Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

40 dollars increase for having Nike air on the back is beyond worth it.

What's Nike on the bottom worth then? Another $40 as well? I'm baffled at some of the mind sets/justification tactics regarding this pair.

sheep

people on here thinking they got deep pockets too :rofl:

all of us here can easily afford to spend $200 but its just we arent willing to accept it so easily. we arent morons, we should have to pay more for the same product.

ill be trying to buy them but im still not happy about the price regardless of quality.

Here is a great idea for all of you saying you are going to pass on this release because of the price or any release period.

Take the money you were going to spend on the shoes and BUY the equivalent amount in $NKE shares. (currently selling at $53/share).

Put your money to work. Plain and simple

Here is the first video comparison/review that I have seen with the 2013 WC3's with the Nike Air Logo!

For those of you who want these, I recommend listing your DS 2011 pairs of WC3's from now! 

Sell them for next to nothing, because once these new ones drop yours will be worthless! ( obviously sarcasm ) lol 
roll.gif

Anyways, here you go! Enjoy!

Last edited:
horrible vid. I'll wait for a quality comparison without the music
mean.gif
It's not my personal video and I just wanted to share what I saw! The music is too loud and the owner of the video apologized for it on the description on youtube. You do get a chance to see the shoes in a video! Be grateful! You're welcome! 
happy.gif

Last edited:
40 dollars increase for having Nike air on the back is beyond worth it.
What's Nike on the bottom worth then? Another $40 as well? I'm baffled at some of the mind sets/justification tactics regarding this pair.
Yep, god forbid they give us premium leather, dyed midsoles, and a matte finish in addition to that.  You're probably talking $300 MSRP.
laugh.gif

I can't knock anyone who will gladly spend their $ and accept what they're receiving in return.  We've had to pay more for less for quite a while with JB.  I'm just reaching the point where principle has to play a part in my decisions.  Just opening a pandora's box for them to continue to jerk us.

I'm not sure if you guys have discovered this or not yet, but you can actually turn OFF the audio on YouTube! Cool or what?!

Thanks for the video link smiffers

I'm not sure if you guys have discovered this or not yet, but you can actually turn OFF the audio on YouTube! Cool or what?!

Thanks for the video link smiffers
I know right! With one swift click the audio will be silenced! lol! Some people just don't understand! you're welcome!

Yeah Nike on the bottom is worth 40 more too and it still would be a steal. I believe Air Jordans made with Nike brands should be 299.99-324.99 MSRP. I find it weird that some of the people complaining about this price are the same ones who take pride in sharing resell stories about getting double and triple box price selling their shoes. I don't see any love in the classified ads either. I'm glad Nike is raising the prices and cutting into the reseller market. The resellers did this to sneaker culture. Nike is just slowly cleaning up the mess. 10-15 years ago resellers weren't charging 80-150 tax on releases. Resellers always holler out that supply and demand jibberish while hoarding a million pairs. The average person who want to own a pair to wear has to grease palms, wait, make phone calls and have to meet in the pentagon war room to discuss a strategy to get a pair of shoes for retail if lucky. If they arent they are at the mercy of hypocritical f resellers. Their enemy isn't Nike. Hype beasts aren't even a threat neither. It's getting the jump on the copped 5 pairs with ease lames or piled up fsr Instagram stars. If someone speaks up on this they are heckled and ridiculed. This is micro version of fascism that is involved with shoe culture now.

Yeah Nike on the bottom is worth 40 more too and it still would be a steal. I believe Air Jordans made with Nike brands should be 299.99-324.99 MSRP. I find it weird that some of the people complaining about this price are the same ones who take pride in sharing resell stories about getting double and triple box price selling their shoes. I don't see any love in the classified ads either. I'm glad Nike is raising the prices and cutting into the reseller market. The resellers did this to sneaker culture. Nike is just slowly cleaning up the mess. 10-15 years ago resellers weren't charging 80-150 tax on releases. Resellers always holler out that supply and demand jibberish while hoarding a million pairs. The average person who want to own a pair to wear has to grease palms, wait, make phone calls and have to meet in the pentagon war room to discuss a strategy to get a pair of shoes for retail if lucky. If they arent they are at the mercy of hypocritical f resellers. Their enemy isn't Nike. Hype beasts aren't even a threat neither. It's getting the jump on the copped 5 pairs with ease lames or piled up fsr Instagram stars. If someone speaks up on this they are heckled and ridiculed. This is micro version of fascism that is involved with shoe culture now.

