Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

For all yall complaining, if you could walk into your local FTL, Champs, Shiekhs etc. and pick these up with ZERO hassle, walk in - walk out, you WOULD DO IT.

The truth why yall complaining because you cant justify 200 bones for ******** lines, twitter rsvp or raffles.

With that said, I'm not happy about the price either, and I'm well aware they joints are as close to '88 as my **** to Kim Kardashians urethra. The 'Nike Air' logo is probably the same mold from the 'Jumpan Air' too :lol:

Still coppin.

Don't worry about that $200 price tag kids. A day after this release you'll be begging to pay that for a pair once they sell out and you see what the aftermarket price will be. I'm seeing preorders on eBay right now for $400. Don't be surprised If resale is averaging $500-600 the day after release. I hope I'm wrong trust me. But I'm willing to bet a dollar I'm right. Anybody?

Maybe Nike was salty cuz they got booted off the J's in the 1st place. Now they taxing JB to come back, PAY ME! Throwing legal terms like liscensing around...
Didnt Nike always own a part of JB? Beside you can't make jordans without Nike Technology so Nike always had their cut

Don't worry about that $200 price tag kids. A day after this release you'll be begging to pay that for a pair once they sell out and you see what the aftermarket price will be. I'm seeing preorders on eBay right now for $400. Don't be surprised If resale is averaging $500-600 the day after release. I hope I'm wrong trust me. But I'm willing to bet a dollar I'm right. Anybody?
Like i said, if you think the Concords ****** up the game, wait for this release.

:lol: Don't get it twisted, there's a reason why Jordans are at Niketown and Nike outlets... I still consider Nike and JB one in the same.

Didnt Nike always own a part of JB? Beside you can't make jordans without Nike Technology so Nike always had their cut

Of course Nike always got their cut because technically they are JB's daddy. I'm just wondering about these 2 latest releases. Knicks 1's with the Nike Air cost more than the Chicago I's, as well as the III's with Nike Air.  I figure if Nike gets a bigger %, of the pie to come back it's coming out of the consumers pocket rather than JB's. 

$200...retail?!

Someone wanna try and throw out that tired inflation argument again?  Jordan Brand is milking the hell out of this era.

I'm good with just the Royal 1's on the 16th from JB.  These are officially a pass.

I'll stick with with Nike/Nike Retro.

I'm not going to front like I don't want these but if I could get them, I get them & sell my '11 pair since they still ds

You can't even use were and where properly, and WE'RE supposed to take you seriously? One of the biggest malls in the Chicago area (Woodfield) had a FSR of Columbias months after they came out in 2001. And that's just one of the more popular shoes. You want to talk about other retros? If you even want to compare the demand from 2001 to now you're crazy. Hell, the demand for Jordans right now is higher than it was when he was playing and the models were new!

But yes, you don't know a thing about business if you can't comprehend that the rise in demand has been the reason for a rise in price. It's as simple as it gets, and yet people like you still can't grasp it. I'm done even trying to reason with the knuckleheads.

I support this dude. If you look at what has changed it's Social Media. Internet forums/Twitter/Facebook etc. have provided the framework for the hype train. Celebrities are more visible to the youth (Kanye, Lil Wayne.....every rap artist these days) and photos of what "style" they rock is too. Now the game is just that, a game to see if you can grab pairs when the timer hits 0:00, JB has all of us hooked in some facet of the game.

I was checking out one of the early release sites and they appear to have GS sizes of these 88 Cement IIIs. So, it appears they wont be super limited and should be available in Cavs/ Thunder 4 type numbers.

Damn it. Do I cop these or not? I have 2011 retros, but these are dope too. I dont even think Ive worn my 2011 IIIs more than 2 times....

I never understood double copping except for a few kicks. There are a few I wish I doubled up on. When people double cop every release I just don't get it. Triple copping? WTF? I assume everyone here has a large collection where they wont wear the same shoe more than 20x a year
I don't get it too.   Unless you live in a big a** house I don't even know where you would  keep all of them.  lol I mean My wife and I together have about 100 pairs and we are running out of room.  Why keep them DS too when they fall apart if you don't wear them.   Just keep your kicks clean. Really no point in double coppin every release unless you are gonna sell one of the pairs to get some money back that you spent on your pair.

Last edited:
Damn it. Do I cop these or not? I have 2011 retros, but these are dope too. I dont even think Ive worn my 2011 IIIs more than 2 times....
There's about a 99% chance I won't be buying.  And it's for that exact reason.  I'm not going to be feeding the JB troll anymore than I already am, lol.  It's a shame the direction in which JB is taking.  Charging that much just for putting on a logo that should be on there to begin with
mean.gif

It made sense to double up before. But now that Jordan brand retros them so frequently i don't see the point anymore.

Not really sure if I want these since I already have the 2011s and the royals will be the top priority that weekend. If JB was releasing the black cements I would def be all over them.

I support this dude. If you look at what has changed it's Social Media. Internet forums/Twitter/Facebook etc. have provided the framework for the hype train. Celebrities are more visible to the youth (Kanye, Lil Wayne.....every rap artist these days) and photos of what "style" they rock is too. Now the game is just that, a game to see if you can grab pairs when the timer hits 0:00, JB has all of us hooked in some facet of the game.
Why complain? Its how marketing works. The oldheads only wear it cuz jordan wore it. It's truly the same concept.
kids wear it for a different celebrity.

It made sense to double up before. But now that Jordan brand retros them so frequently i don't see the point anymore.
Yah but only for your favorite colorways. Do you really want two of every pair? Makes no sense

Why complain? Its how marketing works. The oldheads only wear it cuz jordan wore it. It's truly the same concept.
kids wear it for a different celebrity.
Yah but only for your favorite colorways. Do you really want two of every pair? Makes no sense

before they weren't putting out these crazy colorways they are now they were mostly OG colorways, and they weren't pushing out 3 retros a month.

This moved from a begrudging cop to JB making it easy for me. Pass, too much stuff coming out to worry about these. I'm buying less and less retros and frankly with JB's quality control, shameless milking of the consumer and no new tech or even the original quality it makes my decision easy.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for some DS 2011s that should be flooding the market in the upcoming months.
Yup +1 ! Hopefully they will be sold for great prices! Then we can scoop up deals, while other guys are all chasing the 2¢ Nike Air logo! lol 
happy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom