Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Thanks for sharing. Living vicariously.

smokin.gif
Glad to share with the NT fam. I would have been posting very differently had it not been for members here.

lmao @ all the "this is good leather "these are good quality" "these are much different that the 2011s"

I just got my pair of "88s" (they are flawless) and the only significant difference beside the 'NA' is the less padding in the ankle area.

everybody seems to be playing mind games with themselves to justify the $200 they shelled out for these.

Same crappy retro we've been getting from jb/nike for years.

i gave away my 2011s to a buddy so I figured getting these would be less than the market price of the 2011s.

so JB got me.

as a old schooler. i really hope we see those nike air black cements. Dont care that it will cause more mayhem and craze, i just dont care. simply want those. top 2 shoe for me.
I agree with you about this, I might as well go for it. I've dropped sooooo much cash (not credit cards) this past month that my girl may hide my wallet. Go big or go home right?

opened up my box and my pair came out pretty well. not perfect but not gonna nit pick cause i've seen pairs worse than mine. glad this is done, now on to the next one.

how's that insole feel?  gives it a much better feel size-wise?
It is my favorite 3rd party insole. It just slides in the shoe compared to the Spencos. The shock absorbent material covers the whole sole (unlike the ones found in the the spencos), it is $5 less, and I find them to be more comfortable.
It feels a little weird in the IVs if you are using them to fix Nike's inconsistent sizing. But in the IIIs they feel perfect. These threes are not a whole size down. I would say .75 size down. It feels a little tight (which I like) but you can either loosen the laces or wait till your shoes break in and they will be fine. I recommend these as a fix to the IIIs even if you didnt like them as a fix to the IVs.

Last edited:
lmao @ all the "this is good leather "these are good quality" "these are much different that the 2011s"

I just got my pair of "88s" (they are flawless) and the only significant difference beside the 'NA' is the less padding in the ankle area.

everybody seems to be playing mind games with themselves to justify the $200 they shelled out for these.

Same crappy retro we've been getting from jb/nike for years.

i gave away my 2011s to a buddy so I figured getting these would be less than the market price of the 2011s.

so JB got me.

its the same ishh. we buy it because we like them. the quality is always in question. i dont deny it. some pairs are better than other but i cant say quality is GREAT

I agree with you about this, I might as well go for it. I've dropped sooooo much cash (not credit cards) this past month that my girl may hide my wallet. Go big or go home right?

been spending alot as well. forced to go through stuff that is collecting dust and doubles and triples that i'll get rid of for extra space and cash.

It is my favorite 3rd party insole. It just slides in the shoe compared to the Spencos. The shock absorbent material covers the whole sole (unlike the ones found in the the spencos), it is $5 less, and I find them to be more comfortable.
It feels a little weird in the IVs if you are using them to fix Nike's inconsistent sizing. But in the IIIs they feel perfect. These threes are not a whole size down. I would say .75 size down. It feels a little tight (which I like) but you can either loosen the laces or wait till your shoes break in and they will be fine. I recommend these as a fix to the IIIs even if you didnt like them as a fix to the IVs.
nice!  thanks for the info man.  appreciate it.  i like my shoes feeling tight too, so i would say it's a perfect fix from your info

my pair just came in. for some odd reason there was no Jordan card inside. I agree with the smell. Really really strong and doesn't consist of the new shoe smell that i'm used too. Pair looks good, no Nike Air disaster. Oh well. Pics will be up shortly

Yes for me they run half size big. These fit the same as the 2011 retro III's IMO. I will post my small little review once i upload my pics in a couple minutes

opened up my box and my pair came out pretty well. not perfect but not gonna nit pick cause i've seen pairs worse than mine. glad this is done, now on to the next one.
Did you get them in the same size as your XI's?

and if so: how do they fit? 

i know it's played out but i\ll post mine, just got em. never an update on purolator shipping but....

my 8.5's are mint. not a flaw that i can see but the 8's..... I dont know what'son the toe but it wont come off

I am on the fence about how I feel about my pair that I just received from Eastbay. To start off, i know alot of people have been asking about sizing. I am glad I went half size down because they fit the exact same as the 2011 Retro III's. The biggest disappointment for me is the leather...big difference from left to right shoe. There are people that have received shoes that are alot worse so I guess I should be thankful. Production dates on my shoes are 9/12/12 and 9/25/12. Well enough talking from me and onto the pics. What do you guys think?

I am on the fence about how I feel about my pair that I just received from Eastbay. To start off, i know alot of people have been asking about sizing. I am glad I went half size down because they fit the exact same as the 2011 Retro III's. The biggest disappointment for me is the leather...big difference from left to right shoe. There are people that have received shoes that are alot worse so I guess I should be thankful. Production dates on my shoes are 9/12/12 and 9/25/12. Well enough talking from me and onto the pics. What do you guys think?
looks just like mine with the right foot elephant print on the toebox being a little higher than the left side..this bugs me to no end

Back
Top Bottom