Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

these will be normal retail.

I's are cheap to begin with, thats how they can get away by raising the price.

$200 for a pair of III's? :rofl:

I remember III's used to be $100 and I thought that was a bargain. $200 seriously? Are they using real elephant skin this time around.

There goes the value of the ogs damn id be pissed if I owned a pair...all this time everyone used to compare the retros to the ogs with the nike air now theyre retroing em with the nike air trying to emulate the ogs not a big fan of this move from jb but they all about they money so I cant hate

Too many differences. Height, elephant print, materials, etc. Down the road collectors arent going to be looking for these as much because they recently dropped, and won't be hard to attain. They're gonna still want the '88 & '94 because rarity. No rare factor, then lil to no value in a big time collectors eye. One pair is the original, while the other was apart of the first wave of retros, not to mention the history behind both. The only shoe I think may or may not take an impact is the '03, but def the '11.

And believe me they're still gonna compare these to the '88 & '94.

It's like the car industry. When Camaro or Mustang drops their flagship car, like a SS, z28, Shelby or even base model... its always compared to the first generation 60's models. Not their mid to late 90's car. Because they're the most desire models :D
Yeah but you can compare the New ZL1 to the 2002 GMMG Phase III ZL1 that had 600 hp....

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0109-77554

Nice to see other Camaro guys here....

2001 Camaro SS M6 here love my car to death.....

The difference between cars and kicks is that a classic car, with sound mechanics is still drivable 30 years later. I want something I can wear when it comes to my shoes, not something that is shedding/crumbling all over a shelf or in a glass case. I know that isn't the norm around here these days, but the OGs I still have (Charcoal VII's, 13's and up) I can still wear because they aren't falling apart. A signed pair of crumbling III's is a different story, but the long-term value of a shoe that doesn't even have a sole left (which is the eventual outcome on a III or IV, especially by 2020) is minimal at best. The sentimental value of something you never originally owned is also pretty low for someone like me. I unfortunately can't wear any of my OGs that I originally owned because none of them fit, so I've sold them all in hopes someone else will be able to wear them.

Retros, Nike Air or not, don't replace the OG, but they are a good way to honor the OG by having something wearable on your feet that pays tribute to it.

Imagine what would happen, if no one purchased this release. While it may not hurt JB financially it does send a message that we should some-what control what sneakers come out and the quality of them. JB is purposely showing us that these are the WC from 2011 and they are laughing saying do something about it.

Its unfortunate that there is so much hype behind any and every release. It isn't even possible to make a small concentrated effort of the masses not buying these :smh: .

Last edited:
I'm just hoping that everyone that truly wants these is able to obtain them with as little stress as possible. Hopefully the price is right and the quality is what we crave too.

Imagine what would happen, if no one purchased this release. While it may not hurt JB financially it does send a message that we should some-what control what sneakers come out and the quality of them. JB is purposely showing us that these are the WC from 2011 and they are laughing saying do something about it.

Its unfortunate that there is so much hype behind any and every release. It isn't even possible to make a small concentrated effort of the masses not buying these :smh: .

You have zero proof these are 2011 WCs with a NA slapped on them. And I'm sorry, but I can't stand opinions like your's. WE, the consumers, should decide what the company releases? Go away.

You have zero proof these are 2011 WCs with a NA slapped on them. And I'm sorry, but I can't stand opinions like your's. WE, the consumers, should decide what the company releases? Go away.

:lol: sounds like your love for JB has caused you to go in attack mode and thats fine but if you want half assed releases then be my guest and fall for whatever JB does. Someone has to be the sheep huh?

And when I say control I mean don't accept the releases with the quality and the hoops you have to jump through just to get a pair. Let for some reason all of JB retros stop selling and see how quickly they cater to their customers.

Last edited:
:lol: sounds like your love for JB has caused you to go in attack mode and thats fine but if you want half assed releases then be my guest and fall for whatever JB does. Someone has to be the sheep huh?

Attacking ignorance. The idea that JB has been sitting on probably 200K pairs of shoes for over 2 years just to slap a Nike Air on them is beyond dumb. I'm no sheep, and I buy what I like, and have passed on numerous low quality Jordan releases, but you're talking out of your butt, expecting to be taken seriously. Consumers dictating what products companies release and how they release those products is borderline ******ed too. Voicing feedback is the customer's responsibility, but if companies did exactly what their consumers told them to, they'd be screwed. Apple is the perfect example of this, and Nike isn't a bad one either.

Last edited:
Attacking ignorance. The idea that JB has been sitting on probably 200K pairs of shoes for over 2 years just to slap a Nike Air on them is beyond dumb. I'm no sheep, and I buy what I like, and have passed on numerous low quality Jordan releases, but you're talking out of your butt, expecting to be taken seriously.

You don't have to take me seriously, but how about instead of trying to protect JB from all harm have an open mind, the sole of this release says Jordan for a reason. Is it the sole yes but it was done for a reason.

And when I say the WC from 2011 I mean the same materials the same exact product from 2011 just recently being assembled with just a different logo on the back. No where did I say JB had 200k WC from 2011 took off the jumpman and put on NIke Air that does not make sense.

Last edited:
Soo, you guys think they're gonna do the Black Cement IIIs, with Nike AIr, as well??? :nerd:

I have one...im asking what person/store do i follow where i can rsvp from now, if its even possible
I understand you are new here but people are going to give you vague answers because you havent done your research before coming in here and started posting something unrelated in a thread dedicated to one specific shoe.  You gotta realize its posts like those that fill up these threads with insignificant info/garbage.

To answer your question, go to nikestore.com and search twitter rsvp and youll have your answer.

Soo, you guys think they're gonna do the Black Cement IIIs, with Nike AIr, as well???
nerd.gif
I hope so
nthat.gif

This. A lot of people keep hyping up the Nike Air logo on the back and sure, it looks much nicer than the Jumpman logo but I think the shape is more important. However, most pics (not all) that I've seen of the 2013 WC III have a pretty good shape so I think this will be a pretty good Retro. Same goes for the Black/Crimson IIIs btw, they have a really small line of elephant print on the toebox and the overall shape is great in my opinion.:

View media item 210270

I agree. I am not saying it has to look like the OGs, just that it has to look good. I really like the new IVs but they dont look like the OGs.
But at the rate JB is retroing kicks, I am fine on skipping a lot of my faves if they are not shaped right.

Its so beautiful *tears*

Soo, you guys think they're gonna do the Black Cement IIIs, with Nike AIr, as well??? :nerd:

Well the BC IIIs were featured in the ASG. it is a matter of time

Also do you guys think the people whos parents paid for the 2011 pair will pay for another one? :nerd:

THIS CANT BE REAL LIFE --   How did you come to this #? Cav 4's are right under 100k from my source-

My sources told me they were 220,000.
your point?

Last edited:
I cant wait for the mayhem once we hear an official release date and what it will do for the rest of the shoes releasing before and after the BC IIIs. 

There goes the value of the ogs damn id be pissed if I owned a pair...all this time everyone used to compare the retros to the ogs with the nike air now theyre retroing em with the nike air trying to emulate the ogs not a big fan of this move from jb but they all about they money so I cant hate

Too many differences. Height, elephant print, materials, etc. Down the road collectors arent going to be looking for these as much because they recently dropped, and won't be hard to attain. They're gonna still want the '88 & '94 because rarity. No rare factor, then lil to no value in a big time collectors eye. One pair is the original, while the other was apart of the first wave of retros, not to mention the history behind both. The only shoe I think may or may not take an impact is the '03, but def the '11.

And believe me they're still gonna compare these to the '88 & '94.

It's like the car industry. When Camaro or Mustang drops their flagship car, like a SS, z28, Shelby or even base model... its always compared to the first generation 60's models. Not their mid to late 90's car. Because they're the most desire models :D
Yeah but you can compare the New ZL1 to the 2002 GMMG Phase III ZL1 that had 600 hp....

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0109-77554

Nice to see other Camaro guys here....

2001 Camaro SS M6 here love my car to death.....

Beautiful Camaro btw. I love all gens. Of course there's exceptions, but 9/10 it's gonna be compared to the predecessor. Whenever a ZL1 comes into discussion it will be compared to the '69.

@sunshine thnx man preciate it.

The difference between cars and kicks is that a classic car, with sound mechanics is still drivable 30 years later. I want something I can wear when it comes to my shoes, not something that is shedding/crumbling all over a shelf or in a glass case. I know that isn't the norm around here these days, but the OGs I still have (Charcoal VII's, 13's and up) I can still wear because they aren't falling apart. A signed pair of crumbling III's is a different story, but the long-term value of a shoe that doesn't even have a sole left (which is the eventual outcome on a III or IV, especially by 2020) is minimal at best. The sentimental value of something you never originally owned is also pretty low for someone like me. I unfortunately can't wear any of my OGs that I originally owned because none of them fit, so I've sold them all in hopes someone else will be able to wear them.

Retros, Nike Air or not, don't replace the OG, but they are a good way to honor the OG by having something wearable on your feet that pays tribute to it.

Agree. I'm not knocking that in any way. It's a awesome way to honor and wear I get that. But when I say collectors I mean the fellas that are out there who desire only originals and don't wear them at all. I think it's funny, but as long that groups around OGs won't lose value.

I can care less about OG shoes. If they're not wearable what's the used to looking at em. That's why I got into cars when I stopped buying shoes years ago.

This. A lot of people keep hyping up the Nike Air logo on the back and sure, it looks much nicer than the Jumpman logo but I think the shape is more important. However, most pics (not all) that I've seen of the 2013 WC III have a pretty good shape so I think this will be a pretty good Retro. Same goes for the Black/Crimson IIIs btw, they have a really small line of elephant print on the toebox and the overall shape is great in my opinion.:
I agree. I am not saying it has to look like the OGs, just that it has to look good. I really like the new IVs but they dont look like the OGs.
But at the rate JB is retroing kicks, I am fine on skipping a lot of my faves if they are not shaped right.
Exactly. Retros don't look like the OGs (even though I hope and think they will some day) but that does not necessarily mean that they are always ugly, right? I think the shape of the 2013 Grapes is on point too. Much better than the 2006 imo. Even though the materials do not seem to be getting any better soon, the sudden change in toebox shape is a pleasant surprise.

damn $200 JB? even bins didn't cost that much .....oh well still selling out quick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom