Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by jtag

i think the very early stuff on the AJ2012 had the fly around zoom forefoot + heel. not sure why they took out the forefoot but i guess they wanted to emphasize the fly around as a court-feel type of insole.

I was disappointed that theforefoot zoom appeared to be scraped on those. Probably to cut costs. I didn't even bother trying that setup because I assumed there was nothing in the forefoot. Can those of you that have these chime in on the around insole? Does it feel like there is zoom in the forefoot? Nike I'd says zoom heel and Lunar forefoot

Those Gtown's are SO nice. On the hunt for a pair, they would look good with my Gtown XX2's.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

i think the very early stuff on the AJ2012 had the fly around zoom forefoot + heel. not sure why they took out the forefoot but i guess they wanted to emphasize the fly around as a court-feel type of insole.

I was disappointed that theforefoot zoom appeared to be scraped on those. Probably to cut costs. I didn't even bother trying that setup because I assumed there was nothing in the forefoot. Can those of you that have these chime in on the around insole? Does it feel like there is zoom in the forefoot? Nike I'd says zoom heel and Lunar forefoot
I was so surprised too when i saw just zoom in the heel on the earlier stuff. Now it's listing zoom in the forefoot. I'd be interested in lunar forefoot zoom heel, however nothing ever mentioned lunar. I'm going to try this setup Sunday at my ball game. Hopefully someone can try it out before then.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

I was so surprised too when i saw just zoom in the heel on the earlier stuff. Now it's listing zoom in the forefoot. I'd be interested in lunar forefoot zoom heel, however nothing ever mentioned lunar. I'm going to try this setup Sunday at my ball game. Hopefully someone can try it out before then.

I think early leaked pics showed the around had the heel zoom and forefoot dot of zoom not a full unit. Too bad they didn't do a full length zoom option

these didnt release in Australia, so had to get them off Ebay.

ended up paying $255 USD for them, which isnt too bad considering the Grey/Volt deluxe pack sells for $280 here in Australia !

i will definitely pick up the Grey/volts when they hit the outlets here in Australia.

I bought this shoe, cause i actually like them !

Originally Posted by Vuey

these didnt release in Australia, so had to get them off Ebay.

ended up paying $255 USD for them, which isnt too bad considering the Grey/Volt deluxe pack sells for $280 here in Australia !

i will definitely pick up the Grey/volts when they hit the outlets here in Australia.

I bought this shoe, cause i actually like them !

well done, mate:smile:

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I want to NikeID a pair to hoop in, any reviews on this shoe?

check the sneaker reviews section, I saw a couple in there. 
I think these are great for hooping, thinking about pulling the trigger on the volts for $200 on ebay.

Is that a good price? or should I wait

Well, finally pulled the trigger on the YotDs
laugh.gif
Got a pair off eBay last night shipped for under NYC retail + tax. I'll take pics once they come in, because these are getting worn.

It looks like everyone that wanted one finally ended up buying a pair of YOTD. I didn't like the way the 2012s looked on the first pictures, but once more and more stuff came out I really got behind the concept.

Still refuse to buy these shoes unless there is a colorway released that lacks the obnoxiously sized Jumpman on the sides.
I still don't understand why they had to place that logo in such an obscene fashion. A Jumpman at the tongue would have sufficed.

Besides, I remember JB having stated during the release of the 23s and onward that they're looking to minimize the actual branding and instead having the overall design and look of the shoes speak for themselves. In other words, having the shoes be recognized as the flagship signature Jordans without using all too many logos.

This shoe goes totally opposite of that direction.

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

Still refuse to buy these shoes unless there is a colorway released that lacks the obnoxiously sized Jumpman on the sides.
I still don't understand why they had to place that logo in such an obscene fashion. A Jumpman at the tongue would have sufficed.

Besides, I remember JB having stated during the release of the 23s and onward that they're looking to minimize the actual branding and instead having the overall design and look of the shoes speak for themselves. In other words, having the shoes be recognized as the flagship signature Jordans without using all too many logos.

Brand and logo's are everything is business. To assume JB would minimize there log is stretching it. I agree they implied they wanted to mimimize the logo but I knew
they would never do it. 

You actually remind me of a old marketing professor I had in collecge many years ago. The guy hated logos and corporate branding. He would remove the
names and logos off his cars, the labels from his clothes, the name on his glasses and anything identifying anything he owned. In his opinion he was not a billboard for greedy corporations.  
sick.gif

Still on the hunt for the Tinkers. Called near every Niketown in the US today and no one had any sz 13's.
There were no sz 13's on the Bay either. Didn't realize these were so limited.

Originally Posted by gpsandhu4

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I want to NikeID a pair to hoop in, any reviews on this shoe?

check the sneaker reviews section, I saw a couple in there. 
I think these are great for hooping, thinking about pulling the trigger on the volts for $200 on ebay.

Is that a good price? or should I wait

might want to check out UTA $170 SHIPPED

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Still on the hunt for the Tinkers. Called near every Niketown in the US today and no one had any sz 13's.
There were no sz 13's on the Bay either. Didn't realize these were so limited.

Where there any size 14's?

Has anyone that's ordered IDs gotten their shoes (or a shipping notification) yet?  I know it says 3-4 weeks typically for leadtime but just curious....

Am thinking size 1/2 up , like most KDs, Lebrons, and Kobes is probably right here.  The bootie on the 11 makes it a snug fit with elites for me.  Going to stick with 11.5 like i have been for most stuff recently.  Wish we could get a sniff of GU and MU PEs.....

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

Brand and logo's are everything is business. To assume JB would minimize there log is stretching it. I agree they implied they wanted to mimimize the logo but I knew
they would never do it. 

You actually remind me of a old marketing professor I had in collecge many years ago. The guy hated logos and corporate branding. He would remove the
names and logos off his cars, the labels from his clothes, the name on his glasses and anything identifying anything he owned. In his opinion he was not a billboard for greedy corporations.  
sick.gif

The professor should have just bought generic, then. But I do agree, the marketing of Jordan Brand just uses huge, oversized hideous logos (makes it look like a team shoe), which completely turned me off from buying these shoes this go round. The 2011s dookie all over these this year.

Just bought the volts for a total of 162 after taxes, really happy i got em for that price and these look great in person

the beautiful thing is that since there is no volt color on the shoe the sleeves have a number of possiblities. look forward to do an id

Back
Top Bottom