Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

why are people comparing foamposites to the 3's price wise, foamsposites last a lifetime. 3's break down after 3 years lol,
roll.gif

i have not bought these since the first time they were retrod so i may go for them. i would not mind paying $200 every rip as long as the quality was like the bin's.

Easy pass. You dumb as hell if you pay this kind of money for these cheap *** sneakers. All cause it has "Nike Air" on the back of the heel. Give me a break!

A $50 increase in 2 years? All for a swoosh? No thanks, mine from '11 still look great.

$40 more for Nike Air on the heel tab? But same B.S quality? Total pass.
$50 more. Remember, the white 3s came out early 2011. Retros were still $150 then, and didn't go up $10 until later that year. All the same, :smh:

I agree with everyone saying they would buy if the quality is better. Has anyone actually seen a pair yet, and confirm if the quality is indeed trash?

I don't get the corny *** sarcastic joke

View media item 211673

The corny sarcastic people are the ones all butthurt over the word Nike not being on the bottom of the shoe, as if it matters. As if any of this really matters. This thread is so full of ignorance and douchery.

it does matter because if they were trolling this whole time with nike air then go ALL da way with it.

I don't really care cuz I expect this from JB. But, arent the Revolutions dropping? They had the resources easily if needed for a Nike bottom sole.

why are people comparing foamposites to the 3's price wise, foamsposites last a lifetime. 3's break down after 3 years lol,
roll.gif
not the way Foamposites are built now. Id be surprised if they lasted 5 years

i dont know man my 2007 royal blues are still going strong cant say the same for my fire red 3's that have the paint coming off already..  the stealths seem to have built very well..

All this for shiny plastic looking leather like the 2011's?

I can only imagine the hype on these. Enjoy these guys.

Last edited:
they deff arent gunna do these as a twitter release or rsvp i bet u there will be limited pairs tho

why the **** would you buy the same shoe 3 times in one day when you know damn well jordan brand will re retro it again a few years down the road.?

i still scratch my head at dudes who do this. i mean what the hell?

do people really buy an extra pair just to look at in their rooms? and not two but three?

lets say you buy 3 pairs. the shotty materials they use nowadays gonna have your kicks paint crumble before you even get a chance to wear it years from now!

4 pairs? are you a spider? do you have 8 legs???
If you saw my collection, you'd probably throw up.

The funny thing is that JB is a division of Nike.... That means they are fully controlled by Nike and most of the profits go straight to Nike.... I'm sure Jordan himself has a small % of revenue and royalties for his name but on the Financial Statements for Nike Jordan is a division....

I know. That's I said "try" to play that card.

The separation of the Nike/JB is a canard that they've been able to play this whole time.

But, this is another reflection of the prioritization of substance over quality. Yes, the "Nike Air" unto itself is somewhat important to me. But, more importantly, it's a proxy and shorthand for days of fine craftsmanship and dignity within JB.

This would be a marginal improvement had they kept prices the same. But, without improving the shoe itself, it's just a test to see how whipped their consumers are.

The funny thing is that JB is a division of Nike.... That means they are fully controlled by Nike and most of the profits go straight to Nike.... I'm sure Jordan himself has a small % of revenue and royalties for his name but on the Financial Statements for Nike Jordan is a division....

I know. That's I said "try" to play that card.

The separation of the Nike/JB is a canard that they've been able to play this whole time.

But, this is another reflection of the prioritization of substance over quality. Yes, the "Nike Air" unto itself is somewhat important to me. But, more importantly, it's a proxy and shorthand for days of fine craftsmanship and dignity within JB.

This would be a marginal improvement had they kept prices the same. But, without improving the shoe itself, it's just a test to see how whipped their consumers are.
Yeah I hear you.....

they deff arent gunna do these as a twitter release or rsvp i bet u there will be limited pairs tho
LOL this is pretty much as far from the truth as possible.  The online portion of this release will 100% be a twitter link only release.  They may not sell them anywhere except online, which would make it obvious that there will be no RSVP's because they won't be in Niketowns.  But the online portion of this sale, because no matter what happens these will be on NDC, will most definitely be TLO.  The only shoes that they have not been doing TLO for, since its inception in mid 2012, have been general releases with more than one pair allowed per person, and even then all of those weren't non TLO.

No matter what the price, Jordan's always sell.  It's the nature of the beast.

That being said, a classic shoe with a nice look to it.  Really want to go after it, but with some other stuff coming out the next two months that I want a little more right now.  I am going to have to sit this one out.  $200 tag on these is a bit much in my opinion.  Hurts the wallet.

Exactly. If these shoes get sold out, I have no doubt we will see more permanent price increase in the future.

Back
Top Bottom