Thing is, price hikes aren't going to put a stop to the "reselling" problem as you state. When it comes to "premium" or extremely coveted kicks like these, box price doesn't make much of a difference as they will still all be bought up and just flipped for higher. If JB wanted, they could charge $500 MSRP and servers will still crash, lines will be insane, and you'll still see stockroom style pics. The only difference is resell will be $1K+ easy. In most cases, I'm sure 80% of the buying population is getting taxed on these right from the retailer (minus corporate chains), and even then, that's where most of the madness will be. My gripe isn't about the actual price itself, it's about the principle of JB expecting me to pay $40 more for these and the only difference is the heel tab. And then I still can't get Nike on the sole? And from what it seems, the quality will be identical to the 2011 pair? Watch how many dudes post midsole cracking after minimal wear and you'll see what I mean. $40 increase in a two year period is not worth a heel tab alone to me. Why can't they give these Banned 1 treatment for that price increase. Hell, I'll even take a DVD of the dunks MJ performed in the contest that night, a pair of socks, roll up poster, faux 88 ASW tickets, I mean there has to be something reasonable to justify this other than the fact that its almost the same shoe that was produced in 88.

Good thought, but you're still wrong. If people wouldn't buy them for double/triple box price, resellers wouldn't exist.
As someone already said, this isn't going to cut into the reseller market. The Jordan thirst has never been higher, so it just means the secondary market consumer will pay more for them. All while Nike execs laugh their way to the bank.

I have more pairs of OG III's than any of these new releases. Cushioning and real leather is right... If you put your hand in a nice pair of Mocha's for example, you'll notice how there is actual cushioning there!!! It's actually got very intricate cushioning that separates your ankle from your heel from the flat part of your foot, you could actually feel it out. On anything past 04' 05', the cushioning of the threes is like a pillow, there's no definition at all. Let's not even talk about the leather quality difference.

Honestly, this is a horrible video. Not trying to bash you but I literally can hear NOTHING you are saying. Isn't that the point of the video? To be able to hear what you are saying comparison wise. Is the leather high quality full grain leather? Quality overall better? Thanks for what you did show.

Good thought, but you're still wrong. If people wouldn't buy them for double/triple box price, resellers wouldn't exist.
As someone already said, this isn't going to cut into the reseller market. The Jordan thirst has never been higher, so it just means the secondary market consumer will pay more for them. All while Nike execs laugh their way to the bank.
Yep, Nike could care less about resellers.  If they did, they would increase production numbers of every retro they released.  Why risk having shoes sit though when you don't have to?  Especially when you can use it as an opportunity to push out a different shoe and have that one sell out as well.

If anything, they probably relish the fact that people are willing to pay so much for products that cost them pennies to make.  Why else would they be pumping out 3+ retros a month?  There has never been a time where they've released this much.  The people to "blame" for the aftermarket prices are those who willingly pay those prices.  It takes two to tango.  You can't sell products at a markup to imaginary buyers.  People love to blame resellers for everything.  How about saying no and living without a shoe you miss out on?

You're right, they are giving absolutely nothing in return for low customers and people who aren't reluctant to pay the extra 40. Even fake shoes come with extra items these days, bags, retro cards, socks and etc. 

Yep, Nike could care less about resellers.  If they did, they would increase production numbers of every retro they released.  Why risk having shoes sit though when you don't have to?  Especially when you can use it as an opportunity to push out a different shoe and have that one sell out as well.

If anything, they probably relish the fact that people are willing to pay so much for products that cost them pennies to make.  Why else would they be pumping out 3+ retros a month?  There has never been a time where they've released this much.  The people to "blame" for the aftermarket prices are those who willingly pay those prices.  It takes two to tango.  You can't sell products at a markup to imaginary buyers.  People love to blame resellers for everything.  How about saying no and living without a shoe you miss out on?

Missing out is the hardest part to some people though. I had to explain to my wife the necessity to cop on RD or pass all together. Because 9/10, I'm not paying reseller prices for these shoes. I just chalk it up as a sneaker lost and move on to the next hour's release. It would take a miracle for a mass group of ppl to take a stand and for once say hell no to Nike/JB with that BS. And even then, it would have to happen on more than one occasion. Imagine the JB meeting room if these III's did Jordan 2012 numbers...and then the next few releases as well, something different would have to happen on their part. But that's beyond a reach in this current era of hype for 10+ releases a month.

Back
Top Bottom