Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

I've pretty much decided that if these are an easy cop where I can walk in a store with no hype or lines, I'll snag them. if not, whatevs. The bciii are really what I need another pair of, so if those drop they will be a must buy and probably 2 pairs.

JB just opened up the Flood gates. JB doesn't know what other colors to come up to retro the 3,4,5 and 6's. So they're going to put Nike Air on all of those and it will be $200.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dudes justifying price increases due to "INFLATION" over 2 yrs... it costs an additional $40 to produce the shoes now :lol:
OoOoOo the Nike Air makes them well worth the extra $40... Now I need to rock my jeans tucked in my heel so everyone can see I have the 88 Retros

I'm not really mad at the Nike Air... as stated before, I could care less... I actually like the Jumpman instead of Nike Air as I have NO HISTORY WITH NIKE AIR. My 1st Jordan was the 96 Black/Red XI.

For those who say "you" asked for NIKE AIR an now u complaining when they do it! No no no no......"we" asked for NIKE AIR not a $200 NIKE AIR shoe that has DOUBLED in price since 2003!!! This is NOT just $40-$50 increase for those who are old enough to remember. Got my BC III's for a $100  in 01' after working a popcorn stand at Six Flags after I graduated just to get them! Got 2 pair of WC III's in 2003 for $70 EACH with my discount from FootAction(The good ole days) $75 tax included! So Nike Air for $200 for a shoe that was $100 ten years ago is my complaint (No type of leather justifies that)! The first $200 shoe I remember were the Royal Foams in 97'...Mike Bibby set it off in the National Championship game with those an people were NOT rushing to cop those my dad said HELL NAW! Made that increase from $134.99 of the 12's to $149.99 on the 13's seem not so badd! Getting these shamefully an wearing the hell out of them because my DS 03's back is yellow as a mofo like a Rat pissed on them!!

Yeah the price increases are ridiculous, but so is the demand. When NA ended 12 years ago the shoes sat on shelves and no one cared about them at all. There's never been this much demand for a sneaker(s) in the history of shoes. Never. So to blame it all on inflation and greed ignores simple supply and demand, production, etc.

JB just opened up the Flood gates. JB doesn't know what other colors to come up to retro the 3,4,5 and 6's. So they're going to put Nike Air on all of those and it will be $200.

exactly this

jb lost their touch with jordans and colorways all they can do is milk out the OG colorways and be glad jordan and tinker made em classic cuz hypebeast come and go

i aint even mad though

dudes justifying price increases due to "INFLATION" over 2 yrs... it costs an additional $40 to produce the shoes now :lol:
OoOoOo the Nike Air makes them well worth the extra $40... Now I need to rock my jeans tucked in my heel so everyone can see I have the 88 Retros

I'm not really mad at the Nike Air... as stated before, I could care less... I actually like the Jumpman instead of Nike Air as I have NO HISTORY WITH NIKE AIR. My 1st Jordan was the 96 Black/Red XI.

Well actually you do have experience with the NA then. Those came in a Nike box, with a Nike Air on the insole. Those were still under the Nike brand at the time. That's the thing: Nike Air is a red herring. What real sneaker enthusiasts who have been around what is the Nike attention to quality. When they put Jordan on their own it came down to making as much money as possible at the expense of innovation and quality in most cases. The original XIVs had terrible quality. Awful shoes. I had them separate on me in my 4th or 5th game wearing them and I was so angry. My teammates laughed at me cause at 14 most of them didn't wear Jordans, and to see such a POS Jordan was pretty comical.

Muck Fike! Even the box is extra regular...at least put lipstick on the pig! No special treatment at all to justify the price hike. I'm good with my '11 pairs.

cmon jb...why stop at 200?throw this up at 250 super-duper-mofo limited.lol.never paid for a shoe OVER retail.only thing i overpaid was a pair of space jams because it was my unicorn.please nt dont pay the 200 for those.not even discussing about re-selling prices.get your act together.my .02.

I'm guessing if we see any future retro with NA (IVs,Vs,VIs) $200 will be the going price...soon all JB retro will be $200 at this rate
mean.gif

Well actually you do have experience with the NA then. Those came in a Nike box, with a Nike Air on the insole. Those were still under the Nike brand at the time. That's the thing: Nike Air is a red herring. What real sneaker enthusiasts who have been around what is the Nike attention to quality. When they put Jordan on their own it came down to making as much money as possible at the expense of innovation and quality in most cases. The original XIVs had terrible quality. Awful shoes. I had them separate on me in my 4th or 5th game wearing them and I was so angry. My teammates laughed at me cause at 14 most of them didn't wear Jordans, and to see such a POS Jordan was pretty comical.

maybe you misinterpreted my point... i know they had a nike box and nike air on the insole but that isnt the same as Nike Air on the tabs like the III, IV, and V.

not 1 sole complains that the XIs dont have Nike Air on the insole... not 1.

And your comparison with Nike vs Jordan makes no sense at all.
All of the OG Jordan signature shoes had good quality. Your experience with the XIV isnt the same as everyone else that has owned them. Nobody says OG XIIs, XIIIs, XVI, XVII sucked in quality and they were all JB products. I had OG XIVs and they held up just fine. You probably just got a defective pair.

Last edited:
some of you are complaining about price but aren't considering things like inflation. $100 a few years ago definitely isn't $100 today. granted it isn't $200, but prices increase and thats the way the world revolved

some of you are going to say that its still the same shoe from 2011 so prices shouldn't change, this is what many people wanted and also said would pay more for. KCMO stated they monitor the forums so JB is just following suit.

you really can't complain prices have increased that much in 10 years, a lot has changed since 2003, including recessions, demand, quality etc.

So how is it possible that the Air Flight 89 from 1989 STILL retails at $99.99 23 years later, while the Air Jordan 3 from 1988 is now $200 with Nike Air and $150 without it?

I seriously don't understand how some of you guys try to justify price increases with inflation, anyone can see that's the clearly not the issue.

Inflation? Lol sthu with that. That same shoe cost 160 about a year ago. Show me the math for that or throw your keyboard out the window.

Even if this shoe was made with the same leather from '88 still not worth $200.00...but JB is "feeding the wolves" right now & the wolves are hungry...I can't front if these where the infrared VIs (my grails) with NA i will be kicking out the the $$$ too...only bc i know retail will be cheapest way to get a pair...

Jordan III + Nike Air on Tab/Outsole = $150

Why can't this be accomplished? How is $200 even remotely reasonable? In this economy. Disgust. Pass. Pass. Pass.

+$50 for a logo swap about two years later makes zero sense. Shows how much Jordan Brand cares about their loyal customer base.

Last edited:
It's shady enough to release a duplicate shoe with a different logo on it, knowing damn well Jordan heads are gonna give you $160 for the same thing two years after giving you $160 the first time...

It's extra shady to pull the stunt on them AND charge an extra $40

more like hype inflation
mean.gif
That's it that's all. We eat up their products left and right so they raise the prices to make more money. They know their product is at an all time high as far as demand is concerned. Every business does this in every sector of society. Ever been to your favorite restaurant and noticed that the dishes have went up while the portion sizes have gotten smaller? 

Last edited:
Yeah the price increases are ridiculous, but so is the demand. When NA ended 12 years ago the shoes sat on shelves and no one cared about them at all. There's never been this much demand for a sneaker(s) in the history of shoes. Never. So to blame it all on inflation and greed ignores simple supply and demand, production, etc.
What are u talkin about my man? When Nike Air ended shoes sat on shelves??? WHEN?????? Even most Fusions SOLD OUT quickly (Im guilty I own 3 pair)!! The DEMAND hasnt changed ONLY PRICES AN QUALITY!!!! If lets say shoe A. is dropping an 400k people want it an they only make 250k of shoe A. now hype has built an now 600k people want shoe A. THE DEMAND ALREADY EXCEEDS THE SUPPLY so it dont matter if 1 million people want it that doesnt justify a $100 ($40-$50) increase! An i never said nothing bout inflation or greed unless your just making a general statement on that!!!

And your comparison with Nike vs Jordan makes no sense at all.
All of the OG Jordan signature shoes had good quality. Your experience with the XIV isnt the same as everyone else that has owned them. Nobody says OG XIIs, XIIIs, XVI, XVII sucked in quality and they were all JB products. I had OG XIVs and they held up just fine. You probably just got a defective pair.

No, I had two pairs. The foam shark teeth fell apart and separated from the sole. It was a common and well known problem. From XIV on the quality went downhill. Is it a coincidence that it correlates to when JB was formed? I don't think so. Quality has never been as on point after the XIII. That's a fact. People can't seem to comprehend that quality has been falling for almost 15 years. This didn't just happen in 04 or 05 or whenever you want to pin that on Nike/JB. It's been downhill for awhile, and actually 11-12 it was better overall than 08-10.

You can justify why Jordan raised the prices or why it makes sense because of inflation or sheer demand etc. if it makes you feel better when you spend your $200, but you shouldn't have to. If you're fine with spending $200 on the product then go ahead.

Bottom line is from JB's point of view, they're being greedy. They would be greedy if they charged $160 for the same shoe that came out 2 years ago just with a different logo; $200 is being extra greedy.

If you don't care cause you've been waiting for it that's fine... but don't try to justify their actions...

What are u talkin about my man? When Nike Air ended shoes sat on shelves??? WHEN?????? Even most Fusions SOLD OUT quickly (Im guilty I own 3 pair)!! The DEMAND hasnt changed ONLY PRICES AN QUALITY!!!! If lets say shoe A. is dropping an 400k people want it an they only make 250k of shoe A. now hype has built an now 600k people want shoe A. THE DEMAND ALREADY EXCEEDS THE SUPPLY so it dont matter if 1 million people want it that doesnt justify a $100 ($40-$50) increase! An i never said nothing bout inflation or greed unless your just making a general statement on that!!!

you probably werent around back then.... shoes were definitely not as hyped. nowhere near. none notta nope naw.

trappedintime - you point out 1 model then say quality is poor from then on?
the peeling part is a design flaw not a quality flaw. not every design is a home run.
the 12, 13, 15, 16, 17.... were all fine quality wise.

Last edited:

What am I talking about?! In 2001 you could find Columbias on the shelves months after they released. Some of you guys are such n00bs or have such bad memory that you have no idea what it was like a decade ago. Jordan Brand couldn't sell retros well at all a decade ago. And you know nothing about business if you think increased demand doesn't influence price. Take some basic econ classes genius. I'm so tired of explaining how a business works to a bunch of grown men who want to circle jerk over the NA logo and feel like they're part of some special club. It's a business. It's always been a business. Do you think MJ, Nike or anyone else cares about you or how much money you throw out to have a new pair of shoes every week? Get real! You're consumers and your purchases cost more money cause there's a HUGE demand for them. If no one wanted to buy the shoes, they'd stop making them or sell them for a lot less money to increase demand.

As long as they keep selling out instantly with people sitting in the freezing cold for days just to overpay for a pair of shoes, Nike will keep raising prices. Simple business.

$100 in 03, $115 in 06, $150 in '11, now $170 (normal retros) in '13 with "Special" shoes retailing for $185, $200, or even $300+ (Lebron Corks). It'll level out eventually once popularity drops off, but Big Daddy Swoosh is going to milk it for every dollar until that happens. You'd do the same if you called the shots in Beaverton.

Back
Top Bottom