Official Air Jordan 13 Retro Thread

Way too many lol
I realized more than a decade ago that I needed to just stick to OG colorways, other than rare exceptions here and there. For the most part, I've always done that. Does wonders for your wallet and closet space, and even then I end up with way too many shoes. Beyond that, I just don't have any connection to all of these random retro + colorways they produce. I like having stuff I had originally, or that I was around for originally but didn't get. That's the entire appeal to me with retros. If I wanted, say, a gray and purple shoe, I'd find a gray and purple shoe I like that stands on its own. I don't want a gray and purple Air Jordan 6. I get why some do, and that's cool. Just not the way I get enjoyment out of this hobby.

IMG_20190227_190751.jpg
IMG_20190227_190746.jpg
IMG_20190227_190735.jpg
IMG_20190227_190731.jpg

March 23 @j23app

I realized more than a decade ago that I needed to just stick to OG colorways, other than rare exceptions here and there. For the most part, I've always done that. Does wonders for your wallet and closet space, and even then I end up with way too many shoes. Beyond that, I just don't have any connection to all of these random retro + colorways they produce. I like having stuff I had originally, or that I was around for originally but didn't get. That's the entire appeal to me with retros. If I wanted, say, a gray and purple shoe, I'd find a gray and purple shoe I like that stands on its own. I don't want a gray and purple Air Jordan 6. I get why some do, and that's cool. Just not the way I get enjoyment out of this hobby.
I only collect(ed) 13s. Always been my favorite model.
Just wanted to catch them all, but looking long term, I have to throw in the towel.
All other models I buy to wear or use for trade.
With the last few years of JB properly retroing OGs, it makes it even easier to let go of the collecting aspect of a single model.
I like a lot of variety also with anything Nike/JB related, so its not like I’ll buy less.
I just won’t feel like I have to buy it for collective sake when I don’t want it.
Which to me is the whole deal.
It’s not the money or space, it’s the feeling of I have to have that to “complete” something.

Back
Top Bottom