Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Keeping tags on and wearing them is just some part of inner city culture to prove you have legit stuff and not knockoffs. I wouldn't buy knockoffs to begin with, so I've never felt the need to wear tags on things. Imagine MJ wearing (on court or casually) a pair of 3's or 4's with the hangtag, or even better yet those stupid X and XII tags that people wear on the 2012 retros. People can wear whatever they want, but it's the epitome of awful fashion sense.

I saw Paul George outside a club last summer in Vegas and dude had the XII tag hanging on his Playoff XIIs.

Personally, when I was in HS back in the jersey wearing days, I was rocking my trees with the tag hanging on them.

Keeping tags on and wearing them is just some part of inner city culture to prove you have legit stuff and not knockoffs. I wouldn't buy knockoffs to begin with, so I've never felt the need to wear tags on things. Imagine MJ wearing (on court or casually) a pair of 3's or 4's with the hangtag, or even better yet those stupid X and XII tags that people wear on the 2012 retros. People can wear whatever they want, but it's the epitome of awful fashion sense.
I don't knock people for wearing hang tags or stickers on their hats. It does crack me up when fools wear a dingy ***** new era with the sticker all beat up, wrinkled and starting to peel off. I just don't get that. 

who cares what they cost! this is not  a resellers thread this is about wanting them ,if you gonna jump off the reseller cliff because you want them thats you alot of cats in here think they are  stock market analyst toooooo funny ....keep trolling 

Last edited:
I saw Paul George outside a club last summer in Vegas and dude had the XII tag hanging on his Playoff XIIs.

Personally, when I was in HS back in the jersey wearing days, I was rocking my trees with the tag hanging on them.
I went to school with Paul George. Its funny you mention that cause I would always see people wearing their jeans etc with their tags. I never new it was a style we always though they left all the tags on cause they were going to return them back to the store afterwards. Never new it was a style. Crazy.

To all those worrying about 3s cracking I suggest you find someone locally or on IG that restores sneakers... idk what y'all think but if u want a quality retro Nike isn't gonna suffice, they already know their consumer won't stop buying regardless of quality or price. I don't complain because I already know what I'm getting, 3s are my favorite shoe period that's why I buy I have enough of them to switch out to make sure creasing and cracking is minimal. To all those who want quality an similar style of the 3s I suggest u hit up your local Walmart and pick up those FUBU 3s my neos wore them every night and never complained about cracking or comfort and they did everything in those shoes lol

People can think what they want but at the end of the day it aint them rocking the hangtags or stickers so why worry about it?

DO YOU.
Thats what I was thinking. I wore my 2011 WC III's with the hangtag a couple of times then I stopped. But with nike Air on the back and the NIKE AIR hangtag they look really classic. This pic made me decide I WILL be rocking my pair with the hangtag regardless of what someone thinks. If I am the only person in the World who likes it like that then I will wear it like that because it's what I like. I wear what I like regardless of someone else's opinion.

^ is this Nike's official picture? This photo is legit and simple, I am going to replicate it when mine get here.

Last edited:
To all those worrying about 3s cracking I suggest you find someone locally or on IG that restores sneakers... idk what y'all think but if u want a quality retro Nike isn't gonna suffice, they already know their consumer won't stop buying regardless of quality or price. I don't complain because I already know what I'm getting, 3s are my favorite shoe period that's why I buy I have enough of them to switch out to make sure creasing and cracking is minimal. To all those who want quality an similar style of the 3s I suggest u hit up your local Walmart and pick up those FUBU 3s my neos wore them every night and never complained about cracking or comfort and they did everything in those shoes lol
I know you didn't just recommend NT to get a pair of FUBU's.

imo wearing the hang tag dont look to bad just bothers me banging on my foot when i walk, for me the hang tag stays in the box but it's what you like

Last edited:
Man tues. can't get here fast enough...crazy how a pair of shoes can do this :smile: some smoke crack some play golf I buy kicks

ya, but didn't the original 3's come with this hangtag.....?

View media item 260892

little things get to me like that, i don't wear the tags, but if i did, i'd have to get a thin tag for these
cause this retro came with the wrong one

ya, but didn't the original 3's come with this hangtag.....?

little things get to me like that, i don't wear the tags, but if i did, i'd have to get a thin tag for these
cause this retro came with the wrong one
Now that's the original tag ! Official !!

Hold up, what happened to letting people rock what they like? The man got called a lame for rocking HIS J's with the hangtag wow. As bad as some of you NT cats dress, y'all are pointing fingers?

What's the best way to store these away? I have a few pairs and I wanted some opinions on how to keep em fresh. Any help would be appreciated

Hold up, what happened to letting people rock what they like? The man got called a lame for rocking HIS J's with the hangtag wow. As bad as some of you NT cats dress, y'all are pointing fingers?

Exactly people stay sippin that hatorade on NT, I bet noone would tell this guy that in the streets, people always quick to talk online though.

Back
Top Bottom