Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

I am not going to read the last 6 pages, because I assume I missed nothing except stupid questions from people who don't know how to use google and people comparing **** sizes

Last edited:
It's 3:50
eek.gif
, hurry people!!!!!
mean.gif

so the lower the ping the better?
Exactly, bandwidth only plays a small role, especially when you're comparing equal bandwidths (from most Cable providers). I ran a couple tests and I guess I posted

the slower of all the tests I ran.

I'm at about 5ms
nthat.gif

so the lower the ping the better?

Exactly, bandwidth only plays a small role, especially when you're comparing equal bandwidths (from most Cable providers). I ran a couple tests and I guess I posted
the slower of all the tests I ran.

I'm at about 5ms :nthat:

View media item 253093

damn :lol:

i get around 10-13ms on ping which isnt too bad

but i dont even care about it tho because i dont see it mattering in the first place. I got good internet, its all about luck IMO

It's BOTH bandwidth and latency. pings in the teens or lower = low latency. Finding latency in 5-10ms is rare. Compare your overall metrics on the speedtest nationally and globally. I'm in the top 1% with an average ping back between 12-16 ms.
Yep I would agree BOTH are factors but you can add all the bandwith you want to your internet provider (I learned this a long time ago back when I didn't know as much about the internet)  and if your latency is high you still won't have a lot of success getting into these websites when everyone is crashing their servers. 

damn
laugh.gif

i get around 10-13ms on ping which isnt too bad

but i dont even care about it tho because i dont see it mattering in the first place. I got good internet, its all about luck IMO
This is why I always get in on the RSVP's
pimp.gif

Yep I would agree BOTH are factors but you can add all the bandwith you want to your internet provider (I learned this a long time ago back when I didn't know as much about the internet)  and if your latency is high you still won't have a lot of success getting into these websites when everyone is crashing their servers. 
I learned this when I setup my first high-speed internet setup in a remote area through a Satellite. When you use Satellite high-speed internet

you see exactly what latency is, and the importance of it.

Latency in the case of satellites was measured in the time the signal would be relayed to the satellite in space, then back down to make the request.

* I've been in programming & IT my whole life btw.

Last edited:

Getting to the link first will be the most important part. If you get the tweet before some others and their clients/browsers do, you're going to have the leg up on everyone. That's when your latency and broadband speeds kick in.

Getting to the link first will be the most important part. If you get the tweet before some others and their clients/browsers do, you're going to have the leg up on everyone. That's when your latency and broadband speeds kick in.
Yep that goes without saying...definitely need to be at the front of the line!

0ms would most likely indicate a latency lower than 1ms that has been rounded down. An actual latency of 0ms would be impossible.

cool man, probably under 0.5. good info. repped.

Honestly the most USEFUL info in this thread in the last 100 pages

Last edited:
I live in the sticks.

U guys can shove it.

My internet is cable but sucks.

Howd i get the stealth foams and two separate concord orders during that madness?

Back
Top Bottom