Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Does anyone also find it ironic and hilarious that the dude claiming to be a lawyer that got scammed has a username of BARTELBY? "Bartelby, the Scrivener" was a Herman Melville novel about a half-assed lawyer who copied rather than doing his own work.

That's actually dope

I'm not saying anyone is telling a lie but the amount of effort he was willing to put in to pursue a roughly $50 loss just didn't make good sense.

^^^^This pair of 2013 looks flawless! thinner elephant print strip on the toe
smokin.gif
  almost like the OGs.

I'm not saying anyone is telling a lie but the amount of effort he was willing to put in to pursue a roughly $50 loss just didn't make good sense.

Any real lawyer wouldn't be messing around with court for $50 or to ruin some chump's credit (which is probably already bad). His story either makes him the dumbest person to pass the bar on earth or a liar.

Does anyone also find it ironic and hilarious that the dude claiming to be a lawyer that got scammed has a username of BARTELBY? "Bartelby, the Scrivener" was a Herman Melville novel about a half-assed lawyer who copied rather than doing his own work.
Wasn't Bartleby just an employer at the firm whose job was mainly to copy documents? Back then, a scrivener's job was pretty much to just make copies of stuff for records, a job which was obviously later taken over by machines. And he used to do what was required of him, but then simply stopped working (or doing anything for that matter).

Sorry, just reread it a couple weeks ago for class so I had to put in my input lol.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Does anyone have experience buying from CitySole.com ? How is the service? Are their sneakers really legit?[/font]

Yeah I think you're right. I haven't read that book in years but that's what came to mind with some idiot claiming to be a lawyer going to small claims court to recoup $50. Regardless, the character - if I recall correctly - takes shortcuts and doesn't do his work with the effort expected from him. Just like someone who gets pwned in a face to face meetup. Still a fitting sn!

It's the "GetMoneyBoyz".  dude on that vid, "we need to start lining up for shoes in front of Michael's house and see how he feel" bahahah

LOL what kind of lawyer would take a guy to small claims court for $250?

A. You'll never get it back and there's nothing a judgment could even do. Put him in collections for $250?!

B. If you're a lawyer your billable hours should be well over $250. This will take 5-10 hrs to resolve minimum, and then please refer to point A.

Lawyer gets a switcharoo pulled on him that actually costs him about $50 in reality since you DID get a pair. Resell those and you're looking at breaking even. I don't believe any of this crap to be completely honest. I'm sure we'll get some response about law and justice but you got had and didn't even get had for more than $50 and a pair of shoes you don't want. The smell of ignorance is starting to waft like some Charles Barkley farts up in here.
lol you don't have to believe me but it is a matter of principle and i don't mind going through the trouble. i'm not taking him to small claims for $250. it's less than that. it is $250 minus what i'm selling the jokers for - will try my best to sell them probably for around $130 plus actual expenses/fees. so more like $150. but at least he'll be out $150, the jordans that he may or may not have stolen, and $150 in court fees. i think there's a chance he'll pay it and he'll be out way more and i'll be dead even. if he doesn't, then he'll have a judgment sitting on his head. 

for the record this isn't like big boy court where the filing fee is $400. no one is bringing in thousand dollar lawyers. if the judgment doesn't do anything, there's a couple more steps before collections (obviously it'll never get to collections). so it'll cost me maybe another $200 bucks, and a few more hours, no less than i already spend here on a weekly basis. yeah i've said over and over again this is stupid but i've already taken it way too personally. i hate getting ripped off, it's a weird pet peeve. 

^^^^This pair of 2013 looks flawless! thinner elephant print strip on the toe:smokin   almost like the OGs.

well, the collar should be cut with less of a dip & with the sock liner rolled out

& da obvious jumpman sole

also, while i see a great improvement in the toebox mold...it should be shorter, always it should be shorter it seems on most jb retros the past few years
it is because people (like myself) were complaining about cramped toes & tight sizing in general...
so now a lot of j's are starting to fit different, slightly larger & have the extended toebox
although this reason is better than them not caring...the results are the same

oh ya, da tongue shoulda been flat leather as well (and the "Nike Air' on the insoles should be facing each other i believe, like this below)

View media item 300640

it's still my favorite retro in years though
cause not all the differences are as important as others

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. I've seen it all now. AND selling the Jokers for under retail. This country is doomed with lawyers THIS smart.:x

I didn't buy his story for a second. The hype for these 88s got dudes on a LSD trip making up imaginary stories about shoe crimes. I'm laughing at the part where he magically has all this guys information but is too wuss to go to the house to settle it. The whole judgment and property/asset seizing on a shaky $250 private debt is a joke too. Especially coming from a "lawyer".
im not going to his house because i don't want to die. i did find all his info. it took forever to get his real name but after i got it, i checked his background and he unsurprisingly has 3 priors. so that's why all his info is out on those public sites. i even texted him with his full name and address and said let's just meet up and switch out the shoes for the $250 and we'll never have to deal with each other again. and he said he's already talked to a lawyer and blah blah blah. 

shaky debt won't be shaky when i get the judgment. and from there i can do with it as i please. so i'm a chump for sure for getting switched up on. and some would say i'm even a bigger chump for doing something about it. but i don't care. notice how i haven't said anything about "oh i don't want him to scam other people" or anything. i could care less. i realize this is probably some weird problem i have but it is what it is...

i wrote my dissertation on bartleby. i'm pretty sure he wasn't a lawyer. 

maybe instead of now donning a lawyer's suit you should put your thinking cap on next time during a meet-up
maybe you know this and are taking some of your embarrassment out on the seller

Wasn't Bartleby just an employer at the firm whose job was mainly to copy documents? Back then, a scrivener's job was pretty much to just make copies of stuff for records, a job which was obviously later taken over by machines. And he used to do what was required of him, but then simply stopped working (or doing anything for that matter).

Sorry, just reread it a couple weeks ago for class so I had to put in my input lol.

Yes, you are correct and "I would prefer not to" get into this argument of whether bartleby929 made up this story or not :stoneface:

lol i get the hate here and maybe the judge will just rip me a new one but i think i'm right and i think what i'm doing is right. so it is just inconvenient and obviously i'm taking a little too personally. so if taking things personally and going through inconvenience to resolve something is sooooo stupid then...it is, i don't mind. 

to put it into perspective, i woke up at 5 am on a saturday to try and get those jordan 1s from the czech site and waited 3 hours or so. so it isn't like every minute of my time is worth dollar dollar bills

Last edited:
i'm not responding to this stuff anymore, if you think i'm trolling so hard, pm me and i can explain it to you. honestly, i'm just waiting the march 23 possible release and hopefully taking a shot

Will someone please back me up that Jokers are not such an awful release that you should not only just be asking retail, but asking under retail, right? Someone help this guy out. He just needs to cut his losses on this and sell his Jokers, realize he's out $50 and move on.

This community seems to respond to one stupid action with another sometimes. Man up and move on. 3/23 still awaits!

Will someone please back me up that Jokers are not such an awful release that you should not only just be asking retail, but asking under retail, right? Someone help this guy out. He just needs to cut his losses on this and sell his Jokers, realize he's out $50 and move on.

This community seems to respond to one stupid action with another sometimes. Man up and move on. 3/23 still awaits!
No matter how much the joker colorway is hated on, a pair size 10-13 can easily fetch $250 if your patient and $200 if you want them gone in a day.

I'm with you, the troll is in effect and we only make things worse by continuing to use logical rational to feed it.

I'm no longer responding to dude or posts about him.

Back
Top Bottom