Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Do you remember the whole spacejam fiasco? What if there was an overrun of materials from the 2011 release? Slap a new heel tab (because the old tabs are yellowed) and a 2013 manufacture date. Call them what you want. The mold, materials exude 2011. It's all a price test, which it will pass.

That's pretty cynical to believe that Nike will take 2 year old leftovers that are only partially finished, let them sit for that long, and slap a fake manufacture date on them. The only thing that has even sparked this 2011 talk is because the sole has Jordan on it. As we've seen pretty consistently, they distinguish retros from each other. The only way to distinguish this one from the 1994 version (and OG's) is with the sole. It doesn't seem like a huge conspiracy to me. However, if they were trying to pass leftover 2 year old product off as brand new, I'd be livid.

That's pretty cynical to believe that Nike will take 2 year old leftovers that are only partially finished, let them sit for that long, and slap a fake manufacture date on them. The only thing that has even sparked this 2011 talk is because the sole has Jordan on it. As we've seen pretty consistently, they distinguish retros from each other. The only way to distinguish this one from the 1994 version (and OG's) is with the sole. It doesn't seem like a huge conspiracy to me. However, if they were trying to pass leftover 2 year old product off as brand new, I'd be livid.
A video that compared the 2011 and 2013 models, the guy who was doing the review said the leather was a little different

Oh they're clearly from different runs, that much is obvious but people still keep talking on here like they're getting MJ's dirty drawers smeared in their faces while $200 is taken out of their hands.

Look, I can understand why someone would pass, but the vitriol for this company/subsidiary has become irrational. They're in a no-win position with a lot of people. Most of these same people will try for a pair too, which says it all about how many people are really THAT unhappy with the company and the products. Not enough to make a dent. There's this misconception on this forum that sneakers are a niche market. The reality is that it's one of the most mass produced, generic hobbies to ever get involved with in the first place!! To really make Jordan Brand step it up is to cut their sales by hundred(s) of millions of dollars, when in reality their sales have been going up by close to that much each year. It's a juggernaut that won't go back down for at least another half decade or more.

Anybody have a real date yet?
Right here fam.
Here's the RD.
kikstyo-air-jordan-iii-white-cement-t-shirt-03.jpg

The only thing that has even sparked this 2011 talk is because the sole has Jordan on it. As we've seen pretty consistently, they distinguish retros from each other. The only way to distinguish this one from the 1994 version (and OG's) is with the sole.

Nope. The thicker strip and bolder lines on the "elephant print" design distinguish the re-retros from the 94 and og model.

Last edited:
Must cop, I missed the 2011. It's gonna be ridiculous trying to cop these...I'm probably gonna drop the extra $100 on a pre-release.

This is like buying an expensive shirt just because they sewed on a logo yet used the same materials as another brand with the same quality and inflated the price.
No thanks, $200 is ridiculous for a pair of shoes that were $100 a decade ago. They might not have that nike logo but I'll still stick with the 2011's.

Some of you guys act like $200 is a robbery for these.. In Europe we're paying £135 as a standard retro price (2012 4s, 7s, 9s, 11s etc) which is about equivalent to $225. We're gonna be forking out a bomb for these. I wouldn't be surprised to see about £160-£180 ($300 ish). 

will deff cop these was hoping for them to come out the 16th wit the jokers but the sooner the better i guess this will deff b a crazy release jus because of the hype of nike air deff gunna b a all night camp

I heard it will be around Mike's bday which is Feb. 17. & it's all-star weekend. Feb.2 the " year of the snake pack" is coming out. Having said all that there are several J's coming out on 2/16/13 so they may come out the following week.

im thinking allstar weekend for these ,last year was the dave white's , IMO royal ones and qs 88 3's .......

Last edited:
Come on people, making more pairs to make more money, its not about that, its about creating false hype. A false hype that only dumb people fall for. Makes their shoes have more value to them.

Nike/JB generate billions from their inventory, one single retro 3 made in 26k is not going to hurt them. What they gain is a more gullible fan base.

Complex also confirmed from JB that it's Feb 2nd, for $200, and NDC will have them.

Back
Top Bottom