Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

air-jordan-2012-media-launch-part-2-41.jpg
  Return of the Carmines?

Originally Posted by gentry187

Originally Posted by kingofny04

In other news the Nike iD possibilities will be the most offered compared to any other shoe ever featured on the site. You can pick the sole from solid to transculent, the upper from suede, leather or another texture which slipped my mind. You can even choose the Flywire coloring, speckle options and your choice of insole and bootie. Definitely look out for that.

When I was messing with the ID options I noticed they had a bunch of classic JB color options (fire red, military blue, true blue, aqua, etc). The tongue had no white option though. And the jumpan on the tongue only had three options (white, fire red, aqua). Clear soles were only available in three options as well (clear, electric green, aqua).

I was debating making a classic inspired shoe but I just made a Knicks version
laugh.gif

Not going to pull any punches... The 223 price tag is highly prohibitive, but the Navy ASG joints are pretty 
pimp.gif
IMO.  Haven't caved on a numbered JB model since the 23, but this may just be the one.  Caro blues, and even YOTD are ok, but I really like the dark nature of the navy with the materials used and the white midsole... Just a solid and clean CW that will work both casually and on court.  I am curious to know how many people are copping for collection, resell/trade, casual, or strictly balling purposes...Guessing we will see em on UNC and possibly even G'town tonight.

I got the grey/volt pair because I couldn't pass up on the price. When I can get the uni blue/grey pair on sale/discounted I will cop them, I like them them the best of the two.

Really want the YOTD but hear they'll be pretty limited.

Originally Posted by ijapino

My pairs so far....Wolf Greys should be here tomorrow.
Can you comment on the feel / fit / comparison to other previous numbered Jordans in recent years?  Do you plan on rocking these or just stocking at this point?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Not going to pull any punches... The 223 price tag is highly prohibitive, but the Navy ASG joints are pretty 
pimp.gif
IMO.  Haven't caved on a numbered JB model since the 23, but this may just be the one.  Caro blues, and even YOTD are ok, but I really like the dark nature of the navy with the materials used and the white midsole... Just a solid and clean CW that will work both casually and on court.  I am curious to know how many people are copping for collection, resell/trade, casual, or strictly balling purposes...Guessing we will see em on UNC and possibly even G'town tonight.
haven't seen the gtown version but have heard there is one. whether or not the players actually wear them is another thing.

Can you comment on the feel / fit / comparison to other previous numbered Jordans in recent years?  Do you plan on rocking these or just stocking at this point?
I'll wear 'em for sure....But maybe not on the court. I have this weird superstition that if you wear Jordans on court you have to live up to some expected legacy. I play basketball on a weekly basis and I can hold my own, but I'm not as great as the shoes say I should be...lol.

As far as the fit goes...I think they're extremely comfortable. I definitely prefer the lower fit sleeve than the higher cut. Last year I bounced back and forth between the Quick and Explosive midsoles but so far I'm liking the Air (combo unit) in the 2012's.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

pimp.gif
haven't seen the gtown version but have heard there is one. whether or not the players actually wear them is another thing.
I hope we see these on the court but Gtown and UNC always seem to wear the horrible team shoes .. rarely any heat.

^^^ Would be all over a G'town colorway.  That would be awesome.  Minus grey,that Blue ASG CW could almost pass as Hoya CW.  Either way, I am sure YOTD will be gone in a flash and anything else deemed limited will be pretty quick to go as well.  Not so sure, some of the GRs on disco down the road may not be the best play.  However, how many of the blue/white, black/white, and red/white CWs of the 2011 ended up in outlets?? Blue/white was pretty tough to get if I remember correctly.

I kind of want some of these to hoop in. If only I didn't have to buy them and I could just try them on for a pick up game or two. I think I'll wait for them to reach the outlets.

the i.d.s are so sick. but the wolf greys are nice too. i can't decide. The black/red color way looks nice I like the high bootie detail on the strap.

Gtown wearing the Wolf Greys tonight. Musberger is doing the game and he starts mentioning that the Hoyas are wearing the new Jordan 2012s tonight and the camera man focuses on the one single numnut from Gtwon who didn't wear the shoe... I was like damnit!!!!!

Originally Posted by mjpit23

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

pimp.gif
I hope we see these on the court but Gtown and UNC always seem to wear the horrible team shoes .. rarely any heat.

devil.gif

420481_321000877952484_113589525360288_964173_284779990_n.jpg

ijapino, can you comment on the general sizing of these, particularly the width? Is it similar to the 2011's (or any other numbered Jordan) by chance? Thank you in advance!!

Wow the pairs with Nu buck look so smooth jumping on a blk red Id pair using that material for sue

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Not sure the Wolf Grey Volts or Ids?

i could be wrong.. but i think i read earlier that only a few "deluxe" version will come out and the wolf grey and carolina colors are two of them... id otn think the ids will have all the full accessories... i copped the wolf greys deluxe version off deadstockshoe for two reason. Price 160 and bc the grey shoe has endless possibilites. I can put all different booties in these

Originally Posted by mjpit23

Gtown wearing the Wolf Greys tonight. Musberger is doing the game and he starts mentioning that the Hoyas are wearing the new Jordan 2012s tonight and the camera man focuses on the one single numnut from Gtwon who didn't wear the shoe... I was like damnit!!!!!

I caught that too

I was confused

Carolina has theirs on now

air-jordan-2012-unc-tar-heels-pe.jpg

The personalization is a nice touch

Originally Posted by jetta23

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

deadstockshoes.com $160 in the wolf greys right now

is this site legit? I havent dealt with them before

Yeah, very legit.

Just make sure you pay attention to the ship date, and it can change unannounced. Also they aren't the best with communication.

Originally Posted by jetta23

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

deadstockshoes.com $160 in the wolf greys right now

is this site legit? I havent dealt with them before
very legit like dude said above, just bad communication thats all. They tend to have a lot of shoes 20-50 cheaper than eastbay etc.

I am pumped for these! I think I'm gonna buy an ID color to ball in. I think I'll go with the Fly Over and ankle brace option.

Back
Top Bottom