Official Air Jordan 20 Thread (Black/White - Cool Grey 6/6/2015 $220)

One of my favorite sneakers to hoop in. At one point I had to cut the lace cover strap off because the Velcro wasn't sticky anymore. These were dumb comfortable.
I actually glued the strap on with crazy glue since it wouldn't stick at all after a while :lol:
They were my beater hoop shoes, so I didn't really care

I can't wait to see official pics of these, I always wanted them but being 13-14 when they released I just couldn't get them....but I do remember begging my mama to get me those Carlina blue 20s off eastbay when they went on sale for like $130

We good I hit him with the Infamous Chris Tucker gif he prolly shook right now

Haha I accept defeat but I still think this shoe is trash.. I think I'm prettt salty about the lack of a retro XVI & XVII though. Oh well, to each his own.

OG's today

I'm def buying the retro's next year
nthat.gif
def nice on feet with the pants

Because people like them. A better question is why did you come in this thread just to make a troll post? :rolleyes

I should've said "why are they retroing these before the XVI and XVIIs?" Sans CDP, those deserve a proper retro treatment as MJ actually wore them (along with the XVIIIs and FBIs) but JB is deciding to retro the XXs 1st (which I have already said I don't like). My question was also asking if these were supposedly be some sort of 10th anniversary release, which I should've clarified.

Last edited:
There is no rhyme or reason to most of JBs retros besides it being an anniversary year for the shoe to release or to commerate something

Last edited:
There is no rhyme or reason to most of JBs retros besides it being an anniversary year for the shoe to release or to commerate something
You wouldnt think so. Everything plays a role... EVERYTHING. Pay attention to T Shirts, bags, etc..... All info is in those MONTHS ahead.... people are waiting for sneaker info/colors/models.... its all right in front of you. 

Retros do throw me off from time to time, but when you look at the whole big picture, it makes sense.

You wouldnt think so. Everything plays a role... EVERYTHING. Pay attention to T Shirts, bags, etc..... All info is in those MONTHS ahead.... people are waiting for sneaker info/colors/models.... its all right in front of you. 

Retros do throw me off from time to time, but when you look at the whole big picture, it makes sense.

Then how does retroing XXs before XVI-XVIIIs make sense? Jordan wore those and yet JB is pretty much ignoring them altogether.

Yeah I know that I'm just talking about in terms of retro models unless I missed the point of your post :lol:

If these are the same quality of the original XX's that released than I will definitely buy.  The originals are comfy.

the black 20's where one of the better marquee yearly released shoes to come out

but why retro the 20's ?

Last edited:
I should've said "why are they retroing these before the XVI and XVIIs?" Sans CDP, those deserve a proper retro treatment as MJ actually wore them (along with the XVIIIs and FBIs) but JB is deciding to retro the XXs 1st (which I have already said I don't like). My question was also asking if these were supposedly be some sort of 10th anniversary release, which I should've clarified.
Gawd why am I in the minority thinking 16-19 was the worst period for Jordans[emoji]8265[/emoji]️ 20s brought some life back to JB the white and black pair and these stealths as well. Absolute flame back then.

Gawd why am I in the minority thinking 16-19 was the worst period for Jordans[emoji]8265[/emoji]️ 20s brought some life back to JB the white and black pair and these stealths as well. Absolute flame back then.
16-19 are all great to me. better than 11s imo. I know no one will agree with that though lol. the worst period for jordans is 22-present. a lot of people like  23s but they were terrible imo. I wish they weren't number 23 because I'm interested to see if they would have gotten the same response if they weren't his jersey number. I have a strong suspicion they wouldn't....

It probably was loosely based on the fact that it's the 30th anniversary. they are doing a few shoes with the 30th anny lasering as well as bringing out a few of the old lasering (20s, dub zeros, 4s I believe). idk I'm sure it has to do with the 30th anny, they are bringing out some 10s, 20s, and the 30. sort of a pattern there

^^ lol man I don't even consider anything after 23,, n they had that one extra limited colorway that essentially drove that model.

I think the stealth is the best of all the XX colorways I've seen, but I hate the ankle strap...so ridiculously gimmicky, as a performance shoe at the time, what did a velcro strap give the wearer of the shoe? It was literally a piece of material with a velcro underside wrapped around the upper portion of your ankle..where's the stability in that? joint looks like a halo :lol:

Just thought this shoe was a bit gimmicky, but other than that, but I digress...this is one of the best XX color ways.

Last edited:
I think the stealth is the best of all the XX colorways I've seen, but I hate the ankle strap...so ridiculously gimmicky, as a performance shoe at the time, what did a velcro strap give the wearer of the shoe? It was literally a piece of material with a velcro underside wrapped around the upper portion of your ankle..where's the stability in that? joint looks like a halo
laugh.gif

Just thought this shoe was a bit gimmicky, but other than that, but I digress...this is one of the best XX color ways.
it was mainly a style aspect of the design. it gives nothing if not connected to the tab. it actually can pinch you and be very bothersome if you don't connect it. when connected it gives a bit of extra support. it is gimmicky but it's not completely useless either. I don't think they were going as much for performance with the strap vs a unique design

But damn tho, who started that rumor that 23s was pose to be the last JB sig model?

Back
Top Bottom