Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

THE '88' IS CONSTRUCTED WITH THE SAME MATERIALS AS THE 2011. Only REAL difference besides the obvious NA branding is the matte finish on the midsole.
I have several pairs of eac CW III released in 2011[/11... Every pair I've worn has worn well, and still looks great after it hits Beater status. The 2011 IIIs are much better than most of the releases JB has hit us over the last year or so. People cried about the 2011 IIIs when they dropped, ie the mudguard, creasing, gloss, etc.... but given the current JB climate, the IIIs were put together quite well. I'd buy more 2011s in a heartbeat, and without hesitation. The NA branding doesn't force me to go extra HAM, as I still have 94s with the NA, so if i really need to take a shoe out and "worship" the "good ol days of NikeAir" i'm set, plus they still fit me... However, My OG 88s are long gone, mom took those to the salvation army decades ago.

OG III's from 2011, huh? Interesting...
Lemme ask you...on the box label on those, does it say "Retro"?
Yes?
So you have an OG Retro??
Even more interesting...
Especially considering that such a thing doesn't exist.
I swear, i stop in this thread EVERY DAY during my lunch break for no other reason than the comedy.

Easy kitty cat, i was talking about the CW only; I said "OG CW" -- Original colorways released in 2011. You can't read? I can certainly understand how that may be the case, considering you take "lunch breaks". Again, as I clearly stated, the "88" that releases next month is constructed with the same materials as the original colorway IIIs that released in 2011.

sorry man. that really sucks.
It is really tough to help someone you dont know and never delt with. And after this, i am sure you probably won't because of that moron.

I usually only help people i know, and have a good reputation. If not , you will be paying a premium. Reselling is part of the culture. Its not going anywhere unless supply and grows demand.

Thanks bro appreciate it. I try to give people a fair chance, but stuff like this just ruins it for everyone. I help my personal friends get plenty of stuff for retail or close to retail. But like you, if I don't know someone they're going to pay a premium.

And I sold someone my white cement IVs for 120 and he turned around and tried to sell them for 170. On top of that, this same guy purchased soleswapped black cement IIIs from me and then demands a refund when he couldn't resell them the same day he got them. These new cats know nothing about loyalty. That's why I miss the way the game used to be when people helped each other out.

With that said, ill be grabbing my pair with ease. And if I could have gotten a second it woild go to one of the people that have held me down in the past

When people say "I'm copping these with ease" it is because you actually have a connection holding you a pair or because you're overly confident about your abilities to score on NDC?

Thanks bro appreciate it. I try to give people a fair chance, but stuff like this just ruins it for everyone. I help my personal friends get plenty of stuff for retail or close to retail. But like you, if I don't know someone they're going to pay a premium.

And I sold someone my white cement IVs for 120 and he turned around and tried to sell them for 170. On top of that, this same guy purchased soleswapped black cement IIIs from me and then demands a refund when he couldn't resell them the same day he got them. These new cats know nothing about loyalty. That's why I miss the way the game used to be when people helped each other out.

With that said, ill be grabbing my pair with ease. And if I could have gotten a second it woild go to one of the people that have held me down in the past

This is why i try not to deal too much or too often with paypal. idiots constantly filed disputes for no legit reason. i had a guy who filed a dispute saying soles were detached. BUT he didnt even get them yet! I just shipped, he got tracking, then filed a dispute. He obviously lost the dispute. Made sure of that.
Meet ups is the way to go. NO REFUNDs.

But after your incident, im sure it will be alot hard to give people a fair chance, i most certainly won't.

Last edited:

Cuz they dnt mind paying resell :lol:

Good point. That said, if I can manage to sell or trade my extra pair of BRed XI's to get these, I'll do it in a heartbeat. I don't consider that "easy" however. Pulling up a site and casually entering my CC info without feeling a shart slip out as the seconds to secure a pair dwindle? That's easy. And we all know that isn't how this release will go down.

I haven't been here long but this seems like the overall pattern to every thread I been in:

1. Excitement - omg these are my grails

2. Nervousness of availability - omg these are gonna be so limited. 

3. A number of claims talking about how hard it's gonna be to cop. The term hypebeast will be thrown around a lot 

4. **** talk the quality once early release videos and pics start surfacing 

5. Unnecessary anger and craziness due to the fact that the release date is closer

6. New members join - first post usually "I never owned this pair of said shoe and they are my favorite, how much and where will they be sold" kind of post

7. Insert gifs to trying to clown new member, and a bunch of please read first page posts. 

8. Comparisons to the last release of said shoe and **** talk on how the quality has dipped 

9. Release date comes, some people cop, some don't. There's a lot of questions about overseas sites, and a lot of anger due to not snagging a pair and **** talking resalers. 

10. A **** load of pics come in talking about quality. 

11. Cycle repeats in another thread 
12. LoL... True!

Damn, im about 2 hours away from chicago and i thought they were going to have a **** load.... since you guys have such a big *** city. but have you checked up with finishline or footlocker.... 

Good point. That said, if I can manage to sell or trade my extra pair of BRed XI's to get these, I'll do it in a heartbeat. I don't consider that "easy" however. Pulling up a site and casually entering my CC info without feeling a shart slip out as the seconds to secure a pair dwindle? That's easy. And we all know that isn't how this release will go down.
Exactly why i got an extra pair of bred XIs as well. My back up plan for obtaining a pair of these and royal 1s.

Ok, hype has now reached an all time high... My wife, who hasn't bought a pair of jordans on her own since the grey toe 13's, just asked me about these...

Cuz they dnt mind paying resell :lol:
Nah I am just going in with the attitude that I will get it. Releasing at two different times in the same day. Many people will be at work or school during the 3:51 release. During the 7 a.m. many people with work or school will be sleeping (in their respective time zones).
Although the website will still luck up :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom