACTUAL" box.

since everyone is on the topic of boxes lol

Last edited:
Back to the box talk?

NikeTalk.. I thought we were better than this. I thought we had put this behind us..

ive always been curious about this..
did the OG Breds come with that box above, or that orange/black box? I've seen some show off thier OG breds and its the orange/black box of the 90s era. I know for a fact the Jordan XI IE that came towards the end of the 95-96 season was the black/orange box. and all it says is Air Jordan Low, I know because my folks bought it for me. but my OGs i bought from a friend never got to see the "ACTUAL" box.
since everyone is on the topic of boxes lol

The short answer is both. The Concord and Columbia XI featured the Grey/Black box and the Black/Red XI was produced at a change in box styles/factory locations/production dates. Thus, different boxes and even a few with a different Jumpman stitching process on the heel. My OG's are in the Black Nike box...always liked the Black/Grey, ha! I wanted a different box back then even!

What is wrong with people wanting nice things? That's not a sissy thing to do.
That's called NORMAL.

Imagine, they release these in the special box for 3 years then they hike the price
this year and remove the special box? People will still buy them yes, but does that
seem cool to anyone in any perspective?

Stop acting like it's UNTHINKABLE why people want the special box. We will take
what we can get. I know the box doesn't matter since the shoes is what we need.
But cmon, if you can choose between the special box and garbage bag at the same
price, you know what you'll do.

Stop pretending to be "above this" issue and dissing the people that care about
where their money goes. It's not like we're getting BETTER QUALITY shoes at this
point so that's bad about wanting a good looking box that was provided prior? It's
ok not to care, but JB has been stepping all over us for so long and still people
will defend these cost cutting methods? They removed the box AND STILL hiked
the price. :x

Are you guys seriously defending this by closing your eyes and just taking this in
the butt while making fun of people who realize what's happening? :lol:

Last edited:
What is wrong with people wanting nice things? That's not a sissy thing to do.
That's called NORMAL.
Imagine, they release these in the special box for 3 years then they hike the price
this year and remove the special box? People will still buy them yes, but does that
seem cool to anyone in any perspective?
Stop acting like it's UNTHINKABLE why people want the special box. We will take
what we can get. I know the box doesn't matter since the shoes is what we need.
But cmon, if you can choose between the special box and garbage bag at the same
price, you know what you'll do.
Stop pretending to be "above this" issue and dissing the people that care about
where their money goes. It's not like we're getting BETTER QUALITY shoes at this
point so that's bad about wanting a good looking box that was provided prior? It's
ok not to care, but JB has been stepping all over us for so long and still people
will defend these cost cutting methods? They removed the box AND STILL hiked
the price. :x
Are you guys seriously defending this by closing your eyes and just taking this in
the butt?

How many pages and posts in this thread are about the damn box?

I would say that there should be that many pages and posts in here about the quality of the shoes, but all you people care about are what box these come in? Foreal? :x

I'm all for getting what you pay for.. but really, are you paying for the box? You said it yourself that it's the shoes that we need / want.

The problem is, we can't choose what box. Jordan brand is giving us the standard box to cut costs most likely to balance out the massive amounts of these they're producing, and increase profit. Whining for countless pages and posts about the box that these come in or aren't coming in isn't going to change anything. It's just going to make this thread that much more of a broken record.

Not closing my eyes. Simply realizing that there's nothing we can do about it, and the sad part is that all we can do is take it in the butt. We're all the poor kids on the corner begging the hand that feeds for another serving of food, even if it's cold and stale. No point in stressing / posting constantly about something that we can't even change anymore. (As if we could from the start) Production is over. They're in their boxes, shipping out and things are underway. All these posts are just echoes of whining little girls who want a prettier box for their make up to come in. We all want the shoes coming out, and if you want the special box so damn bad just go buy them from a fake site. I hear they have the special box that everyone wants.

If you're going to constantly whine and complain about something, please make it something like "Why are the prices going up, but quality isn't taking a big step up at all?" or "Why aren't there more retros that we want to see being released?" or even "Why can't we get shoes in the OG molds or with ACTUAL correct colors at least, instead of crappy Infrared and 'Fire Red' that looks like Varsity Red?". Do this about something IMPORTANT, not a box.

:smh:

as usual JB cutting corners again.. first 3M, metal tips now up the price by 5 bucks and we get this?? Come on!! Larry Miller!!

Boxes used to be great and kill the ones they give us now...so yes, its worth talking bout the box...its whats included when you buy the shoe..y'all keep settling ...that's why they keep producing crap y'all happy to buy

How many pages and posts in this thread are about the damn box?
I would say that there should be that many pages and posts in here about the quality of the shoes, but all you people care about are what box these come in? Foreal? :x
I'm all for getting what you pay for.. but really, are you paying for the box? You said it yourself that it's the shoes that we need / want.
The problem is, we can't choose what box. Jordan brand is giving us the standard box to cut costs most likely to balance out the massive amounts of these they're producing, and increase profit. Whining for countless pages and posts about the box that these come in or aren't coming in isn't going to change anything. It's just going to make this thread that much more of a broken record.
Not closing my eyes. Simply realizing that there's nothing we can do about it, and the sad part is that all we can do is take it in the butt. We're all the poor kids on the corner begging the hand that feeds for another serving of food, even if it's cold and stale. No point in stressing / posting constantly about something that we can't even change anymore. (As if we could from the start) Production is over. They're in their boxes, shipping out and things are underway. All these posts are just echoes of whining little girls who want a prettier box for their make up to come in. We all want the shoes coming out, and if you want the special box so damn bad just go buy them from a fake site. I hear they have the special box that everyone wants.
If you're going to constantly whine and complain about something, please make it something like "Why are the prices going up, but quality isn't taking a big step up at all?" or "Why aren't there more retros that we want to see being released?" or even "Why can't we get shoes in the OG molds or with ACTUAL correct colors at least, instead of crappy Infrared and 'Fire Red' that looks like Varsity Red?". Do this about something IMPORTANT, not a box.
:smh:

We ARE actually paying for the box. I mean, I'll be good with a plastic bag as long as it's cheaper and
the shoes are good. But that's not the case right. And this is the first time I've talked about this. I just
got fed up of people accepting it. Just because we can't change things doesn't mean we can't talk about
it. It's a friggin forum bro. That mentality is why JB gets to cross us and we're smiling all gigly and happy.
STILL THANKFUL.

"Since I can't change the fact I'm ok with it" isn't really a good way to carry on with your life brother. This will
be the last time I talk about the box since there seems to be a quota. It's like you guys feel like not talking
about it will make it better. :smh:

We ARE actually paying for the box. I mean, I'll be good with a plastic bag as long as it's cheaper and
the shoes are good. But that's not the case right. And this is the first time I've talked about this. I just
got fed up of people accepting it. Just because we can't change things doesn't mean we can't talk about
it. It's a friggin forum bro. That mentality is why JB gets to cross us and we're smiling all gigly and happy.
STILL THANKFUL.
"Since I can't change the fact I'm ok with it" isn't really a good way to carry on with your life brother. This will
be the last time I talk about the box since there seems to be a quota. It's like you guys feel like not talking
about it will make it better.
mean.gif
^^ WORD, its our prerogative to rant! Tats what a forum is for..

STILL THANKFUL.
about it will make it better.
mean.gif
STRAIGHT! People need to recognize that JB cuts back a little every year and increases the price slightly. Over 3-4 years that's a HUGE difference. Increase on price but a **** box?? I'm boycotting these. They're slapping their loyal consumers in the face...

Good lord people. Its a box. Yea it sucks that it isnt like the recent XI boxes but still, is a box really going to deter yall from buying the shoes, which are the actual product? No? JB doesnt think so either. Smh

Anyway, back to the shoe. For those of yall that copped early, how do they fit? Are they stiff like last years concords? I have the '01 breds which feel like pillows from all the cushion as well as last years concords which feel like clogs and murder my pinkey toe. I'm debating if i should cop to keep these or trade/sell based on the comfort because i still wear my 01 pair which is still fresh

Last edited:
Now I know if I ever sells shoes to fellow NT'ers, I'll just put em in a plastic bag, bubble wrap it, and slap a shipping sticker on it.

About 3 more weeks to go.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom