Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

As long as they keep selling out instantly with people sitting in the freezing cold for days just to overpay for a pair of shoes, Nike will keep raising prices. Simple business.

$100 in 03, $115 in 06, $150 in '11, now $170 (normal retros) in '13 with "Special" shoes retailing for $185, $200, or even $300+ (Lebron Corks). It'll level out eventually once popularity drops off, but Big Daddy Swoosh is going to milk it for every dollar until that happens. You'd do the same if you called the shots in Beaverton.

This guy gets it. Do we need to chart a graph with Nike/JB sales vs. price over time? It's so simple that it doesn't seem like it would need explaining to anyone with a high school education. All this inflation talk always comes up but it completely misses the point when the vast majority of the price hike is directly related to demand.

03's.... WELL BUILT ......$100ish?

2011s ....EHH QUALITY AT BEST.... $150ish

2013 .............. $ 200? yeah righ
tthese will continue the indirect relationship between quality and price at jb.

:smh:

painting my 03's and laughing at cats who buy-in to this

Last edited:
What am I talking about?! In 2001 you could find Columbias on the shelves months after they released. Some of you guys are such n00bs or have such bad memory that you have no idea what it was like a decade ago. Jordan Brand couldn't sell retros well at all a decade ago. And you know nothing about business if you think increased demand doesn't influence price. Take some basic econ classes genius. I'm so tired of explaining how a business works to a bunch of grown men who want to circle jerk over the NA logo and feel like they're part of some special club. It's a business. It's always been a business. Do you think MJ, Nike or anyone else cares about you or how much money you throw out to have a new pair of shoes every week? Get real! You're consumers and your purchases cost more money cause there's a HUGE demand for them. If no one wanted to buy the shoes, they'd stop making them or sell them for a lot less money to increase demand.
Wrong.....I highly doubt you own a pair of 01's let alone were even wearing jordan's back then. You're just repeating something you read on message board. Columbias didn't sit in 96 and they sure as heck didn't sit in 01. In the late 90's early 00's I used to purchase full size run's of all the major releases from silverstar SF and I can guarantee you every single 11 release (lows included) sold out day 1.

Missed out in 2011, won't miss out this year.

Those who keep complaining can do this simple thing:

DON'T BUY THEM.

Last edited:
As long as they keep selling out instantly with people sitting in the freezing cold for days just to overpay for a pair of shoes, Nike will keep raising prices. Simple business.

$100 in 03, $115 in 06, $150 in '11, now $170 (normal retros) in '13 with "Special" shoes retailing for $185, $200, or even $300+ (Lebron Corks). It'll level out eventually once popularity drops off, but Big Daddy Swoosh is going to milk it for every dollar until that happens. You'd do the same if you called the shots in Beaverton.

i agree with this analysis 100%

i just think its funny that people are justifying the price.

i certainly wont be on these unless im making them do moves. people are so blind man... so so blind... even 2 yrs ago, these didnt sell out instantly. resell on them was sub 200.

Nike just playing with people...
JB 3 with nike air

Knicks 1s with Nike Air but not on the Chi 1s... its a joke.

i remember being in HS/Middle school and NOBODY would wear jordans or nike SB's

nowdays you got highschoolers/middle schoolers wearing jordans left and right hell they are so hyped they even copped fusions and flights :rofl:

Last edited:
you probably werent around back then.... shoes were definitely not as hyped. nowhere near. none notta nope naw.

trappedintime - you point out 1 model then say quality is poor from then on?
the peeling part is a design flaw not a quality flaw. not every design is a home run.
the 12, 13, 15, 16, 17.... were all fine quality wise.
Never debated if hype was worse now or then there is no comparison was refering to him saying that supply an demand is why the shoe is $200! Actually I WAS DEF AROUND guess we can chalk it up to were your from But in DALLAS, TX... Jordans DONT SIT on shelves! We dont wear Timbs an all that other stuff! If u aint got a Fresh pair of Jays or Air max an a occassional Ralph Lauren Polo Boot....U aint talking bout nothing.....Now there are sum shoes ie....I remember sitting like the olives i got off a table for $49.99 at Just for feet! Worked at Foot Action from 02' to April 04' an know for a FACT shoes DID NOT SIT! An im sure there are those remember that brief stint were Foot Locker couldnt get "Retro Jordans" because of selling early as punishment from Nike! Been in sumbody line or had a connect ever since cause people dont play about jordans around here! Even bums wear jordans I be like what the hell....... An u are def right bout those shoes an quality but u can add the 15! Still have OG 15's DS an they are as nice as when they first dropped!  

me personally? i like it, but i think "sneakerheads" of today will say they own OGs... it will be slightly confusing to few, but, i guess itll seperate the real from the hype...

$200? No thanks, I'm happy with my DS 2011's for now... I'll just wait for the cheaper pair with the jumpman to come back

What am I talking about?! In 2001 you could find Columbias on the shelves months after they released. Some of you guys are such n00bs or have such bad memory that you have no idea what it was like a decade ago. Jordan Brand couldn't sell retros well at all a decade ago. And you know nothing about business if you think increased demand doesn't influence price. Take some basic econ classes genius. I'm so tired of explaining how a business works to a bunch of grown men who want to circle jerk over the NA logo and feel like they're part of some special club. It's a business. It's always been a business. Do you think MJ, Nike or anyone else cares about you or how much money you throw out to have a new pair of shoes every week? Get real! You're consumers and your purchases cost more money cause there's a HUGE demand for them. If no one wanted to buy the shoes, they'd stop making them or sell them for a lot less money to increase demand.
Like I say u can MAYBE chalk it up to were your from but Coloumbia 11's SOLD OUT BY NOON here I'D GIVE MY LEFT NUT TO THIS DAY FOR A PAIR(Had the 96s')! I drove with my Pops to EVERY MALL and called every store in the city so u DEF wrong on that buddy! An Im a Noob cause my join date says 1 year from yours? Been looking at Nike Talk since 2000 in my Hs computer lab when we all was waiting on the inside info with sig from Baby J with the BLUE letters he typed in! Can go toe to toe with u on anything as i been here from the start! Nike talk has been my Jordan bible since 2000 couldnt figure out that yuku **** didnt try for years....tried 3 months ago I got through!! So like I say WERE IM FROM JORDANS DONT SIT FOR TOO LONG!!!

It's so simple that it doesn't seem like it would need explaining to anyone with a high school education.

Unfortunately the youth in America spend their time worrying about what Kanye and Kim are going to name the baby instead of actually learning something. "Ask not what your country can do for you..." comes to mind right now.

Nike knows this money tree isn't going to last forever. The fad will die out at some point. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and release 5 pairs of signature shoes every weekend.

im ecstatic that alot of you are passing
it'll just make it easier to get my size 8) (dreams)

all of you talking are just that talking, you'll be ready to go come next month

Jordan Brand is a business, market trends show that when a sneaker is released of this caliber a reseller
can sell these for a 40-50% mark up EASY

this generation of sneaker head is the only one to blame for the mark up.

& it really isnt that serious. A gallon of gas was less than $2 in 2001, I consider myself lucky finding something
cheaper than $4 now

Last edited:
This is a direct reflection of Nike eating up the "hype" for the old badging....

im ecstatic that alot of you are passing
it'll just make it easier to get my size 8) (dreams)

all of you talking are just that talking, you'll be ready to go come next month

Jordan Brand is a business, market trends show that when a sneaker is released of this caliber a reseller
can sell these for a 40-50% mark up EASY

this generation of sneaker head is the only one to blame for the mark up.

& it really isnt that serious. A gallon of gas was less than $2 in 2001, I consider myself lucky finding something
cheaper than $4 now

For me, it's more about the principle. I'd feel had if I paid $40 extra for a heel tab and a 90% effort as far as these compare to the OG. There is no justifiable reason for this price other than hype and opportunity. I'd rather buy 2011s for the low that they're about to hit rather than spend $200 for a heel tab. It has never been or will never be that serious for me. If I were to cop, it would only be to flip to fund the rest of my purchases for that weekend.

For me, it's more about the principle. I'd feel had if I paid $40 extra for a heel tab and a 90% effort as far as these compare to the OG. There is no justifiable reason for this price other than hype and opportunity. I'd rather buy 2011s for the low that they're about to hit rather than spend $200 for a heel tab. It has never been or will never be that serious for me. If I were to cop, it would only be to flip to fund the rest of my purchases for that weekend.

hard pressed to find a beautiful pair of 2001's that wont leave ur soles on the previous block.. best of luck tho. $40 isnt that big of a deal. with $40 now you can barely take your significant other to the movie theaters. I bought concessions for me, my GF and mom recently... $34 :x , that didnt include $18 a piece tickets for imax

Dont get me wrong, I much rather pay $100 but that is never gonna be the case again.

i made the inflation comment, and a lot of you are quick to make assumptions. Hell no i wasn't justifying the $200 price, i was referring to the guys talking about how these were 100 in 03, and how prices couldn't stay that low now. prices go up especially with jordan brand increasing prices by 10 almost every year. when you have a product that everyone wants, in a time where people have money to spend, you're going to charge more. it's simple mathematics to JB

Like I say u can MAYBE chalk it up to were your from but Coloumbia 11's SOLD OUT BY NOON here I'D GIVE MY LEFT NUT TO THIS DAY FOR A PAIR(Had the 96s')! I drove with my Pops to EVERY MALL and called every store in the city so u DEF wrong on that buddy! An Im a Noob cause my join date says 1 year from yours? Been looking at Nike Talk since 2000 in my Hs computer lab when we all was waiting on the inside info with sig from Baby J with the BLUE letters he typed in! Can go toe to toe with u on anything as i been here from the start! Nike talk has been my Jordan bible since 2000 couldnt figure out that yuku **** didnt try for years....tried 3 months ago I got through!! So like I say WERE IM FROM JORDANS DONT SIT FOR TOO LONG!!!

You can't even use were and where properly, and WE'RE supposed to take you seriously? One of the biggest malls in the Chicago area (Woodfield) had a FSR of Columbias months after they came out in 2001. And that's just one of the more popular shoes. You want to talk about other retros? If you even want to compare the demand from 2001 to now you're crazy. Hell, the demand for Jordans right now is higher than it was when he was playing and the models were new!

But yes, you don't know a thing about business if you can't comprehend that the rise in demand has been the reason for a rise in price. It's as simple as it gets, and yet people like you still can't grasp it. I'm done even trying to reason with the knuckleheads.

Last edited:
In no way is it my question meant as judgment but I wonder how many people THAT DON'T HOOP IN THEIR SHOES are complaining about this potential $200 price tag but also cop XI's, Brons, Kobe's, and Foams?

Last edited:
To me 200 is nothin for a pair i want but the leather and paint quality has got to match. We all know its not going to

Back
Top Bottom